• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Clonidine for comedown?

arksenu

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if 0.1mg of clonidine is safe to use as a sleeping aid for adderall comedowns?

It has some benefits for coming down off methamphetamine, as it relieves blood pressure, so by logical deduction your answer is yes. How much all depends on how much amp you got in ya.

as with most blood pressure medications, there can be some serious issues of allergy and renal function clearing and such. that's why the only thing they'll give you without doing a blood panel is norvasc. Clonidine is especially strong, and has anti-anxiety attributes to it as well, so it will probably help somewhat.

from personal experience though, the only thing that really helps from a amp binge, is time. I've nearly died from a benzo overdose attempting to come down off of a sick one. please don't take 20 of these things thinking because two didn't work that they're not affecting your body. Be safe.

I agree. As shitty as it may sound time is the best remedy. You can fight fire with Fire if you desire. But anything you ingest will have ramifications, positive or negative. And I don't know enough about clonidine to be comfortable in soliciting sfbice. Especially when it fucks with blood pressure. Lemme know what you decided and how it worked.

for example: people that take benzos for a comedown are flirting with adding another addiction/issue on top of whatever addiction is causing them to use them for a comedown. Why risk adding another struggle? Extra load on your dopamine as well.

Well I was only planning on taking 0.1mg. And though it make not help me fall asleep, I would assume that it could help a little with say anxiety?

I find alpha 2 agonists like clonidine effective for relieving the hypertensive effects of too much amphetamine however, while relieving alot of the distressing side effects unable to sedate me to the point of sleep

I find alpha 2 agonists like clonidine effective for relieving the hypertensive effects of too much amphetamine however, while relieving alot of the distressing side effects unable to sedate me to the point of sleep

This.

I regularly take xanax just prior to the come up from addys (i get prescribed both, and take neither regularly) generally about 60-70 minutes after i take my addy dosage, i'll pop a half a bar, helps with the nastiness of l-dextroamp without being sedating, my typical dosage for xanax is 4-6 mg if i'm having a panic attack, 15 years on and off of benzos has made my tolerance insane, so if i really feel the need to end a AMP night, i'll take roughly that dosage... thank god i've never found them recreational since i actually need the for my occasional panic disorder flare, i can keep from daily dosage, hell unless i'm just bored its rare i take one more than once a month. but for a addy comedown, i'm not really sure what a naive person would take, maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

I dont take anything imo I would save your tolerence for when you need it like if your heart is racing or your having paranoia or delusions. I have started exercising daily before it kicks in which has definitely helped with the racing heart, low endurance, weakness, and stuff. I noticed I was getting out of breath just doing normal manual stuff. Going to the gym walking and light weights really helped that. Plus some gentle lifting more like stretching if anything im talking like 5 to ten pounds just practicing the weightlifting movements and stretching and feeling the muscles before bed if I cant sleep because I feel like im tensing up the muscles and cant relax.

Clonidine has very limited psychoactive effects, but as a sleep-aid (in the non-addictive category) it can't be beat in my opinion. If I take 0.2mg, I'm generally out like a like with one hour. If I'm sick, I'll take 0.4mg and it will generally allow me to get my necessary 6 hours of sleep. I've used Clonidine for both stimulant comedowns and to take the edge off of the stimulant high as well. Clonidine lowers blood pressure, which can contribute to less discomfort and "tweakiness" during the experience.

I don't see anything wrong with using Clonidine for this purpose. I wouldn't go higher than 0.3mg if you don't have a tolerance of any kind, but it's most likely not going to hurt you if you need to take more. The main danger usually stated with Clonidine is hypotenstion. So, be careful when you stand up, as I've fallen down previously when under the influence of Clonidine.

Ive fallen from hypotensives before if you fall dont be like me and try to save face and jump up befor anyone noticed I just fell back on my face. Now I get up partially pause get up a little more pause then stand up and sit down if I still feel dizzy. And I try to do light weightlifting with like 5 pounds or like slow walking which seems to help me with mild hypotension

I was prescribed clonidine when I came off of the opiate pain pills I had been using for years. I had a huge habit and was told the come down would produce anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. And it did! But the clonidine was a life saver! I'd love to be able to get some to have for amp come downs.

When I have taken it in a larger dose, I get a weak in the knees feeling, and have almost fallen too. I'd start with the one pill, maybe two.
I'm one of those people who can not take Benadryl - it seems to "re-amp" me, and I don't take amps frequently enough to where I think taking benzos would lead to becoming dependent on the benzos, but they are hard to get a script for most of the time. I wish I still had a script for clonidine!

It's been years since I'm off the pain pills, so no more clonidine, but I do think it will help. Please be careful and don't over do it. Stay safe!

I wouldnt take benadryl for anxiety either I take it with Adderall to make the come up feel more intense.

I find Benadryl, or really preferably sleepinal capsules (diphenhydramine HCL powder, in 25 and 50mg capsules) to be a decent opioid/bupe potentiator... for sure! But I do not like that shit when taking amp.. I have like 5 scripts of clonidine just sitting in my drawer at home.. have never really thought of it as something to help comedowns or anything, just figured it was some weak med to help make my klonopin a bit more effective, which are already very effective and my doctor did mention it helped with sleep, but she was also giving me the clonidine in hopes I would go down on my klonopin daily dosage.. I didn't know it worked as a good sleep aid or helped out with stimulant comedowns like that, I thought it would just be something super subtle, typical non-narcotic, worthless drug honestly, I don't know why, just did... so I never bothered filling them..

But, now that I have read this, I am going to go fill one of my scripts and see how it goes, wont over do it with them of course.. but I have wicked bad insomnia and just general sleeping issues and even with klonopin(3-4mg sometimes 5mg a day), and sleepinal or sometimes melatonin along with my normal 8mg of bupe a day (2mg of 'tex IV 4x a day), and most of the time some good herb too... I am still waking up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep, unless I pop an extra kpin... it sucks.. especially when I have to wake up early for work the next day, and get like 3 hours of sleep.. very glad I read this thread, it was very informative.. for some reason I always thought clonidine was going to be useless.. but apparently I was wrong! Shit.. I am still learning about drugs, and have done just about everything under the sun.. but not clonidine yet. Will try them, and see what happens!

I used that much clonidine Every single night on Adderall comedowns and Got great non- drowsy sleep and I was able to get daily euphoria from my Adderall for those three months.

I do not know if it's safe if you are coming down from Huge amounts however. Supposedly it's less safe than benzos.

Happy new year btw. Listen, you need to be honest about your binge. If your binge requires you to take 3 days off, don't try to squeeze it in 1 day because you won't sleep and like others say in this topic, only time will get you off 60mg of Adderall. When I take 60mg in one day, I plan at least for 3 or 4 days to be off, I mean fully dedicated to the binge, meaning, NOTHING in my schedule, not even a UPS delivery. So I redose the first 2.5 days, 0.5 is transient and the last day is the full comedown.

I can surely relate when you have a free day in your schedule and you want to use it to reach your favorite amphetamine plateau...but don't lie to yourself dude...you know 1 day is not enough to come down once you go that high. Cmon, you can do better than this. Life sucks, I admit it. You have to go to work, you have to earn money. Get mad about it, whatever, but don't overshoot a free day into a free day + 2 sick days. Won't work forever, you'll be fired.

I am a bit lost 60 mg is on the high end but it's still a dose doctors prescribe I take 55 mg everyday for narcolepsy and I don't crash maybe it's different in people without narcolepsy?

I am a bit lost 60 mg is on the high end but it's still a dose doctors prescribe I take 55 mg everyday for narcolepsy and I don't crash maybe it's different in people without narcolepsy?

Ya, most people in this topic know what's up. What you may not know is that 0.1mg if Clonidine is a high dose, you need to afford a huge drop in blood pressure to take that, and he's saying he's using that just to get to sleep. So for HIM, 60mg is a big dose of Adderall because, look what he needs to even sleep! I suspect his therapeutic dose is 30mg. We're professionals haha, good question though :)