• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cocaine *Extraction* Alkaloid from organic rubber - Re-purification to Cocaine HCL **

Swim2222

Greenlighter
Good evening,

Swim2222 here,

Lovley to be with you finally - long time lurker and peaker/short time member loving it already.

I’d like to open my show with a bang and would like to know if one would be so kind or able as to pick one or more of the Bluelight.org scientists or long time psyconaughts minds;

Here it goes:

*swim had a beautiful Christmas Day experience with some supreme Cocaine HCL completely smashing time - and it was all down to a unique bit of one might say organic rubber* material!

This magic material had been made in the jungle of peru and had been sent over to swim 🏊‍♀️ in two 8g blocks, that person whom had this sent over had extracted from this the purest product one had ever tried, it literally was a pure unencumbered bout of blow ones socks off at a speed of 400million light years with complete focus.

The problem that Swim had is that the gentleman whom was a Sherpa (from swims mountain climbing days in the andies) the magical Peruvian has taken back with him his secret of extracting this Cocaine HCL from the starting material.

What swim can remember of the time is that a pH meter was of most importance and solvents were most definitely used - but swim allowed the ‘magic man’ to do his magic and he did At the same time as gifting me one more of these smokey smelling almost burnt rubber 8g blocks of heaven, I have pictures, videos and potential even a ‘ample’ for magicians to work upon.

Any help of what he done would be fantastic and I am here to upload and discuss everything and anything to help assist this.

Peace and Love in this major shift.

Swim2222

I have incorporated some photographs into this second post on the thread,

hopefully this will allow someone to know what’s going on here - a UK £1 pound coin has been placed there for reference and a video also uploaded showing the elasticity of the material.

ALL/ANY help greatly appreciated.

That’s good news, I had a second post to get as much info as I can find,

thanks for being on the ball 🎱.

hopefully a blue lighter can help!

without knowing what the cocaine has been mixed with you're really on your own here
presumably it is present as freebase? try seeing if dichloromethane or similar will extract anything

@sekio

Thanks for the reply my friend. I am afraid to say I haven't got the slightest of clue to what the substance it is mixed with but i know 100% it is freebase cocaine and yes it is in a high quantity. I will try to explain what the startimg material is:

A brown/amber coloured almost shoe soul type material, it has a spring to it to allow ones fingers to nearly touch if squeezed however it immediately returns back to the shape of its origin upon release, it is not moist or transferable nor does it flake off or disintegrate.

One has not put any from of solvent on this as of yet. It smells almost like a smoked piece of charcoal with 10 times the strength of a Haribo gummy bear (one for a jaguar maybe!) it can pick with nails and can cut with an serrated knife.

one is lead to believe it’s an organic substance so looking in to the breakdown of organic rubber/latex type a/b reactions maybe?

DICHLOROMETHANE will be a test for one to do any help on this will be excellent I will couple this with organic extraction methods *hopefully* an article mentioning relevant pH levels and reagents.

All help from fellow bluelighters here would be great
if you see the video it’s quite rubbery, elastic, smokey smelling substance. a similar size piece brought back well over 3.5g of really really strong stimulant Cocaine.

I’d like to do 5-10 test samples on the 10g piece to see what extraction methods would bring it back.
even in the 0.01-9g scale I’d also like to do a purity test.

Love and Peace to all x

So my best guess is that it is essentially a technique used to smuggle cocaine, where it is added to some other substance and later extracted. They’ve found cocaine in everything from plastics to soaked into clothing and furniture, etc. When a package is opened and they see chunks of weird rubber shit they likely just move it right along.

Unfortunately as sekio said, without knowing the composition this may be difficult..

I think starting by trying to pull with a solvent is your best bet.. My assumption is that, it being freebase, the other constituents are probably water soluble and this may be fairly easy. Maybe..

Let us know how it goes,
-GC

This article might provide some answers:
They analized a sample of black cocaine seized by German customs. It might be some kind of metal-thiocyanate-cocaine complex mixed with graphite and other stuff. The autors said that particular sample contained a copper complex with thiocyanate and protonated cocaine. Apparently, it can also contain cobalt or iron instead of copper (maybe a mixture of different complexes?), although it almost always contains thiocyanate which interferes with some drug tests used by the police.

That particular sample was soluble in acetone so I think you should try that first with a small piece of your product.

If most of it dissolves you can filter the remaining (insoluble stuff like graphite) and then do an acid-base extraction of your acetone layer.
If your sample contains protonated cocaine as opposed to freebase, you can add a base like sodium carbonate into the acetone mixture. By adding a basic solution you'll make freebase cocaine which is almost insoluble in water, this step will ideally get rid of the thiocyanate and also precipitate the copper/iron which you can then filter off. Freebase cocaine can then be extracted with petroleum ether (o white spirit) and the rest should be easy. I originally thought of diethyl ether but an apolar solvent seems better to avoid solubilizing the thiocyanate.

Look at the article for more detailed information, they also discussed the use of chelating agents such as EDTA to improve the yield by removing whatever metals are left.

This procedure may not work since we don't know what's in your product, but I think it's worth a try based on the available information.

Last edited:
@G_Chem thanks for the response, its a tricky one over here as also whilst reading I’d be happy for some solvent ideas/tek I’d be super stoked to retrieve a product out of this.

‘I do wish I asked this man‘...

@4meSM Again thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I had a read at some of the article regarding ‘black cocaine’ some of them did describe it coming in an almost rubbery consistency others spoke more of it coming in a powdery black toner. So on the pull would it be advised to take precautions of the thiocyanate would it stay in the final dose, I mean the peice is not huge it’s 9.9g

I will split it into 5 test of 2.0g and most definitely use acetone for 2/5 I’d like to try some other possibly solvents to break down the rubber-like material (it almost reminds me of cured silicone but a bit tougher) I’m just wondering would there be any stronger solvents if acetone did not break it down or would heating be required?

definitely excited to see the result.

@dalpat077 I know just read this back over I mentioned in the response to @sekio that ’One knew it was freebase cocaine 100% and it was in high quantity’ the has been mis-construed; as I do not have a high quantity of the material but rather that the sample that the gentleman from Peru had previously extracted had a high quantity of freebase cocaine came out of another sample that was also 10.0g - just to clarify. :cool:

@4meSM Again thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I had a read at some of the article regarding ‘black cocaine’ some of them did describe it coming in an almost rubbery consistency others spoke more of it coming in a powdery black toner. So on the pull would it be advised to take precautions of the thiocyanate would it stay in the final dose, I mean the peice is not huge it’s 9.9g

I will split it into 5 test of 2.0g and most definitely use acetone for 2/5 I’d like to try some other possibly solvents to break down the rubber-like material (it almost reminds me of cured silicone but a bit tougher) I’m just wondering would there be any stronger solvents if acetone did not break it down or would heating be required?

definitely excited to see the result.
Multiple news articles I found say black cocaine has a rubber-like consistency, even if it can also come in powder form.
(You'll find even more stuff if you google "cocaina negra" or "cocaina antinarcoprueba" because it's a south american product lol).
I assume black cocaine can be turned into something similar to rubber by compressing the mixture while it's still wet (or something similar), maybe they add some kind of binding agent too but I didn't find anything mentioning that.
Even if feels like rubber it's actually an inorganic compound (besides the actual cocaine), at least that's what most sources say.

The people who actually make it probably don't know the exact composition very well either, they probably follow the recipe of the guy who came up with the idea.
It's not a completely novel idea either, I actually found a scientific publication from the 60-70s describing that kind of cocaine-thiocyanate complexes.

Anyway, yeah you could try other solvents such as DCM, chloroform, DMF, etc...
The thing about acetone is that it's readily available (which is ideal if you're a drug trafficker) and it actually dissociates these kinds of copper or iron complexes pretty well, unlike water or ethanol, according to the previous article.
I would try that first if I were you, it will literally take a couple of minutes and you can evaporate the acetone if it doesn't work.

@4meSM defo a south American product, ”ain’t they just the best...?” - the homes of tobacco, dmt containing plants are rife so much more.

one shall try the two acetone washes - does one have to be aware off any pH levels— I did mention in the last reply but just making sure, cocaine-thiocyanate what an amazing combination the possibilities are insane.

Would the extractions next preformed in the same way As a straight forward acetome wash
DCM - dichloromethame, right?
Chloroform
DMF not sure on that one will do further research

@4meSM defo a south American product, ”ain’t they just the best...?” - the homes of tobacco, dmt containing plants are rife so much more.

one shall try the two acetone washes - does one have to be aware off any pH levels— I did mention in the last reply but just making sure, cocaine-thiocyanate what an amazing combination the possibilities are insane.

Would the extractions next preformed in the same way As a straight forward acetome wash
DCM - dichloromethame, right?
Chloroform
DMF not sure on that one will do further research
Yeah DCM= dichloromethane.
If your product is similar to the one described in the article I don't think you need to worry too much about the pH at first, just extract with acetone, filter, add a concentrated solution of sodium carbonate, filter, add petroleum ether/petroleum spirit (instead of diethyl ether) and it should separate the cocaine freebase without the thiocyanate. I originally said diethyl ether but just edited my post because that will actually solubilize the potential thiocyanate as well, plus cocaine freebase is supposed to be soluble in petroleum ether so I think it should work.

Once you have your freebase in the apolar solvent then you can "worry about the pH" when you turn it into cocaine hydrochloride by adding an HCl solution.
It might be best to evaporate your petroleum/spirit first and then redisolve the cocaine paste, this time using diethyl ether, before adding the HCl solution. You'll find those lasts steps on google.

Just my opinion based on the information I was able to find, I may have missed something so feel free to correct me if you have additional info (whoever is reading this).

Last edited:
@4meSM Thanks ever so much for all the help. Again not sure what to say very welcoming and knowledgeable responses for information one could only start to ponder in the midst of a whole hearted psychedelic experience; however with bluelight and users like your self this is a reality.

Will make sure updates are through.

@dalpat077 in regards to your first question I couldn’t even begin to imagine how much would be required to extract a 1KG amount as I couldn’t even tell you how much is required.

I know this piece is roughly 10cm long and 4cm wide and weighs 9.9g the Sherpa that came over to spend Christmas extracted just under 3.5g of cocaine freebase from this small rubbery lump of some incredible heavenly greatness.

In regards to purchasing it again I would not have a clue!

It was gifted unto me by the Sherpa before he left back for the Andes and the sequences of events are as follows:

Pato had been met in April of 2019 when a partner and a spectacular being went to a base camp in a Peruvian mountain range. He spoke extremely little English but had dealt with Americans and English people for some time so it was mainly hand gestures and writing/drawings (this got tricky at the night time) We was advised that Cocaine HCL was strictly a product that was a no go for the locals and we was shown towards coca leaf and natural Lyme what we was told to take a wad of the leaf and add a little Lyme and make a ‘PUK’ the rough translation of the word we was given; then to rest it inside of ones mouth for the journey; it was not so in your face strength like Cocaine HCL it was more of a energy buzz like caffeine with a boost.

We climbed the mountains - a wondrously enlightening experience however not for this thread (it would just be filler material for the response).

Pato had taken his time to after climbing to come out and show us what we was looking for ‘cocaina’ with a small gesture toward his nose very subtle but we knew and immediately said yes; Sì, oui, shook our heads up, down and agreed!

He presented to us a crudely wrapped diesel smelling product about 2g it was quite moist but do not ever let that moist product fool you!

It was a combination of the enviroment, not being able to get cocaine HCL in Peru (right?!) and spending time with Pato and getting to know him that made it ever so rewarding.

We invited Pato to the UK in November before the covid lockdown. He had brought over many different things in his lightly packed luggage from banistaria (do beg my spelling) Capri and a leaf, paleo santo wood, a bark from mimosa hostilis a red tree bark and two blocks of this rubbery material each of them 10.0g also he had 2 bottles of plastic containing 3 liquids.

We got closer to Christmas time maybe the 17th of December when pato decided to show us the rubber material asked us to relax and enjoy ourselves (in our own home as he did when we was with him in his home) and it was a reassuring experience like we had been here before. He had soaked one of the rubber blocks a night earlier and had brought out the cup covered in tinfoil and preceded to work, coffee filters he asked for and a piece of crude muslin cloth, Two to three hours later, a spin or 2 of greatest Christmas hits 1997 and he presented a crude white almost paste similar to what we had seen before in Peru.

I can confirm the sense of elation had returned when this was brought out as it was a similar looking product that we had seen in Peru not particularly powdery but wow. It was cocaine.

We took it and it returned the feeling of south America to us although Pato didn’t take it he was also with us on the whole journey.

As pato was leaving he gifted us with this block 9.9g and that was it... he was gone in the Uber and back home.

Summarised in short but yes!

Thank you for the reply @dalpat077

He had soaked one of the rubber blocks a night earlier and had brought out the cup covered in tinfoil and preceded to work, coffee filters he asked for and a piece of crude muslin cloth, Two to three hours later, a spin or 2 of greatest Christmas hits 1997 and he presented a crude white almost paste similar to what we had seen before in Peru.
You don't remember anything else? Like what color was the solution (black or like cloudy water?) or the stuff that ended up on the coffee filter?
Surely you can provide a bit more info, assuming you don't have 100+ different solvents at home.

You don't remember anything else? Like what color was the solution (black or like cloudy water?) or the stuff that ended up on the coffee filter?
Surely you can provide a bit more info, assuming you don't have 100+ different solvents at home.
The solution that was decanted from the rubber was brown, after the clear liquid I presume a solvent was added.

Cloudy water was formed after the addition of another liquid the gentleman had added.

I have hydrogen peroxide and acetone here.

That’s about it Pato had two clear plastic - like freshly squeezed orange juice bottles

presumably the process looks something like this;
1. macerate the resin in some solvent, presumably nonpolar, kerosene, hexanes, toluene, dcm... this extracts the (presumably) cocaine freebase
2. filter off solution of freebase in solvent
[note: maybe a crude purification step is needed? no idea]
3. carefully add solution of concentrated hydrochlorid acid dropwise, watching pH, eventually cocaine hydrochloride precipitates out
4. filter the precipitate off
[note: and dry it! as produced there will almost certainly be excess water and hydrochloric acid present, which will convert your hard earned cocaine to the inactive benzoylecgonine]

the real lesson to be learned here, is there is never any harm in asking questions about a process you might want to repeat. because right now, what may seem like politeness to you is also job security for sr. quimico over there.

this is quite a old smuggling technique of the early 2000's they use to have entire suitcases and the entire plastic was cocaine before authories caught on. HCL conc, acetone, ammonia and DCM will be used to extract it. here it is done in australia on video from police cams on a bust