• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazolam Withdrawal and General Benzo Withdrawal Question

OP- Any update on the tapering? Did you end up seeing a doctor or getting something to help out?

Today I finally got the Diclazepam I had ordered a few weeks ago. Reports suggest it's around 10x as potent as Diazepam. I plan on using that to finish my taper using the last few weeks of the Ashton manual's schedule. It's looking like I might be in the clear here. I tossed all of my Clonazolam after taking the Diclazepam to see if it would quelm my withdrawals.

I saw my gp (UK) about diclazepam withdrawal, because I can't get it in the UK any more, but they wouldn't help me taper with some valium.
I had an anxiety for years and the docs would never help me out, then diclaz solved all my problems, then puff, gone again, and the docs are still refusing to help, apart from some support team who offer yoga and swimming classes :\

i know its been said ad nauseum but dude any kind of seizure is a sign that you need to get your ass to ER right away!
and there are outpatient tapers, but that's for later get yourself to hospital

I saw my gp (UK) about diclazepam withdrawal, because I can't get it in the UK any more, but they wouldn't help me taper with some valium.

you could go private/rehab/detox?

This jolt before you sleep is exactly what I'm feeling when I tried to describe what I thought were seizures. I'm at the point where it doesn't happen unless I try to sleep. In general, how long does it take for withdrawal symptoms to stop getting worse? I know it takes a while for it to get better but it's been 24 hours since my last dose and I feel like I'm doing fine, minor tremors here and there and still some irritability. I plan on sleeping soon so I'm not sure if I want to take another dose or not.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-seizures/myoclonic-seizures

i know its been said ad nauseum but dude any kind of seizure is a sign that you need to get your ass to ER right away!
and there are outpatient tapers, but that's for later get yourself to hospital

you could go private/rehab/detox?

Well, the recommendation not to prescribe with anything came from the local rehab, because they were unfamiliar with diclazepam and weren't willing to take chances on dose because I told them that 2mg of diclaz was rumoured to be 10mg val. They just shook their heads and advised my gp to stay away from the whole thing. So, I was left to walk out there and go through sudden withdrawal and no taper. Good old nHS :)

Just an update I have a full 11-Stage schedule for my Diclazepam taper set up. I used the Ashton manual for guidance. I'll be starting at 1mg of diclaz in the am and 1mg in the pm for a total of 2mg or 20 mg of Valium. Each stage I will be tapering off .25 mg which is equivelant to 2.5 mg of Valium (Ashton manual suggests 1mg taper per stage but this is for much more long term users so I expedited the schedule a little bit but I plan on adjusting it in case I find myself tapering too fast). I feel fantastic right now. No health issues to speak of, appetites back and irritability is gone. No shakes or tremors since I got the order of Clonazolam (that I subsequently tossed in the garbage when I got my Diclazepam) but this shouldn't be a surprise seeing as all the crap I was feel was withdrawal.
I feel much more at peace now that I have my taper schedule written out on a tangible piece of paper. I really don't think this will be that difficult but I'll find out over the course of the next 11-15 weeks. Wish me luck guys.

Just giving an update guys. The taper is going smoothly. I'm down to one single .75 mg dose of Diclazepam a day. I see myself kicking this addiction by the end of October. Things have been really positive for me lately so this hasn't been all that rough.

Hello all. I thought I'd let everyone know I am 15 days into fully withdrawing from all benzos. I ended my taper with taking 0.1 mg of diclazempam every 24 hours and everything has been going incredibly smooth. All side effects of withdrawal are gone barring some residual anxiety but that's nothing a little herb can't help. I don't have any urge to touch the stuff again. I feel confident. I have never been trapped with a substance like this. It was honestly terrifying. I'm just glad to know it's over.

Hello all. I thought I'd let everyone know I am 15 days into fully withdrawing from all benzos. I ended my taper with taking 0.1 mg of diclazempam every 24 hours and everything has been going incredibly smooth. All side effects of withdrawal are gone barring some residual anxiety but that's nothing a little herb can't help. I don't have any urge to touch the stuff again. I feel confident. I have never been trapped with a substance like this. It was honestly terrifying. I'm just glad to know it's over.
That's great to hear, but did you have a setback? You mentioned being benzo free by Last October & you just got clean completely 8 months later?

The whole experience was much more difficult than I had imagined. It took so long for me to taper off that I was sort of losing hope. I kept myself on a strict schedule. I kept my dosing regular. I hovered at several places, mostly in between 1mg and .5 mg where it was the worst and I didn't really have the courage to take the next step towards another smaller dose. I was extremely naive in my estimation in how long this would take. I thought it was just a physical addiction but I hadn't realized how strongly it had a grip on my head. I'm incredibly thankful for the information out there for benzo wihtdrawal. It honestly saved my life.

Feels good ya? It's great to be free. I've kicked everything... benzos are the only one I sought help for. Just could not do it alone, felt so trapped with no hope.
It's funny ya?? Coming off you don't feel that mental relapse and crave the drug.. Benzos are a different animal.
I am 5 months clean now. The rebound anxiety you experience... for me, it got worse before it got better. Just remind yourself, it's temporary and you are not stuck that way. Your brain just wants to go back to normal, and the nervous system is like a spring... bouncing back. Kind of overcompensates.

I am so curious about your "mini-seizures".. I luckily avoided them, much thanks to clonodine.

The more research I do the more I become convinced that they weren't seizures. I don't know how else to describe it other than a brain zap. It was usually accompanied with a a single tremor in my legs. It hasn't happened in months. The diclazepams long half life helped my side effects between doses not get to severe.
Barada, how long were you on benzos and what did you use to taper off? I'm on day 23 and it seems that I'm getting some minor physical withdrawal symptoms. They started appearing a few days ago. I have read several places that some withdrawal symptoms can take weeks to present themselves.
Since this whole experience took place I've gotten good at identifying the source of my moods and I've gotten better and managing dealing with the mood swings that accompany withdrawal. That is probably the one thing that kept me from touching the stuff beyond what was required to taper. It was extremely important to me to find the cause of my feelings and behaviors.

Was on Xanax close to 4 years, I used Klonopin to taper over 6 weeks. Acute withdrawals lasted 2 months.
I went 5 days cold turkey on the Xanax.. fortunately avoided a seizure, however I did experience these jolt-like sensations.. "brain zap" would be a good description. I figured it was the nervous system in shock.

I've been on low dose Xanax (0.25 x 4 prn day) for 8 years, sometimes up to 1mg 3x daily during super stressful times. I have these "jerks" in my sleep all the time.

hi; i wudn't get to concerned if i were u considering the amount & duration of yor usage of the awesome clonozolam. i cud write u a book on wot i've been thru over the years regarding the withdrawals/elimination of the 'super-benzo's - triazolobnzpns. i'll write sum more later - but in the meantime u mite wanna go on2 wikipedia.org & type in 'benzo withdrawal syndrome' - you'll learn much. - the thing is thou they're describing the withdrawals from the typical 'official' benzo's & a budweiser bier more potent than them!! (& i mention bud-as one drink 20 pints & still be perfectly sober!. (not a bad thing!) ...
i'll write more & u'll realize you'll be going thru very mild withdrawals. nb; 4 the record i definitely wudn't inform a 'medical 'professional'. (it's shocking how little they actually 'know'. rgds.

yi-but folk don't take clono to get fu**ed up! - but administer due to its pretty good results in removing anxiety & as a great relaxant agent -nerve, muscular & more. even so; i've noticed with virtually every single agent produced by the pharmas/chemists ..... they ALL lack kick. to the point of being rather impotent. the stuff that makes 'em come 'alive' is bier. & believe me i know. as an example a 0.5mg tab of clonaz. on its own taken sublingual-after around 45 mins feels no differnt to havin a good bier. yet taken with a bier & 'then' u get its true efffects. magical. a 1mg with bier (i have 1mg a nite with 4 - 5% biers every nite) & have a wonderfull sleep with an increase in my already countless vivid dreams.... ps. been thru 'the horrors' (ie: benzo withdrawals) 17 times in past 2 yrs & yes they r 'horrific' - have had over 11 full blown siezures - but they're the easy part. each bout lasts 7 days/nites & EXTREME anxiety is just 1 of the countless symptoms. ... i stayed in bath during last 1 for 9 hrs - kept topping up with hot water . i have 50kg of epsom/magnesium salts to wich i add mug-fulls & take the supplement magnesium citrate to assist ... & have to keep sipping bier constantly to reduce the severity & intensity of the withdrawals/elimination.... zero sleep; for first 3 days/nites combined with exreme sweats & shivers... there's a whole lot more - u just have to go thru it. even a ticking clock drives one up the wall. ..there's tons more! - here's 1: - a knock upon one's door cud give u a heart attack!... like a mate of mine said 2 me:-u take the tabs -u pay the price dude!!.... nb; clonazolam withdrawals r childs play to the ultimate flubromozolam wthdrwals.!!

I don't have that big of a problem coming of a benzodiazepine habit, if i do a slow diazepam tapper (but not as slow as suggested by Ashton, that's a little overkill in my opinion, some addicts tapper as long as they have consumed). I have done multiple diazepam tappers over the last several years. On the other hand an abrupt cessation of benzodiazepine usage can be terrifying. Still for me it is way harder to deal with acute opiate withdrawals and long lasting PAWS.