• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine and my back hurting

CheesyNKY

Greenlighter
Anytime I do coke, IV or snortin or anything, regardless of how much I do, my back always ends up KILLING me for the next day.

Is there any like medical reason for that?

And why is it that anytime I do coke, I always want more?

...just kidding :p

Anytime I do coke, IV or snortin or anything, regardless of how much I do, my back always ends up KILLING me for the next day.

Is there any like medical reason for that?

And why is it that anytime I do coke, I always want more?

...just kidding :p

I'm not sure why coke would make your back hurt, no idea at all. Maybe you've bent over one too many times to the mirror? ;)

When you do cocaine, you always want more because the dopamine release cocaine gives you is a very rewarding experience, similar to the way eating is rewarding, but stronger. Also, if you find cocaine to be a positive, euphoric, rewarding experience, then you're going to want to do more because it's only natural to want to keep the good times rolling once you've started.

Cocaine is a stimulant, also meaning it constricts muscles and the vascular system. Your back hurts because of this. There could also be some other associated or unassociated problem. You should see a doctor if it is impairing the ability to perform life functions. Another option is to stop doing cocaine.

And the second question: because your addicted.

I do coke MAYBE once every other month, like hardly EVER.

And i NEVER have back pains until I do, and it's always in lower my back.

and I know why I always want more dude, just a joke.

who doesn't want more after they do a line.

Well, then its most likely do to the cardiovascular effects from the cocaine. Like I said above, CNS stimulants are constrictors, meaning they tighten your muscles, veins, arteries, etc.

Well, then its most likely do to the cardiovascular effects from the cocaine.
This is worrying if this is so. I wonder if posture may not be to blame. When doing C times goes by but often you will sit in the very same posture. Your back (or the suffering body part) aches but because of the aneasthizing effect you don't notice. C or crack session involve staying in the same position for hours.

I never get back pain until I do E. Get horrid back pain. Seems to be true that it has something to do with vein constriction that stimulants cause. Towards the end of the night, I have to lay on the couch cuz I can't stand and that helps somehow. Never happens just when drinking only on E.

If the cause is vein constriction why is it only the back that hurts? I take pain meds daily for chronic pain but have to significantly increase my dose cuz of the back pain from E. Nothing but back pain gets worse. Not my feet or legs from dancing, u'd think that if the veins constrict those would hurt too.

I have the same reaction to amphetamines. I am guessing due to its effect on norepinephrine that it is similar to the fight-or-flight response where you it makes you keyed up, makes you unconsciously tense your muscle and if you don't use them, they are eventually going to get sore.

Hmm, that sounds like it could be true.

Like last time I did some, I couldn't even sleep, I laid around movin around all night cause it hurt so bad. Sort of just ended up in fetal position on a buncha tylenol PM :p

Wait, so are you saying if maybe when I do it, if I move around a lot, instead of sort of sitting in one spot, that maybe it wouldn't happen? I usually always read a lot when I am on coke, so I kinda just sit here and read non stop. Do you think maybe getting up and stretching from time to time may help? Like it seriously hurts so bad, sometimes I won't even do coke , just knowing whats coming.

I have the same reaction to amphetamines. I am guessing due to its effect on norepinephrine that it is similar to the fight-or-flight response where you it makes you keyed up, makes you unconsciously tense your muscle and if you don't use them, they are eventually going to get sore.

and im the same with methamphetamine, especially if im sitting down in one spot for an extended period. ive consciously got to relax myself sometimes because im so bound up and feeling on edge. its nice to have a small dose of a benzo on hand to help counteract it.

Wait, so are you saying if maybe when I do it, if I move around a lot, instead of sort of sitting in one spot, that maybe it wouldn't happen? I usually always read a lot when I am on coke, so I kinda just sit here and read non stop. Do you think maybe getting up and stretching from time to time may help? Like it seriously hurts so bad, sometimes I won't even do coke , just knowing whats coming.

try and get up and go for a quick walk and stretch out every 30-45mins or so; whenever you start to feel youve been sitting down for a little too long. make sure youre comfortable where youre reading as well.

I USED to have the same problem. I used to do blow everyday (now only like 4 times a week). My back started hurting so much that I started to consciously look for a cause while I was on. What I started to realize was that while I was on I'd catch myself sitting in f*cked up positions that would have hurt if I was sober, but because I was on I didn't feel anything. Pain is an important feedback-loop that lets you know when you are doing something f*cked up. In the absence of pain you can really do some f*cked up things to yourself without realizing it. Anyway since then I make sure when I'm partying that I'm sitting with proper posture (not hunched over etc. etc.) and the back pain went away. You just need to be conscious of it, I guess.

I was really surprised to see this thread. My close friend did some lady the other night and the next day called me crying saying he could not get out of bed because his back hurt. He never has chronic pain, but i thought it had something to do with his oxy usage, which is very intense. I thought for a second it couldve been the coke but quickly dismissed the thought. Now i guess that was the reason and im glad i saw this because we were going to get some again tonight but im gonna try my best to make sure he lays off it. But if he does and he gets the back pain again i will make sure to let you guys know first thing tomorrow.

I don't think it has to do with posture, because whenever I smoke crack, within 10 minutes my upper back will start hurting, and it'll stay that way the whole night. The only thing I can do is either take some opiates, or find a comfortable position, a "sweet spot" so to speak, where that part of my upper back doesn't hurt. It's annoying, and I haven't a clue why it happens.

I've noticed a bunch of times when I do coke, after a while I'll see myself staying in one position without really moving for a while till I notice the pain.

First of all I am obviously not a doctor but I have some thoughts on this from working in hospitals and knowing many medical professionals. You lower back more than likely hurts from the constriction of vessels and muscles along with posture. If your upper back is hurting it is more than likely not your back you are feeling but instead your lungs. Coke use can cause pleurisy. This is basically fluid build up around your lungs and chest cavity. For example is your feel tightness in your chest or upper back when you take a deep breath or if it feels like you have pain in your heart when taking a deep breath or moving a certain way. It should go away on its own after a few days of not using. Mine will take about 36 hours to go away but I only get it when I binge. And binge for me is a ball in 12 hours. Then I won’t use for a week or two.

First of all I am obviously not a doctor but I have some thoughts on this from working in hospitals and knowing many medical professionals. You lower back more than likely hurts from the constriction of vessels and muscles along with posture. If your upper back is hurting it is more than likely not your back you are feeling but instead your lungs. Coke use can cause pleurisy. This is basically fluid build up around your lungs and chest cavity. For example is your feel tightness in your chest or upper back when you take a deep breath or if it feels like you have pain in your heart when taking a deep breath or moving a certain way. It should go away on its own after a few days of not using. Mine will take about 36 hours to go away but I only get it when I binge. And binge for me is a ball in 12 hours. Then I won’t use for a week or two.
But it is up to you to decide how serious it is. Pain and tightness in you chest is a worrisome feeling and should NEVER be taken lightly.