• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine and codeine?

wheaters

Bluelighter
So! I drank quite heavy saturday gone (72+ hours ago) and had a small line and another half line that night of cocaine (most likely stepped on speed).

It is now wednesday and im curious if ingesting 90mg codeine phosphate in the form of 6x15mg pills will be safe or will it mix with the remaining coke in my system and potentially cause side effects?

Thanks for all the responses as usual <3

The cocaine should be effectively long gone from your system by this point - assuming it was only cocaine - since cocaine has a short half life of around 1-2h. If it was cut with amphetamine, even that should be mostly gone by now, despite its longer half life (~6h, IIRC).

In any case I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've not heard of low to medium doses of codeine being dangerous when taken alongside small amounts of cocaine or speed.

Last edited:
I really doubt he needs to worry about a coke comedown 3-4 days after dosing. ;-)
Even a bad amphetamine comedown would have mostly dissipated by this point.

On a different note, Ive actually not read much at all online regarding the use & effectiveness of (relatively) weak opioids such as codeine/tianeptine/kratom for stimulant crashes/comedowns. My go-to tablets for getting myself to sleep during stim comedowns (or aborting their effects midway through) have always been benzos/z-drugs, then promethazine if those wont do the job, and finally Seroquel/quetiapine in particularly bad cases (Ive never had that fail, so Ive not had any need to consider anything stronger).
How does codeine compare to those? Does it have any advantages over benzos or promethazine (being OTC doesnt count)?