• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clozapine and Abilify, Heroin?

Generic84

Bluelighter
I am currently prescribed Abilify Maintena, and Clozaril. I read that mixing either of those with H, is like mixing with a benzo. Is that correct? Are antipsychotics safe with Heroin? Thanks in advance.

Hey Generic! If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're curious as to the sedative potential of combining these drugs? Furthermore, you're wondering if said sedation is that same kind of sedation that one might expect from using Benzodiazepines. The answer is not incredibly simple, but we will try! Clozapine (Clozaril) is an antipsychotic and one of the hallmarks of this class of drugs is sedation. This is not the same as what would be produced if you were using a Benzodiazepine instead of an antipsychotic and for that matter shouldn't be incredible dangerous either.

The Aripiprazole (Abilify) shouldn't have any kind of seriously significant interaction with the above stated substances. I'm sure you're aware, but the fact that you're using powerful narcotics in concert with your psych medications could seriously limit their efficacy and cloud your judgement in terms of what medication is or is not effective. If you found the right combination of medications, perhaps the Opiate usage will stop also?

I'm only saying this as a friend my man. Something to consider.

Hey, cool name. I have schizoaffective, but lately seem to be improving. Not sure if it's from the clozaril, or the illness is improving on it's own. since I was diagnosed (2009). I read it has a better prognosis than schizophrenia, worse than bp disorder. I tend to party for about 2 days a week, missing one or two doses of clozaril. I know better than to make H a habit. Maybe a few times a year. I have been using meth about twice a month, it does help negative symptoms, and my ADHD.

I still think the most destructive drug I do/have done is alcohol. Idk. I think a lot of drugs are unfairly demonized. I just don't know when the risk is worth it with schizoaffective. Lucy and molly actually have helped me with mi/ptsd. Weed sometimes helps. Benzedrex was dumb.

Anyhow, thanks.

Hey, cool name. I have schizoaffective, but lately seem to be improving. Not sure if it's from the clozaril, or the illness is improving on it's own. since I was diagnosed (2009). I read it has a better prognosis than schizophrenia, worse than bp disorder. I tend to party for about 2 days a week, missing one or two doses of clozaril. I know better than to make H a habit. Maybe a few times a year. I have been using meth about twice a month, it does help negative symptoms, and my ADHD.

I still think the most destructive drug I do/have done is alcohol. Idk. I think a lot of drugs are unfairly demonized. I just don't know when the risk is worth it with schizoaffective. Lucy and molly actually have helped me with mi/ptsd. Weed sometimes helps. Benzedrex was dumb.

Anyhow, thanks.

I have to comment, as you've touched on a really powerful and important issue that I believe is chronically overlooked. Alcohol is definitely a destructive force in society. The population in general is so far detached from the true reality of Alcohol misuse that it's criminal. I understand that Alcohol cannot be effectively illegalized, but that's not even what I want. I just want for those responsible for the health of our citizens to do a better job educating us as to the real danger presented by Alcohol use.

I live in downtown Burlington and I walk my dog through the area every day. Bums, empty beer cans, puddles of frozen vomit, people so drunk they can't walk, people so sick from alcohol withdrawal that they seize on the sidewalk right in front of me. They can't call 911 because they traded their free government cell phone to another bum for 5 bucks so they could get a bottle. It's honestly so depressing to see someone out in 0 degree weather trying to track down $1.00 just so they can stop the shakes.

I don't care what anyone says. These people would all be better off completely and fully dependent upon Heroin. It's just a fact. I've never seen anyone made into a mental retard from using Heroin. I've never known anyone to die from Heroin withdrawal. And, by the way, you can overdose on Alcohol. You'd be so, so surprised to know the fraction of the American public who believe OD'ing is something that doesn't happen when you drink Alcohol. Crazy.