• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

clonazolam vs xanax

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
hi to all you blue lighters... just wanted peeps opioions of clonazolam compared to 2mg xanax which would be stronger of the 2? i have a batch of both! ive taken 0.5 of a xanny barr an i feel realy calm. would the 0.5 clonazolam feel the same?

hi to all you blue lighters... just wanted peeps opioions of clonazolam compared to 2mg xanax which would be stronger of the 2? i have a batch of both! ive taken 0.5 of a xanny barr an i feel realy calm. would the 0.5 clonazolam feel the same?
if .5mg makes you feel calm then stick to that 1mg and above of either one can lead to a black out
not fun to wake up not knowing what you did

Strength doesn't determine effectiveness for an individual. For example 10mg of valium is equivalent to .5 mg of xanax both may be equally effective at that dose, yet mg for mg xanax is 20 times stronger. Klonopin and xanax are of equal strength .5 mg of klonopin = .5 mg of xanax. Now xanax has a half life of only 6-12 hours with a much faster onset in regards to effects, but for chronic anxiety, klonolpin would most likely be a better option as it has a half life of 18-50 hours with a slower onset of effectiveness. So really it depends of why you're talking them, what type of anxiety you suffer from and the severity of those attacks, which should be discussed with your doctor.
Personally I would avoid either if at all possible and never quit taking cold turkey as I did it was the worst thing I have ever been through.

I've taken both and would basically say it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I personally found xanax to make me a little too drowsy to be useful but this is the sort of thing you are just going to have to try out yourself and find out which one works better for you. The proof is in the pudding.

I would say xanax if you want fast, short term relief from anxiety or clonazepam if you want extended, somewhat more subtle effects.

This is a very subjective answer. What works for someone may not work for anouther. .5mg of clonazapam wouldn't feel as strong, Clonazapam has a subtle high unless you take a fuckload, as where xanax hits you harder.

Clonazapam is overall better for general anxiety, it lasts longer and redoing is at a minimum. Valium is also a good option, it's less potent but effective at VERY low doses.

Xanax is good for a full on panic attack as it calms you the fuck down very fast, but is much more addictive due to the need to redose and its short half life. In my opinion xanax is more recreational because of how hard it hits.

she did not say clonazapam, she said clonazolam. This is a the bastard son of xanax and klonopin. Basically, it is like xanax and strength and speed of onset, but it has a longer duration.

my analogy: say you are cold, xanax is like blowing a hairdryer on you. It wall heat you up quickly, but won't last as long. Klonopin is like wrapping up in a blanket. It takes longer to heat you up, but it isn't as intense.

she did not say clonazapam, she said clonazolam. This is a the bastard son of xanax and klonopin. Basically, it is like xanax and strength and speed of onset, but it has a longer duration.

my analogy: say you are cold, xanax is like blowing a hairdryer on you. It wall heat you up quickly, but won't last as long. Klonopin is like wrapping up in a blanket. It takes longer to heat you up, but it isn't as intense.
Clonazolam is x2 the potency of Xanax, so 0.5mg Clonazolam = 1mg Xanax. Clonazolam is good for quickly stopping severe panic attacks and for knocking you out, but is useless for general anxiety or insomnia, since it delivers way too much "punch" and side effects such as amnesia and strong sedation. Personally I would recommend Pyrazolam (Bromazolam) or Gidazepam for everyday management of moderate anxiety, and if you suffer from slightly more severe anxiety, then try Diclazepam or FlubromazePAM.

I know this is irrelevant, but do any of you guys know when Nitrazolam and Flunitrazolam will hit the RC scene?

I hope this helped,

SWIM

UPDATE... well i had a segment of xanny barr which is 0.5mg at about half 9 in the evening felt nice an relaxed so watch abit of telly then went to bed 11.30 ish an when i woke it was almost 1.30 pm i have never slept so long in all my life! omg that was somethin i wasnt expecting? now goodness knows what to expect from these 0.5 mg clonazolams! i need to function quite early to go to work

also forgot to mention if xanax have a short half life why did it afect me so much? i would of imagined it to have wore of me in the middle of the night an be awake at my normal time eg 8oclock in the morning?

I get the same effect from xanax, Ie. sleeping for a while. I quit using heroin and other opiates, and even nine months after I stopped I am still sleepless. I take .5mg of xanax and 30mg of temazepam to go to sleep at night. The xanax to help aid in falling asleep and the temazepam to keep me asleep. I still wake up at least three times a night, but that is much better than 1-3 hrs in which I constantly wake up full of anxiety.

I have a question for OP. Was it a long time since you have slept well? The same thing happened when I took 1mg of xanax for the first time after not sleeping well for three months (I had exhausted every natural means of sleep...excercising a lot during the day, melatonin, chamomile, valerian root etc.). I just slept like the dead, it was like my body was catching up on much needed rest. After that one day of crazy amazing sleep, I slowly worked my way into a proper dose, and dosing schedule that I get the best benefit from.

I have a question for OP. Was it a long time since you have slept well? The same thing happened when I took 1mg of xanax for the first time after not sleeping well for three months (I had exhausted every natural means of sleep...excercising a lot during the day, melatonin, chamomile, valerian root etc.). I just slept like the dead, it was like my body was catching up on much needed rest. After that one day of crazy amazing sleep, I slowly worked my way into a proper dose, and dosing schedule that I get the best benefit from.[/QUOTE]

not realy compared to how bad insomina can be i sleep preety well but im realy a light sleeper

i take my doses at eight pm. I have a habit of reading in bed...no powered screens like tv, or laptop. Those tend to keep you awake longer. Being in a steady routine raises the effectiveness of these meds.

When I don't take t he xanax at the same time as the temazepam I wake up late, or I wake up a lot at night...or I have really odd thoughts that keep me awake.

I found it to be more like 1mg. Clonazolam (not Pam) equalled about one 2 mg. Xanax. Less sedating I'd say, higher dose xanax and I'm gonna just be asleep. It was a way more euphoric substance than xanax to me though. I fucked my life up in short order with a big supply of clonazolam. I suggest not taking it at all. I was taking 5-6 mg. at a time in the end. I lost 3 job and several friendships in 2 months to clonazolam. I shouldn't fuck with any benzos ever again, however me being me I will. I will only take however clonazepam ever again, never these things were absolutely just ridiculous.

So to answer your original question, if you took a quarter of a 2 mg.xanax and got good effects, don't exceed that. The single 0.5 mg clonazolam is going to be basically like taking the whole xanax bar 2 mg. You are going to wake up completely wasted still also at your tolerance level, as the half-life is much much longer than xanax. That is one substance I'm as afraid of as crack, heroin, or alcohol is clonazolam.

I prefer clonazolam. Xanax makes me want to redose. Clonazolam is like xanax and kpin's lovechild. And the child takes steroids. Very strong stuff. I take .25 and it gives me a smoothe comfortable relaxation. Xanax makes me feel a little wierd. Kpins make me cranky for some reason. I think c-lam is more addictive and recreational though. If i take .5 c-lam i will clean out my fridge and forget everything. I haven't taken more than .5 but im sure i would completely black out. It really gives you a case of the fuc# its. I like the high better than both xanax and k-pins. Blows etiz out of the water. Its better for wasting time. Not really theraputic imo.

stick to the xanax as other mentioned.

0.5mg of clam would knock you out. it is like as you would take four 0.5mg xanax pills at once

As OP has stated this is not the case! Ive taken both clonazolam at 0.5mg and xanax at 0.5mg as there is very little difference if any.?

.5 Clonazolam will knock you out. Xanax and clonazapam will calm u down at that dose. Me anyway everyones different i guess. C-lam is kinda overkill. I like it personally but i can really see doing dumber shit on it than xanax or kpins. And i have dumb shit on xanax.