• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Comedown Lasting Symptoms

A

Aladdin12345

Hey everyone. Firstly thanks for taking the time to respond if you do.

So about 6 weeks ago, I went to a party and over the course of the night snorted about 0.2g of cocaine. Felt absolutely fine on the night and went home and slept the next morning.

When I woke up, I felt a bit groggy but nothing crazy suspicious and so just watched a movie on my couch. However the next day I still had a weird light headedness and feeling of being a bit wired. My eyes felt over focused although my pupils have returned to normal size, and I've had a bit of a headache which comes and goes if i have a busy day. I'm able to function well at work but have an imbalance when I move too quick which makes me feel a bit nauseous and i can't get back to the gym.

Anyone have any thoughts on what may be happening? My main questions are has anyone else ever experienced something similar, and do I need to be concerned. Slightly worried I may have permanently damaged my brain as the symptoms don't seem to be letting up. Told the doctor and she didn't seem concerned but I just wanted to see if anyone else had had similar before and whether it eventually goes. Positive answers / comments only please :)

A

I'm more concerned that your dr isn't concerned about your cocaine use. Brain damage is kind of a relative term. You're having symtpoms so it obviously damaged you but more than likely you won't turn into a vegetable from thay usage.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/829180-Cocaine-Comedown-Lasting-Symptoms?p=14116482#post14116482

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks so much for replying. Doctor obviously told me not to do it again and I definitely won't be after the worry and stress of this ordeal, however I just wanted to know if anyone else had had similar and whether it eventually goes? Can your brain re-train itself? Is 0.2g a lot to do over the course of a night? My mind just goes into overtime that I'm gonna drop dead or that my brain is slowly being eaten away. Guess this isn't a medical thread and I should probably just listen to my doc.

A

0.2g is a very small amount of cocaine. Even when I first started, doing 1.0g was the normal in a night. Many have done alot more and been fine(may calm your nerves knowing that). But everyone is different. If you do something and your body doesn't feel right, listen to it. Cocaine may just not be for you, or you may be allergic to it or something it was cut with. Street cocaine is almost always cut, on average in US it's 50-60% pure. I've known individuals who love their cocaine, but certain cutting agents made them feel extremely funny.

Listen to your body. You could just be getting sick or feeling off. It happens. Perhaps if you want to try it again, wait until you feel completely normal. Then try another small amount. If the results are the same, you know it just isn't for you.