• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Overdose?

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion regarding an incident I had with crack/cocaine. Trying to figure out if what happen to me was an overdose, or possible heart attack..idk?
Awhile back i was smoking crack , driving on my way home after I went to cop. While I was driving, i had taken a blast of some good rock..---next.thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed with a catheter in me , when the nurse came in, she asked If I done any drugs, which I obviously admit
According to the doctors, the police found my car drifted off into a ditch on the side of the road, with me nonresponsive, they say I had urinated in my pants and my head down on the steering wheel.
What i had was very good rock cocaine, and no there is not a possibility it is another drug at all,the same batch has been smoked for several weeks with other people. Anyone have an idea what happen?

Sounds like some dumbass put fentynal on your crack.

A blast of coke doesn't make you drowy, maybe you had a seizure?

Was driving along feeling fine the last thing you remember before waking up in the hospital? Do you remember feeling dizzy? Vision blurring? Nausea?

I'd say it was the rise in blood pressure that caused you to faint..

Doubt fentanyl, but I have heard of it turning up in coke, though I'd say you would still remember feeling an opiate type rush. Had you used any opiates that day?

I get alot of people asking me about fentynal in terms of dealers and I be like "no don't put it on crack, bad dealer" but people do it.

As far as smoking fent there is a mild rush and then it can knock ya the fuck out, it is a reality here so that is why I mentioned it.

Cocaine overdose can cause several issues that can lead to loss of consciousness, but since you immediately blacked out, a seizure seems quite likely.

Had you taken anything else that day?

I was taking morphine regularly.I'm a seasoned drug user, and I do not by anything but the best rock cocaine, and the people i deal with do not so little kid things like attempt to.put fentanyl in crack. Also, i was smoking the same.batch all day, so it wouldn't make sense to lose consciousness after hours of smoking if it had fent. But yeah, I was a regular morphine pill popper at the time in addition to a regular crack smoker. They said I was found behind the wheel and pissed myself unconscious. I was just curious as to what this looks like? Seizure? Im.no doctor--a stroke? A heart condition from crack and having morphine in my blood stream? Thanks guys, the only reason I ask is because this happen to me on another occasion, smoking crack while taking opiates (not enough opiates to get high) just feeding feeding physical dependency

Thanks guys!

Did the doctors not diagnose what specifically happened? That seems messed up if they just discharged you without figuring out the specific cause of your blackout.

Glad youre still alive to tell the tale! Blacking out behind the wheel is no joke.

Did the doctors not diagnose what specifically happened? That seems messed up if they just discharged you without figuring out the specific cause of your blackout.

Glad youre still alive to tell the tale! Blacking out behind the wheel is no joke.
Nurses just told me I was found unresponsive driving, woke up and they discharged me, didn't say much at all, figured oh another junkie

Maybe you overdosed on crack but your body couldnt feel it until some of the morphine wore off because think about it when you take opiates your pupils get small and smoke crack they get huge. So hypothetically with morphine strongly slowing all your systems down it can handle alot more signals from crack telling it to speed up. But if you keep smoking crack over and over your likely able to smoke to a wy higher place before feeling sick but once the morphine drops out all of a sudden your blood pressure heart rate excititory signals in ypur brain will be overwhelmed even though its the same amount of crack in your blood as when morphine was also there

Nurses just told me I was found unresponsive driving, woke up and they discharged me, didn't say much at all, figured oh another junkie

That's fucked. It sounds to me like you might have had a seizure, but it's really impossible for us to say. It sounds like you technically overdosed, but as far as how you overdosed, it's not clear.

That's fucked. It sounds to me like you might have had a seizure, but it's really impossible for us to say. It sounds like you technically overdosed, but as far as how you overdosed, it's not clear.

I second the seizure. I was in the car with someone who went into a grand mal seizure behind the wheel after too smoking too much. He had also done a shot of dope that morning. On top of that, I too have ODd from a shot of good coke while I was prescribed and taking methadone. The medics/hospital staff couldn't discern what had happened. I reckon it was a seizure, as I fell off my bed and lost control of my bladder. It was distinctly different than any other time I had ODd on just straight opiates, because in those cases I came back and knew what was going on, however, with the coke OD seizures (like any seizure) it seems that when coming out of it all memory and normal thought processing is gone for a short period of time.

I know this is really fucked up to even say, but it's not out of the question that you could've had some kind of a minor stroke or similar episode.