Cocaine Recovery

swimmingg

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

-20 years old here. Workout 5x a week.

From the months of December up until the beginning of May I had been a chronic cocaine user (only through the nasal) consuming around 1/2 - 1 gram of coke per session around 4x/wk. Throughout this time, I would also simultaneously chain smoke cigs and marijuana. After a few months, my comedowns became a bit more severe, leading to shortness of breath and consciousness of the heart. This eventually caused me to stop using cocaine. Right as I stopped, I waited a few days and started taking caffeine (which I don't normally take) before lifting, and doing cardio after my workouts. Throughout these few weeks I experienced 1-2 heart palpitations per day, getting the harsh thud after a skipped beat.

Fast forward to Sunday night, I had not used cocaine in 3 weeks, and I consumed 1/2 gram with probably 1/3 bottle of jagermeister (not that much) and chainsmoked all night, eventually going to sleep around 6:30. Upon waking up from this, I experienced more palpitations than normal, an overall consciousness of my heart beat 24/7, and a mild shortness of breath throughout the remainder of the day. I took a nap later on and still woke up to similar symptoms.

The next day was a bit better. Woke up, worked out with no complications (no cardio though) but still experiencing a minimal shortness of breath, and a strong awareness of heart beat. i am very healthy and fit, with a structured diet and workout regimen, and around 50 BPM for my heart rate. I have been checking this constantly since the night in question, and it has always been between 50-60, and during my workout got up to 110-120 which was not alarming to me.

It is now the day after that, and I would say that I do feel a bit better than the day before, but still a bit of labored breathing as well as consciousness of heartbeat, especially when lying down. I have not consumed caffeine, nicotine, cocaine, alcohol, or marijuana since the night. I am wondering if anyone else has experiences a "long-lasting" hangover of this regard, and desperately just want to be back to a normal life where I am not thinking about my breathing and heart 24/7. I was fine going to dinner with friends last night, but as soon as i got home it was back on my mind. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Try not to stoke your fears. Eat right, stay away from drugs and get exercise and whenever the worry comes up use calming reaffirming language in your head to shift away from self-induced panic.<3