• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

cocaine on the rise... again

Im also seeing many older, regular E users turning to coke, most people saying that E is "immature" and coke is a "real drug". I dont take any notice, but coke is definitely becoming more prevalent.

Should be a reason for the cost to come down then and stop jumping on it so much.

I have only done coke 4 times and was offerred it for free by mate and hes really into it anyway the last time he got some it was soft rock that when you looked at it under bright light it had like a crystal sparkle effect to it.He said it was called mother of pearl coke, which i had a very small line and it blew my head off for 40mins.Was the best I have ever had.

other stuff Ive had was average also he said when you get powder stuff it is cut with that dental novacaine or what ever its called and you get same numbing effect but no real high.

and for $ a gram id rather buy 10 pingas and spend the change on booze.

My mate also went to mexico and got half oz for $ and he said was the killer stuff.

people who sell coke are very greedy and the amount of hands it goes through its just not worth even worrying about.

Also Coke is really good for hangovers or after big pill binges and thats when I might have some.

[EDIT: No prices. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it 3 times and it's never done shit. Based on that and that alone.... I would say the QLD quality is poo.

the_ketaman said:
Im also seeing many older, regular E users turning to coke, most people saying that E is "immature" and coke is a "real drug". I dont take any notice, but coke is definitely becoming more prevalent.

Im seeing the exact same thing.

In fact, an old acquaintance had the fuckin audacity to tell me the other night, whilst on a pill, that "pills are for poor people, powders are for the upper class".

Fat little coke head he was :!

Yeah it definitely seems to be getting more popular around here, and the quality has definitely gone up in general. The price has stayed much the same however, so I can only assume that it's not just the people I know who seem to be using it more often.

tony mokbel said:
All it takes is one 600 kilogram/1 tonne shipment to get through and bam coke will take off. everyone will be splitting a gram with a friend and it will take over. I've noticed more and more the really good stuff is getting out there to the public, everyone really wants it but until it comes down in price and the product is half decent then it won't reach the mainstream and rise in popularity.
[EDIT:prices removed. lil angel15]

I doubt Australia will ever have a big market for cocaine, for two reasons: economy, and geography.

Our close proximity to Asia means that from an economic standpoint, it is cheaper for criminal enterprise to import large amounts of drugs from Asian countries via established trade routes which have been used for almost 200 yrs. Furthermore, the precursors/plants required to manufacture these drugs are all readily (moreson than anywhere else in the world, maybe bar Russia) available. China, with its lax laws, allows for copious amounts of methamphetamine, MDMA, and other pharmaceuticals to be produced for exportation. This is because China is a source of ephedra (Mua Hang plant) and other important drug precurors used in drug manufacture. Whilst the Golden Triangle is a heroin Mekkha.

Also, the geographical isolation of South America in respect to Australia means that such an importation would be highly risky, and when considering the fact that our population is so small, why would they bother? Not to mention the fact that the South Americans have thrown in the towel as far as the smuggling part of the industry is concerned (North American cocaine is smuggled predominantly by Mexican cartels now).

Coke will always have that niche market and allure of "cool" (to some), but even if copious amounts did hit the street, most people would probably feel it to be inferioir to the amphetamines they have come accustomed to. It would be a hard sell to try and push a substance which lasts less than an hour, and is expensive as can be. The only people who would be attracted to trying coke would be the same people who use it in Australia now, the "drug using elitists" (so to speak).

tony mokbel said:
It's all about price/purity/availability for any drug, and it will happen. It's just taking a bit longer because of these two issues.

I could see the void being partially filled if the authorities are successful in dramatically cutting the availability of methamphetamine, as happened with heroin after the so-called drought starting in 2000 or 2001.
As I said, there's always a niche market for coke. And I agree, improve the quality and lower its price ALOT, and the kids would love it. As for crack, I don't think that will ever overtake crystal meth in popularity... junkies want alot more bang for their buck. God help us all if it does make it here though :(

NEWS: The Age 15/09/07- Police hit drugs link to Colombia

[EDIT: Threads merged. Thought this article would be fairly topical in here. hoptis]

Police hit drugs link to Colombia

svCOCAINE.jpg

Steve Butcher and Loretta Wilmink
September 15, 2007

FEDERAL police and authorities in South America's cocaine capital Colombia claim to have uncovered a sophisticated scheme to run drugs to Australia via Pacific Islands.

Australian Federal Police revealed in a Melbourne court this week details of how an alleged syndicate used couriers to conceal their connections to "high-risk narcotic regions" such as South America.

Couriers linked to Colombia met colleagues in the Pacific region who collected the drugs and then returned to Australia without suspicious travel records.

In a summary tendered to Melbourne Magistrates Court, federal agent Emma Hurnall alleged the system worked by courier A landing with cocaine from South America in Tahiti or Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, via New Zealand.

Agent Hurnall said courier B would fly from Australia and meet A, who would hand the drug to B.

"The risk of detection by border security is diminished once the cocaine has successfully entered the Cook Islands (and) Pacific islands as courier B, who transports the cocaine into Australia, has no indication of travel to South America," she said.

It is suspected the syndicate has used this method at least eight times since 2005.

An eight-month operation between the AFP and Colombia's Administrative Department of Security (DAS), a wing of its National Police, culminated in July with the arrests of seven people.

The arrests were co-ordinated with that of Fabio Esneider Rodriguez Mora, 24, known as El Iguano (The Lizard), in Colombia. His uncle and alleged syndicate head Jose Arturo Quiroga, 43, was arrested in Carlton, along with Carlos Hernan Torres, 52, an alleged financier, in Dandenong on July 10.

During Torres' bail application this week, Agent Hurnall said the security department alerted federal police last November that Quiroga, his brother Gustavo and Iguano were trafficking cocaine from Colombia to Australia.

She said that in January the department, after introducing an undercover officer to Quiroga, watched and listened as he, Iguano and Torres planned, in the Colombian capital Bogota, to land monthly loads of cocaine of up to five kilograms in Australia.

A one-kilogram "test" run was planned, and in February in Bangkok, intercepted conversations between Torres and undercover police recorded him allegedly discussing money laundering — later said to be weekly amounts of $250,000 — and possible 20-kilogram importations, agent Hurnall said.

One kilogram of cocaine handed to DAS undercover police allegedly by Iguano in May in Bogota was substituted and subjected to a controlled delivery in July in Melbourne, when federal police swooped.

Torres denied knowledge of cocaine importations.

Prosecutor Susan Armour said a number of countries were involved in the investigation.

Magistrate Gerard Lethbridge refused Torres, of Endeavour Hills, bail. Torres will appear again in December
The Age

Last edited by a moderator:
Splatt said:
Should be a reason for the cost to come down then and stop jumping on it so much.

IMHO a decade or so ago the quality of coke in Melbourne & Sydney was consistently much better than recent years - and about 25 - 50% cheaper than today's prices.

THen a few years ago there seemed to be a real supply issue, and a lot of regular coke users that I knew of turned to pipes and meth (sadly in several cases with very bad outcomes). Supply eventually increased by at the same time so did the price whilst the quality dived.

IMHO even good gear today is a completely different product to the good gear of years gone by, not sure what it's being cut with but it's much more of a 'speedy' rush rather than the 'feel good / god complex' that it used to give.

Having said that it still lets you talk shit for hours!!! =D =D

psytaco said:
The only coke i have tried was in thailand, so i can't really judge aussie coke.

on the rock is more pure argument. i do not believe that. Some of the coke i had was in rock from and the white, powdered stuff that I had was a lot better, much cleaner and more potent high. i don't think there are rules of thumb for rock v.s powder in terms of purity. if its rock, it may not have been too pure when pressed or it may have. results may vary

coke in thailand? wow, i only thing i found there was e and amphetamine pills. how was it , expensive?

Last time I was in Thailand I was offered coke more than anything else! But I'd made good friends with some locals the time before that so I was offered the cheaper (and supposedly better) coke that goes to the locals vs the inflated and stepped on tourist coke.

As much as I was tempted, I wasn't tempted enough to enjoy drugs in a country with such heavy laws (more to the point I don't think I could have afforded the bribe!).

As for price, worked out cheaper than Aussie prices (but then our dollar is strong too!)

I would be so scared to take drugs in any Asian countries, I just plain and simply wouldnt do it and I encourage others to do the same.