• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Cocaine and opioids aka speedball dangers?

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Taking my opiates as prescribed, ive just now realized allows me to experience less adverse physical effects from my heavy crack usage, ive read into it abit, but as far as i can tell, the only danger is overdose when people recreationally do it on purpose??? But at one point i read it can cause mixed signals within the body but again, on opiates for 3 yrs now, heavy coke use for 2 and havent had any issues / scary events???

The “mixed signals” theory is bullshit. If you control your doses and keep them at levels you’d normally take with the drugs by themselves, you’ll be fine.

Crack Cocaine is inherently toxic to the cardiovascular system, so that is always going to be a factor. Opioids can kill you easily by reducing your respiration to the point where you essentially suffocate just sitting there. You have both of these factors working against you, so to answer your question, there are multiple ways in which you could end up really hurting yourself or dying from this combination. Is it likely that you will die tonight? No. You're here, you're coherent, but in general this is not the type of thing that Jillian Michaels starts her day with.