• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine powder burning sensation maybe adulterant?

safetyhorn

Greenlighter
First post here, I've lurked for many years and this is the first question I haven't seen answered. Also, I don't really know where this is supposed to be posted if not here.

Usually using 3.5g of cocaine between 4 noses can leave a nose feeling numb or stuffy or runny at the end of the night or the next day, mostly unnoticeable, a benign sniffling. On two occasions, 6 months apart in different towns and from unrelated people, nothing seemed different from the usual. Everything was the same except for the after effect of intense burning in the inside of each nose, nothing cured it besides waiting it out, one nose thought it was death and even saw an emergency room but was given lidocaine gel and told to wait it out. Is there a way to identify the difference in adulterants or even a different explanation?

I know this, cocaine should not burn at all, it should be able to painlessly glide right through your. Nasal cavity, and even open up your sinuses.
It's obvious whatever you had, had some type of cut in it, which could be thousands of things. It is as simple as that, you got sold some garbage with nasty cut in it. Don't buy off that individual anymore

I know this, cocaine should not burn at all, it should be able to painlessly glide right through your. Nasal cavity, and even open up your sinuses.
It's obvious whatever you had, had some type of cut in it, which could be thousands of things. It is as simple as that, you got sold some garbage with nasty cut in it. Don't buy off that individual anymore
^ I agree! The only way to know what exactly is in the cocaine is having it lab tested.

I agree with the above two comments. Cocaine should not burn your nose, although if you snort it a lot over a weekend for example, it may cause your nose to become irritated from snorting it so much, which is more from the act of snorting something into the nasal passages that is acidic like cocaine is. But if it burns when first snorting it, then thats a sure sign of some cutting agents being used, and being mixed with the cocaine improperly. A dealer who knows how to cut the cocaine and knows what type of cut to use will make sure the cut is mixed properly throughout the mixture, which will reduce the likelihood of it burning..but the average dealer does not know what they are doing as far as cutting cocaine really...

It doesn't burn at first, actually snorting more of it helps the burning go away but then 20-30 minutes later it comes back with a vengeance. What you're saying makes sense, we might be doing too much but it just seems too odd to be true that doing approximately 10g per week, 2.5g each, for several months without any more than a stuffy nose and then after getting a refill of the "same" stuff and everyone feeling immense pain at the end of the night