• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Clonidine +/or Quinine tablets potentiation guidance, + codeine potentiation theory

Drink_Tea_Love_Cat

Bluelighter
I think this should probably go in neuroscience but I'm not sure as it's also about harm reduction (please mods help me here) - But I'm tired of reading opinions or theories stated as fact when it comes to potentiating opiates, but I would really appreciate a little bit of an objective analysis of exactly how strong an effect Clonidine and/or Quinine tablets will have on an opiate, and also clarification of the debate over codeine potentiation.

the opiates in question are Opium/morphine, DHC, codeine, and kratom. I intend to experiment with these following products for potentiation and also tolerance reduction during a taper. Essentially using less or the same amount and getting the same or higher buzz so I can reduce dosages without crying like a baby. It's also for science.

I have just acquired:

Arkamin (Clonidine) - 100mcg (30 Tablets) X 1
Quinin (Quinine Sulphate) - 300mg (10 Tablets) X 2

I also have DLPA, Agmatine Sulphate, Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Rhodiola, Benzos, loperamide and magnesium and calcium. I'm more experienced with these, but I want to paint the full picture that these may be used in conjunction at some point or another.

So I have read people using Quinine from tonic water to potentiate their high. But from my understanding a full bottle of tonic is only about 80mg Quinine, and also administration would be slower than a tablet. How much impact would a quinine tablet have on an opiate? should I be extra cautious and half my dosage, or even more cautious? I know there is a debate about codeine and or DHC, and I will come back to that. Let's talk about morphine and Kratom primarily.

I also have read about Clonidine helping with WDS. I haven't read so much about it being used to potentiate but I have heard it cited. I would be interested to try it, alone first, and then to potentiate, and then later with detoxing. Again, how cautious should I be exactly? half dosage? more? less? I don't want to be super paranoid I just want to be realistic. Any harm done will be my responsibility alone, so please just be frank and discuss this from the point of view of a drug addict, not from the point of view of a straight edge mother figure wagging her finger.

Then what about co-administration?

SCIENCE BIT

Lastly, this codeine debate, maybe DHC, I haven't got the grips with DHC metabolism yet tbh. Perhaps I need a new thread about this. But if things like quinine, grapefruit and more inhibit the enzyme needed to convert codeine to morphine, shouldn't that be a good thing? I mean, if there is less enzyme then the rate of conversion is slower so it has the potential to be more efficient. e.g. the high might be more sustained and longer? There is so many conflicting opinions about this I don't know who to believe. Further to my theory, if it inhibits that enzyme, those enzymes are also needed to metabolise morphine out of the system - so once we have morphine in our blood, again, it should sustain the high and potentiate it because the morphine is more slowly metabolised. Obviously it depends on your definition of "potentiation" - whether that means "efficient" or "rush" or "sustained" or what. To further the analogy or description, I will quote wiki:

"Taken orally, 20 mg of immediate release oxycodone is equivalent to 30 mg of morphine.[57][58] Extended release oxycodone is considered to be twice as potent as oral morphine.[59]"

So if we are inhibiting enzymes that metabolise the drug, shouldn't that make it more of a sustained release, therefore more efficient, therefore more potent overall? (even if it's not quite a "rush" as some would prefer)

If you inhibit CYP2D6, the codeine will still be undergoing metabolism via other methods that produce less desirable metabolites.

You will be wasting codeine.

any more advice on how potent exactly using clonidine and/or quinine qill be when potentiating? with mophine?

and with codeine?

RE codeine, I'm curious as to the question whether administration of these enzyme inhibitors will be useful say 30mins after codeine administration. So you get the morphine, then you slow that metabolism once it's in your bloodstream.

I also read in 2 places that promethazine will double the amount of morphine you get from codeine. Why is that? Or are they wrong and quoting each other?

examine DL PA
phenibut
loperamide
Cyp4 inhibitors, such as grapefruit
weed
benzos
promethazine and all of the above depend on yr body metabolism.
some ppl swear by them. others say they do nothing. obviously, the ppl who feel it - it works for them. users, as a rule know if the drug isnt real. we're used to spending money and feeling it. thats the point. respond if further info req.

hahaha. i didnt scroll down - u included all tose. it's okay. im trying to evoleve so as many posts as possible

i take the quine the night before. i take lope in the morning. ill have benzos ten mins before... then the opiate... then weed, weed, weed. then some Soma.
repeat

It feels very strange taking 300mg quinine 30 mins before 7.5g kratom.

It feels like one of the alkaloids is missing, but most of the best ones are still here. I feel very relaxed and warm, and with a more pronounced body buzz. It's not strong though, but I only took 7.5g kratom. Maybe one more teaspoon will change things.

I am exhausted and I did take opium yesterday, and many other variables are getting in the way of an objective assessment. I can say that quinine does feel pretty good though, the high feels more relaxed than normal.

yeah not sure on quinine for Kratom.

Today have used 2.5g of kratom plus 300mg nice strong opium (60-90 or even 120mg morphine I'm guess, still don't know how to judge this opium correctly due to all the alkaloids), some kratom earlier on in the day, and then just now. Exhausted from many late nights working, so this affects objectivity a lot.

I ate a grapefruit whole with all the white bits, I ate a ranitidine (both of these 2.5 hours before ingestion). Then 1 hour before ingestion I ate 25mg phenergan, some turmeric/bioperine, 200mg magnesium. Then I coadminstered the opium on top of a teaspoon of coconut oil and a fatty dip with lettuce (taramasalata), then half a "tum" and half teaspoon of baking soda and a couple caps of chitosan opened into powder form.

It's hit me quite nicely overall. I must say I'm kind of sad it hasn't knocked me out completely, I have natrexone on the standby just in case.

600mg of this opium is the highest dose I would do in one, and may make me feel nauseous. This feels more like 400-450mg I think. Due to the exhaustion I can't quite tell. May try more potentation next time with diphendyra, maybe just one lope cap for the thrill of it, maybe quinine too. But I probably still have quinine in me now from yesterday so decided it was too dangerous to try mix EVERYTHING.

Can anyone tell me if it would be bad to put clonidine in the mix now? I've been very stressed and tired, and I am quite high now. But I'm not ready to nod. Clonidine might add to make a nod off to sleep? Or just KO me and make things risky?