• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Chemistry

cjdrugsyay

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

I have been wanting to do an experiment for a long time, and I am wondering if anyone here might have better chemistry knowledge then I do and might be willing to share some experience or tips. Cocaine has some interesting properties that I have never seen in an alkaloid (in my limited experience) that I am hoping to exploit. My goal is to clean all of the adulterants out of a quarter ounce by converting its hydrochloride form into its base (alkaloid) form, then exploiting its non-water soluble properties to clean it further and convert it back into its hydrochloride form. Here is the process I wish to use:
  1. Clean a quarter ounce in acetone (probably two or three times)
  2. Add sodium hydroxide to the semi-clean hydrochloride to convert it into its basic form (rock it)
  3. Clean the water soluble adulterants out by adding the powder to water (cocaine base is not soluble in water and it should precipitate out)
  4. Extract the precipitate and dry it
  5. Add hydrochloric acid to the cleaned cocaine base powder to convert it back into its hydrochloride form
  6. Evaporate any water out of the solution
Am I correct in my understanding that this should clean pretty much all of the adulterants out of the coke? I know I'll lose quite a bit in the process, but what is left should be pure, right? Are there any common adulterants that share similar chemical properties with cocaine that would render this process ineffective? Am I full of s#@&? Any feedback is welcome, and thank you in advance for your comments, advice, and suggestions.

Hi!

You might consider reading this thread:
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/le-junks-cocaine-purification-megathread-v-the-final-word.317605/

Concerning removal of levamisole this paper might help:
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._and_Phenyltetrahydroimidazothiazole_Mixtures

Not an expert but I think sodium hydroxide for making freebase is uncommon. Usually ammonia is used.

Greets
Awesome! I'll check both of these out! Thank you very much. I have heard that ammonia is more common for making crack. Is that a preferable method of rocking the coke before adding hcl?