• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos CNS DRESSANTS

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
So ok I know that you should never mix opiates with benzos in any largeish amounts for risk of stopping breathing due to CNS depression. So I have a question that's just come to mind cus I really struggling to get to sleep. Now the question how is it you can take let's say 10mg Diazepam then 30mg mirtazapine an also 10mg olanzapine to to help mood an calm a over excited mind. I know the other two are not benzos or opiates but something completely different but are they too not able to cause a person to stop breathing? Bein as they cause sedation just as a benzo or opiate would! If anyone could answer this for me it would be much appreciated. Thanks

olanzapine is a pretty serious drug especially at 10 mg. And mitrazapine 30 mg is also at a theraputic level.

Now im not placing judgement ive been on these before. Heck, im on two mood stabilizers right now.

Do you have severe depression? Schizophrenia? Or bipolar disorder?

"...risk of stopping breathing due to CNS depression. So I have a question that's just come to mind cus I really struggling to get to sleep."

I dont think it is normal to have such issue falling asleep your worrying about stopping breathing from the sedatives youd need.

"to to help mood an calm a over excited mind."
Is it possible you have more than just a over excited mind. I.e. maybe your mind can get much more excited then a average person?

" I know the other two are not benzos or opiates but something completely different
but are they too not able to cause a person to stop breathing? Bein as they cause sedation just as a benzo or opiate "
Im not a doctor just someone who has taken this stuff so i dont feel comfortable saying if they can cause you to stop breathing. I honestly dont know.

They do not just cause sedation. I think this is really important.

If you where taking Olanzapine in a low dose say 2.5 to 5 mg after amph use to fall asleep id say ok.

But, the fact your taking 10 mg and mitrazapine 30 mg

Olanzapine acts as a antipsychotic. Im not saying your psychotic. But is totally different then benzos like valium and opiates. And mitrazapine is sedating but also a antidepressant.

Without getting into specifics basically yes all these drugs are sedatives but your brain has like many buttons and these all press completely different buttons.

Do you think or have you ever been diagnosed with maybe having bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or major depressive disorder?

Because, the reason you might be worrying about overdosing from stoping breathing is because you dont just need a sedative you need a sedative that pushes the right buttons to give you relief.

Thank you for your reply d1nach.. I suffer paranoid thoughts have mild depression an suffer social anxiety and do not sleep well unless I've taken some sedative. It's just made me wonder that if benzos an opiates taken closely together can cause overdose an make you stop breathing I was thinking could these also be risky mixing mid to high doses together ?

Im not trying to be a "buzz" kill (although all jokes aside this sounds like someone trying to address a mental health issue)

I am pretty sure yes that is extremely dangerous to mix multiple downers. I mean you can just look at all the famous people who died mixing downers to be able to sleep.

But even if it was safe I dont think this matters because benzos rapidly produce tolerence to there hypnotic effects. Since you said you need a sedative to sleep everyday. Both in my experience taking xanax everyday to sleep due to depression and anxiety which resulted in eventual dose escalation and lack of efficacy. And, large amounts of evidence benzos are not effective as a sleep aid use daily for the long term.

I really think you might benefit from the very short term sh*ty option (because the benzos work tonight) of trying to address your issues with a doctor with more long term medications like olanzapine and mitrazapine.

This of course makes me a huge hypocrite as this is the exact opposite of what i did. Instead taking xanax and eventually it not working taking more and more. Then mixing downers to try to sleep. But that eventually led to me becoming suicidal and overdosing and ending up in the icu. Soooo yeah wouldnt recommend.

Do you take these daily?

Do I take these daily? ,,,No I don't like the side effects...lack of energy no motivation. An weight gain. So I rather take either Xanax of the streets or tramadol also not prescribed.?

No worries i aint no snitch. That would be quite hypocritical.

Just you may want to consider in the future that maybe the xanax and tramadol has to be off the street may be because they are not long term solutions for paranoid thoughts depression and anxiety thats long term.

Good luck.

Hey there OP :)

You shouldn't have anything to worry about with this combination. Kudos to you for doing the right thing and being safe though. You are a role-model for us all! The only thing I might advise against is becoming dependent upon anything for relaxation, be it drugs, jacking off, whatever the fuck. It's just a drag when you become dependent upon things for falling asleep and then you are suddenly forced to forego them.