• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CNS depressant

markosheehan

Bluelighter
Which would be the most physically safe CNS depressantant.? I'm looking for some to help me sleep as I have insomnia as well as general relaxation of consciousness and body. I was looking at benzos but is there anything safer

What about benzos are you worried about?

Dependence?

I've suffered from insomnia since my early teens and outside of benzos, z drugs and some atypical antipsychs their isn't much help medicinally. Some people get relief out of DXM low dose which is in your robotussin and such.

Imo working with a doctor is the best thing to do about it, there just isn't much we can help you with I Think. We don't know anything about You and really everybody is different, reacts differently to medication, and have different reasons for their symptoms ie. Insomnia.

Mine is definitely anxiety related. Benzos work a wonder. Not sure what yours is about as you didn't say.. So I suggest just working with your doctor.

Nytol, which is diphenhydramine works really well. It's called Benadryl if you're from the US.

50mg is a normal dose for helping sleep.

yeah I have insomnia as well I only sleep around 4 hours a night unless I've got something in me to help. The problem I have with atypical antipsychotics like respirodone and thorazine (which I've denied treatment with) is that they give me a weird feeling in my chest like I've got a hole in my lung, like when you mix something with alcohol and your lying in bed and you keep making a choking sound, only the actually choking sound isn't present and I don't really feel like I have any respiratory depression, just a 'weird feeling'. Oh and antihistamines like dph and promethazine tend to last way to long (they all last around 18 hours) and I feel shitty the next day. Other than that my doc won't give me z drugs or benzo because of 'abuse potential', so I guess I've got the opposite problem to you.

If you're worried about a life threatening benzo addiction I don't blame you, but allthough z drugs are addictive they're nowhere near as addictive as benzos. You could try lunesta or ambien or zopiclone (I forget the american brand name, sorry). Ask your doctor but obv don't make it seem like your drug seeking or you'll get what I got - a handful of antihistamines and psych meds

There's also mirtazipine which is not addictive and works quite well, tolerance develops quickly though and it makes you gain weight and can make you hungry

If anyone wants american names

Ambien = zolpidem
Lunesta=eszopiclone single thpught tovbe active zppiclone
Zopiclone = mixed zopiclone
Sonata=zaleplon

This is really vague and will probably be closed imminently for that reason. Trade induction for deduction next time.