• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine: Anxiety Attack: Scared

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
I don't know if I can use Bluelight like this. I don't really have a question as such but it's 2:47am here, nobody to talk to and having a really bad panic attack after doing coke (only 0.5g). Have taken a decent dose of Xanax (3mg but I have some benzo tolerance) which has helped a bit but this is still very unpleasant.

My only symptoms are rapid heart beat (120-130) and bad anxiety. I'm pretty sure it's just panic, not an OD or anything.

Can I post on here for the next few hours until this eases up or it gets light out?

Hey man, you should try and meditate, there are some really good guided meditations on YT.
A heart beat of 120-130 isn't that bad, so try to relax, drink some water and let the Xanax do it's job.
Hope you feel better soon :)

Thankyou Kleinerkiffer, really appreciate that. Has made me feel a bit better. Will try the meditation.

Try this, will feel strange but should help. Breathe in for the count of 4 through your nose and exhale to the count of 6 through your mouth. Sit in an upright position so you back is supported and forward. Think of lovely memories and things you want to do in the future. I sometimes go on Google Earth and say take myself to somewhere I really would like to go.

Thanks man, I'll try this. Really appreciate this.

Honestly the worst part of this is the sheer loneliness at this time in the morning. Pulse is coming down a bit with the breathing exercise.

Actually helps a lot just being able to post on here!

Another UK member, that means we are all on here.....lol! Dont think there is many of us to be honest from the UK, I am from just outside Milton Keynes. I went to bed at 12.30 and woke up about half an hour ago feeling seriously hungry so munching so ceral now.

Breathing techniques might help you too
http://www.artofliving.org/yoga/breathing-techniques/alternate-nostril-breathing-nadi-shodhan
Place the tip of the index finger and middle finger of the right hand in between the eyebrows, the ring finger and little finger on the left nostril, and the thumb on the right nostril. We will use the ring finger and little finger to open or close the left nostril and thumb for the right nostril.
Press your thumb down on the right nostril and breathe out gently through the left nostril.
Now breathe in from the left nostril and then press the left nostril gently with the ring finger and little finger. Removing the right thumb from the right nostril, breathe out from the right.
Breathe in from the right nostril and exhale from the left. You have now completed one round of Nadi Shodhan pranayama.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

I can't believe I'm admitting this but in spite of the horrible panic I still have the urge to do more coke. Is that insane?

I know the feeling bud as suffer from terrible anxiety myself, even going out the front door lately is proving hard. On 2 different benzos and still feel horrid so tried this Pregabalin today or should I say yesterday! Felt a bit of euphoria from it, although did not take the entire capsule as got anxious that it may make me even more anxious....lol....So I emptied some of the capsule out then took it.

Ah sorry to hear that man. Anxiety is the worst. I used to get it even without any pharmaceuticals. To the extent that I couldn't leave my house for like two months. Hope one of the meds works for you.

Never tried coke bud as worried it may make my anxiety bad, in fact never tried any other drug apart from prescription drugs and anabolic steroids.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

I can't believe I'm admitting this but in spite of the horrible panic I still have the urge to do more coke. Is that insane?

Somewhat yes, but I can relate, coke can be quite addictive. But don't give in, it'll just make your anxiety worse, after the initial good feeling.

Ah sorry to hear that man. Anxiety is the worst. I used to get it even without any pharmaceuticals. To the extent that I couldn't leave my house for like two months. Hope one of the meds works for you.

No way, so you have had it too, just the worst feeling :(

It's awful. I basically didn't touch any drugs (even alcohol) from 17-35 because of panic disorder. I wouldn't even drink red bull. Then eventually I got prescribed a mild stimulant for severe depression (antidepressants weren't helping). I refused to take it for ages but in the end had no choice. But after I got over the fear it felt good and I lost some fear. Then moved on to dexedrine. That felt even better. So I thought I'd give coke a bash. And now here I am!

Hope stuff gets better for you bud, anxiety is just awful. I can't really complain right now as it's completely self inflicted.

So sorry to hear that. I suffer from anxiety too, but never to this extend. :/

Stringer-Bell..........Laptop battery light is flashing so going to shut down on me any second and charger is at girlfriends, typical.....Hope you feel better.

Yeah it was crazy bad. I was refusing to take meds though (had a drug fear at that point, oh the irony!). Thanks a lot for your help man.