• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cocaine before mdma, does it kill the roll?

Pjotr777

Greenlighter
If using a few lines of coke before popping a pill, does it kill the roll? If so, is there a pharmacological explanation for it?

Yes.

From my limited understanding, Cocaine being a triple reuptake inhibitor it blocks the MDMA from also being “uptaken.” Hopefully someone else can come in and explain it better.

-GC

Found this:
MDMA is a potent releaser and/or reuptake inhibitor of presynaptic serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.

Cocaine blocks the dopamine transporter inhibiting reuptake of dopamine from the synaptic cleft into the pre-synaptic axon terminal; the higher dopamine levels in the synaptic cleft increase dopamine receptor activation in the post-synaptic neuron causing euphoria and arousal. Cocaine also blocks the serotonin transporter and norepinephrine transporter, inhibiting reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine from the synaptic cleft into the pre-synaptic axon terminal and increasing activation of serotonin receptors and norepinephrine receptors in the post-synaptic neuron.

This means there isn’t much left for the mdma to do it’s work?

Not necessarily, more that the action of cocaine to inhibit reuptake allows monoamines such as serotonin and dopamine to accumulate. This blockade also blocks the MDMA from making it to the necessary receptors to be active.

It’s also possibly due to Cocaine has a higher affinity for DAT, NET and possibly SERT even. Just like how buprenorphine can knock heroin out of receptors with its higher affinity or block heroin from getting someone high if it’s already in place.

-GC

Oke thanks for your answers. Next
Time ill skip the cocaine and stick to mdma+lsd.

We had a two hour drive to the party and took a few lines but I guess it wasn’t worth it.

Oke thanks for your answers. Next
Time ill skip the cocaine and stick to mdma+lsd.

We had a two hour drive to the party and took a few lines but I guess it wasn’t worth it.

Yup unfortunately many have learned this same lesson. If you do cocaine at all it should be after you’ve comedown but overall I suggest just sticking to the MDMA/LSD/Other psychedelics.

-GC