• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine after heavy amphetamine binge

DiscoApe

Greenlighter
Is there logic in cocaine not working very well a day or so after a considerable amount of amphetamine was consumed? i.e. dopamine levels not back yet?

Yes, your body needs rest to regenerate. Stop taking uppers for a few days, eat a big meal, drink enough and go get some sleep.

The healthier you are the higher you get in my experience. So abstinence is a crucial part of this. As Kleiner has stated, allow the body to regenerate. Even when I was a full time IV junkie, I always did my dumbell/Barbell curls, pushups and pull-ups. It was mostly to keep those veins full big and healthy.......and easy to hit.

Well, I had no willpower and get drunk and did a load of coke. Didn't enjoy it and I do think it didn't work properly. It been over a day since the amphetamine binge, and I'd had good sleep and plenty of food, but I guess dopamine levels take a lot longer to recover.

Probably didn't do my poor recovering dopamine receptors much good... :(

Both amphetamines, and cocaine work by the release of dopamine into the brain. Cocaine can be potentiate by the use of alcohol to prolong it's effects but usually don't increase its potency. Excessive use of stimulants can also lead to cardiomyapathy. I would recommend taking a break from all substances for 1 to 3 months to allow your dopamine levels to return to normal levels. You run the risk of dependancy if you continue using or start using larger amounts of whichever substance you're currently using.