• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cocaine + adderall (daily prescription)?

pug

Greenlighter
Hello. For someone taking 20mg adderall xr for adhd daily, as well as effexor xr daily, is it recommended to skip taking these meds on the day of using cocaine?

For example, if you were planning to do cocaine on Saturday night, would you skip taking your adderall on Saturday morning? Or would you also skip Friday morning? Is it safe to take adderall again then on Sunday morning?

It’s harder to skip the Effexor, as the withdrawal side effects are a bitch, but skipping a day of adderall is easier. Plus haven’t had an issue doing coke on Effexor and done it many times over the years.

I think I may have found the answer to my own question.

For anyone else needing this info, I used the drug half life calculator on omnicalculator, input adderall xr’s half-life of 10 hours, along with the dosage of 20 mg, with results as following (rounded percentages to whole numbers.)

After 10 hours of taking last dose of adderall, 50% will be eliminated, 50% concentration left in your system.

After:
20 hours, 25% concentration
30 hours, 12%
40 hours, 6%
50 hours, 3%
60 hours, 1%

So, after about 2 and a half days, the adderall would be out of your system.

This means, if someone wanted to do cocaine on Saturday night without the added stress of adderall on their system, they should skip taking their medication on Friday morning and Saturday morning.

If they last took their medication at 7 am Thursday morning, they would only have 1% concentration left by 7 pm Saturday night.

If they only skip Saturday morning, they’d have 9% concentration by 6 pm Saturday night, and 6% by 11pm.

I hope this can help someone in their efforts for harm reduction!

It should be fine honestly, ive done coke and Adderall while on Effexor XR and it was fine with me. Now the Adderall might have some synergy with the coke but that's about it