• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clozapine and Diazepam

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I have been on diazepam for the last 4 years. I'm now also on 500mg of Clozapine, taken nightly. Now, my diazepam tolerance has blown up; I need 120mg to actually feel it. Anyway, my question is this: is mixing the clozapine with the 120mg of diazepam safe, or would I be risk of respiratory depression, leading to death?

Thanks!

Anybody? Edit: If it's not safe to be used in conjunction, is it safe to consume if I do not take the clozapine for 1 night? That is, the dose of diazepam will be taken 20 hours after my last clozapine dose.

It'll increase the sedation and possiby other side effects and rxlist.com says that it could lead to heart and respiratory failure , but you have a tolerance, so start low with the diazepam, just to be safe

If you need 120mg of diazepam to feel it you should think about tapering

It'll increase the sedation and possiby other side effects and rxlist.com says that it could lead to heart and respiratory failure , but you have a tolerance, so start low with the diazepam, just to be safe

If you need 120mg of diazepam to feel it you should think about tapering
Thank you. I will avoid the clozapine tonight and take my 120mg diazepam dose. In addition, I've been on diazepam for FOUR YEARS now. However, I have not become addicted to them. I can go 2 weeks or so without any diazepam -- or any other benzo -- and feel fine. Isn't this a little odd? Or do withdrawals from diazepam begin after 2 weeks of one's last dose?

Thanks again!

Withdrawals can take a while, because you accumulated a lot, given the long half life, but 2 weeks seems too long. That's more than odd. With a dose as high as 120mg for 4 years it sounds like you're in risk of a seizure if you just stop taking it, so even if you feel like you're fine I'd say do a quick taper.

Just for clarification, Kleinerkiffer -- When I first started taking the drug, four years ago, all I needed was 10mg to feel it. Then a few month went by and I need 60 or so milligrams to feel it ... I've only been taking these large doses, exceeding 100mg that is, for the past 15 months or so. And it's only 2 or 3 times a month.