• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Closed eye & open eye visuals on Methadone?

Pinging brah

Bluelighter
Ok so its been roughly 6 hours since i dosed. I had around 5 mls worth of liquid orally then another 7 45 minutes later, each ml being 1 mg im pretty sure, not realising how long it took to come up. It was the most overwhelming opiate experience ive had. First time on Methadone.

6 hours later laying in bed with eyes closed constantly seeing realistic visions of people, seeing things in the corner of my eye, directly in front of my door way couldn't identify it. Also my sliding door appeared to be off angle and wavy. My focus has gone to shit.

Im pretty sure Methadone doesn't do this, ive thrown up 3 times so far. Make that 4.. I just want to be at baseline now.
Anyone had an experience similar to this?

I see why this is used to treat addicts. I don't see much recreational value.

Seems like you took more methadone than anticipated. You don't sound too sure about the concentration of the methadone in solution either be careful it's a powerful opiod for those without tolerance it can be lethal. Don't know bout the hallucinating part but the puking sounds like too much methadone.

Methadone affects the NDMA (sp?) receptor that the dissociatives hit so if you had a minor tolerence to opiates in general that would do it. :) But no reasonable explination for hallucinations, did your eye sight go very blurry and you could barely see in front of you black in and out? thats normal it means u had too much, but methadone doesn't give hallucinations so if i were u i would assume i was allergic to methadone (its possible) can u be more specific on ur hallucinations?

I had hallucinations (very much antichloringenic sp? type) on moderate to high doses of demerol with small to medium tolerence. Once on oxycodone I felt like I had an out of body experience (similar to DXM or K but opiate) however for only 4-5 minutes, I was not asleep but I could see myself from above (not an overdose either).

On the other hand, when I had zero tolerence to benzos Lorazepam ALWAYS made me hallucinate in a psychedelic way but relaxed, VERY intense hallucinatons compared to the ones described with opiates.

Last edited:
Having experiemented with this again at a lower dose i think it was my imagination or the fact it was my first time on the nod. Ive seen things while close to sleep but conscious before. But it kept repeating again and again and even though i was nodding i couldn't sleep because of it. Probably a good idea i didn't sleep from what ive read on it.
Muie interesting response but i doubt methadone affects the NDMA receptors. Although DXM which is actually classed as an opiate does.

Methadone does infact act on the NMDA receptors, its one of the reasons why its a very good pain killer. Especially for neuropathic pain.

when i was in treatment the first 2 weeks wee awesome, man if i thought of it i felt it, i woud think of rain n i would feel it on my arms,, i would stand up lean back a little and just breathe n it was the best feeling, im stuck on 100mg a day now so dont try this at home.ok...