• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine confusion 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Obikylekenobi

Bluelighter
Hey guys after spending a few hours in the forums yesterday I’m kinda confused now. I hope someone can help me out here. I was reading about crack and freebase cocaine because I was under the impression that freebase cocaine was better/stronger than crack. So the first thing I learned is that all crack IS freebase. Freebase is when you take cocaine hcl and use either baking soda or ammonia to free the cocaine from the hcl which is what makes it smokable. Several posts also said that the baking soda is only there to free the hcl molecules and that there isn’t any actual baking soda in crack! Is this true? I always though that the baking soda was also a cut. I thought part of the point of turning cocaine to crack, apart from making it smokable was that it gave you more product to sell. Like 7g cocaine hcl+ 3.5g baking soda= more than 7g crack. Also if there’s no soda in it and turning it into base is making it pure cocaine why isn’t all crack the same strength? Doesn’t making it into freebase remove all the cut and bullshit from the coke? 🤔🧐🤓

So here’s the deal. Crack is cocaine freebase yes, just OFTEN impure with baking soda like you said. This doesn’t have to be the case but most don’t know exact ratios or how to cook it properly. If too much is used and/or it’s not washed out with hot water then baking soda will remain.

Just gotta wash the freebase several times with hot water to get freebase of similar, if not better, purity then made with ammonia. Reason is, hot water washes may pull other cuts there too.

-GC

Turning coke into crack doesn't leave you with pure crack or a mix of baking soda/crack unless of course your coke is pure.
If the coke is cut up badly many cuts will freebase along with the coke and form into a useless freebase rock of cut that will never get you high.

Hey guys after spending a few hours in the forums yesterday I’m kinda confused now. I hope someone can help me out here. I was reading about crack and freebase cocaine because I was under the impression that freebase cocaine was better/stronger than crack. So the first thing I learned is that all crack IS freebase. Freebase is when you take cocaine hcl and use either baking soda or ammonia to free the cocaine from the hcl which is what makes it smokable. Several posts also said that the baking soda is only there to free the hcl molecules and that there isn’t any actual baking soda in crack! Is this true? I always though that the baking soda was also a cut. I thought part of the point of turning cocaine to crack, apart from making it smokable was that it gave you more product to sell. Like 7g cocaine hcl+ 3.5g baking soda= more than 7g crack. Also if there’s no soda in it and turning it into base is making it pure cocaine why isn’t all crack the same strength? Doesn’t making it into freebase remove all the cut and bullshit from the coke? 🤔🧐🤓
Actually it is like this; yes crack is also a form of freebase, however there needs to be made a distinction between crack and freebase; crack is cooked with baking soda, in the end product there are still lots of cuts present as well as all the baking soda, its the baking soda that makes a crackling sound when heated hence the name crack, crack is very impure with a max of 68%.

Basecoke however, cleaned with ammonia, cleans (almost) every cut away and has purity ranging from 70% to 99%.

Over here crack is sold very cheap and is bought by homeless ppl or very poor ppl, anyone who can afford it buys a g of HCL and clean it themself with ammonia...