• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine cold / sinusitis?

james125

Greenlighter
Hello all

I've been having this problem about 50% of the time I do coke. It's like a bad cold or sinusitis it'll usually kick in about 24hrs after use. I end up having a blocked nose / running nose, and just feel generally shitty.

I don't do coke all that much maybe once a month. My usual dose is ~250mg a night, I think the purity is pretty good. I also do it with alcohol & cigarettes which I seldomly have during the week. I usually use a bank note to snort it which I don't share but it has not been sterilised in any way. Because the nose easily allows coke into the blood I imagine that it'll easily allow bacteria & viruses as well?

I'm wondering if there is anything in the coke itself. Could I sterilise it in some way? I have tried washing out my nose with salt water after a night out but it doesn't seem to help much. Has anyone had anything similar? Or know what I can do to prevent this?

Cheers!

I have no idea how to prevent this, but you aren't alone. I did about 8 lines this weekend, and 2 bumbs off a friends key, the next day I woke with a stuffy/runny nose. And a freaking headache. I know my nasal lining gets inflamed easily, thus the runny nose. Wish I knew how to prevent it also.

Suffering as we speak!!

My normal way of dealing with it is vicks vapour rub and lots of tissues. Drink water and lots of it. I have probably had about 12-15 litres of water since I started my bender on Wednesday night!!!
I'm suffering big time but I'll get over it and deal with the fact that I am stupid enough to do it so I have to nut up, shut up and face the consequences.

Coke nose, as the condition is called in my neck of the woods. It sucks, and your best bet is to use either saline solution (salt water, essentially) to unclog it, or I have heard Afrin or a nasal spray is useful.

I snort meth, primarily, and it does the opposite of that, but my nose is ulcerated and scarred, so its got its problems. Honestly, good Coke should clear your sinuses. More than likely the cutting agent is the main contributing factor.

Also, never use a bill to snort with. You don't share it, but money trades hands more than anything else, and so your bill has probably been touched by dozens of people. Who knows? I put three or four bills in the ass side of a strippers thong just last night; who's to say someone isn't snorting with one of those right now?

Anybody get this green coating that grows back and sticks to the whole insides of your nose? I'm scared to blow it out cause sometimes part of it gets stuck and hurts like hell!

Probably cut cocaine. I've read that pure cocaine should be smooth going up the nose and not cause these issues. Correct me if I'm wrong. A warm shower after using usually helps a lot to clean it out, or using a saline solution in-between doing the lines.

If you ever sniff anything, make sure to follow each nasal administration with OCEAN saline nasal spray...It's all natural and will significantly help your nostrils from getting clogged/infected.

Sounds like you are either not cut out to do much blow or you are getting some rough cut in your coke.

I never really had problems with sniffing drugs but I have had blow that wasn't that great to snort and when I put it in water I noticed some nasty cut.

I've had terrible coke, decent quality and cocaine from the counties it originates and traffics throughn while visiting ex-pat friends. The excellent stuff never caused me more than a slightly runny nose. Doesn't numb much, doesn't raise my pulse or b.p. significantly, and the next day I'd not be able to say I used coke if it was the better / best stuff I've had. No hangover, no jones.

If you're north of Panama, east of Venezuela, or South of Bolivia to North of Chile you're very likely getting cut stuff, pretty heavily.

The good stuff, I don't Jones, I can do a line and let two hours go by with it cut up and stressing me in the face before i even think to have another, other times I'm enjoying the mellow, anxiety free, slightly talkative, motivated feeling by doing lines every half hour. No need for more, at most a diazepam (at my prescribed dose x1.5) to sleep. But that's really just b/c i have to take some I'm dependent.

OP, as others have stated is likely a cut in your blow. Without lab testing nobody can know what you have.

Try to find a different source, learn to clean up decent qtys (a ball at minimum) or better yet quit unless you find a connection like those i had down south of Panama. Even then it's dicy, coke is cheap there, but it can't get too cheap until the profit is less than exporting from the source to its next destination, so some do cut it even at the origin, levimasole (sp?) according to the DEA confirmed this in 2011 report about then.)

Plus, usually only clueless tourists and wealthy natives with out of country visitors buy to use it in those places. Guess who gets the good shit? Not the guy with the American backpack a wad of hundred and an Apple S6+.