• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine

Opana313

Bluelighter
I have read much about this BP med. I recently got my hands on some .1mg and just a simple question really...is this only safe to take if you are in withdrawal? I understand it's not recreational at all but sometimes I take baclofen just to feel a sense of calm...Also probably a bad idea to mix with opioids/benzos I imagine?

Also, when in opiate/opioid withdrawal, does this only help with sleep/restless legs? I got mixed results here with some stating it feels like Valium if one did not know it was a Clonidine? I want to know what symptoms it really targets? Like does is help get rid of sweaty clammy hands/skin or chills, gut issues, cravings and all the other bs? Or is it best just to calm you the fuck down? I don't want to take one during the day and crash out in my car on a 15min break at work or something of that sort..

Last edited:
It's totally safe

I take 0.3mg clonidine daily for anxiety/sleep and I recently combined with alcohol--no issues

The only time it might not be safe is if you are already experiencing symptoms of low BP (dizziness, blurred vision, syncope, etc)

Nice so it does help with anxiety...sort of like when the Dr prescribed hydroxizine for anxiety? It's obviously an anti-histamine/sleep med. I guess my next question is how close does it mimic the feeling of a benzo? Just the sedating and/or blackout qualities?

It's quite different than a benzo as it just works to reduce norepinephrine

There isn't any blackout qualities and if you're relying on just clonidine for sedation you might be disappointed

I'm supposed to take 0.1mg in the morning and 0.2mg at bedtime but lately I've been taking the full 0.3mg at bedtime with 2.5mg Lorazepam and 15mg Zopiclone along with some other stuff like loxapine and Lemborexant

Interesting..I actually am very pleased to hear that it doesn't just knock you the heck out.

In fact I believe epinephrine is one of the reasons why WD sucks so bad so I see how this could help.

Sounds like I am just going to have to experiment myself.

I am still on a stupid long sub taper that I created myself(I don't get prescribed anything)
And I have crazy strategy to try and get off all this stuff, and lately I've been flirting with other mods that are non-addictive/ non-narcotic to find a new friend so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, even when I am clean from subs and all I am sure I will still try to keep a stash of oxy or vicodin around but just want to get off the addiction cycle and master some sort of balance.

Tis' be why I am stocking up on clonidine, gabapenton, Lyrica, plethora of benzos, kratom and weed. Plus much more(pseudo and immodiun for example)

First things first I need to get this 1mg sub down to half and see how much torture I may experience, then maybe a weak full agonist before switching over to comfort meds.

Clonidine sounds like it's right up my alley too. Anything that can give a sense of chill (like baclofen or trazadone) I am totally all the way down to go for!!

Last edited:
Clonidine lowers your blood pressure. It was mainly used as a blood pressure medicine previously. Its mostly for calming down. Its a life saver for restless leg. It also boosts the painkiller qualities of CBD and herb in general. The main thing to keep in mind is the blood pressure stay away from things that lower blood pressure during the ... uh... ingestion or whatever.