• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostntired

Bluelighter
I have been on 1 mg ×3 day for many years. I am a chronic pain patient with anxiety/panic disorder, as well as an addict. I had a horrible few nights for 4 or more without, or little sleep. I got desperate and took around 30 mgs tbroughout the night as well as about 15 ambien( mind you, over about 12 hours.) How long can they detect the elevated doses on urine or blood? Toletence is astronomical.

I did not snort the clonazepam, I usually take 4 to 10 mg at once, usually with ambien, 4-5 10mg hydrocodone and 30 - 40 mg of tizanadine. Sometimes it kocks me on my butt for about 3 hours, sometimes it don't phase me. I am a chronic pain patient as well as an addict
I 1st to be on fentanyl, morphine and dilaud a few years back. I came down to Norco by choice about a year or so again. Went through a very bad pain night after 4-6 days of little or no sleep. I have 2 bulging discs in lower back, 2 auto immune diseases, anxiety, RA, Panic disorder, bipolar2 and gastro pages is unrelated. I have reached my piont...
Drs don't listen with the opiate epidemic, Any suggeztions? Where do i go from here? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't do this on the regular, in fact this is the worst it's ever been

Don't snort clonazepam oral bioactivity is 100% and it works in 5-15min, if you chew it at most 5mins. No reason to snort any benzos, most arent even water soluble, so waste of benzos.

Last edited:
Donät snort clonazepam oral bioactivity is 100% and it works in 5-15min, if you chew it at most 5mins. No reason to snort any benzos, most arent even water soluble, so waste of benzos.
Its not 100% but it's pretty High up there. Also no way clonazepam kicks in 5 minutes. Its designed to take awhile to kick in with a long duration. Id say 30 minutes AT LEAST

i hate to break it to you but you just wasted SOO much clonazepam.

You've reached what most people call the ceiling effect. 2mg will be no more use to you then 30mg. theres lots of theories on this, for experienced benzo users after some time alot of the receptor mechanisms shut down so your CNS may only be able to actually effectively use a ceiling dose of say 2mg max. anything over is wasted. you need to let your brain recover its GABA function. in terms of testing im not sure if they can detect "elevated" levels if its a simple test. it might just show..benzo's. i think only in depth toxicology testing ( for example the type a coroner might due upon death) can detect exact levels

Its not 100% but it's pretty High up there. Also no way clonazepam kicks in 5 minutes. Its designed to take awhile to kick in with a long duration. Id say 30 minutes AT LEAST

Yeah its like depot, I can feel clonazepame 14 hours easily.

You've reached what most people call the ceiling effect. 2mg will be no more use to you then 30mg. theres lots of theories on this, for experienced benzo users after some time alot of the receptor mechanisms shut down so your CNS may only be able to actually effectively use a ceiling dose of say 2mg max. anything over is wasted. you need to let your brain recover its GABA function. in terms of testing im not sure if they can detect "elevated" levels if its a simple test. it might just show..benzo's. i think only in depth toxicology testing ( for example the type a coroner might due upon death) can detect exact levels

Not true, when I'm one 2 mg clonazepam and take another 2 mg I definitly feel it very strongly, and when I take anotehr 2 mg I'm get very relaxed, and yesterday I just tested taking another 0,5 mg and I lost memory. How do you explain this?
I'm using lyrica with clonazepam too. But even without pregabalin I still can feel 6mg ist much much stronger than 2 mg.

^^i was responding to lostntired's first post....30mg's of clonazepam is a different story. 2mg was an example.

if you take 2mg , then 2mg then i dont see a problem with wasting it. Im sure you would be very sedated indeed. but still - 4mg of clonazepam is excessive. you must have built up a huge tolerance.

effective dosage for clonazepam is a little as 0.125mg....ie. a person who has never used a benzo ever would feel some effect as such a low dosage.

^^i was responding to lostntired's first post....30mg's of clonazepam is a different story. 2mg was an example.

if you take 2mg , then 2mg then i dont see a problem with wasting it. Im sure you would be very sedated indeed. but still - 4mg of clonazepam is excessive. you must have built up a huge tolerance.

effective dosage for clonazepam is a little as 0.125mg....ie. a person who has never used a benzo ever would feel some effect as such a low dosage.

Well I dont know, somehow I have tolerance for clonazepam I can take 6mg and remmeber everything I did and dont feel fucked up, only, feel very good, but for others benzos like oxazepam 30mg gives me nice sedaded feeling, 100mg makes me feel very good. But now going to keep vey long tolernace break, how long it should take? I try never to take benzos daily over 2 weeks, thats when you might get WDs. Done this way for 15 years without problems.

For me oxazepam, etizolam mitazolam and clonazepam are the only benzos that give nice mood swifting mood. Alprazolam or temazepam dont give me any good feeling, actually they make me depressed. Etizolam is my favorite as I get euphoric from it.

Well I dont know, somehow I have tolerance for clonazepam I can take 6mg and remmeber everything I did and dont feel fucked up, only, feel very good, but for others benzos like oxazepam 30mg gives me nice sedaded feeling, 100mg makes me feel very good. But now going to keep vey long tolernace break, how long it should take? I try never to take benzos daily over 2 weeks, thats when you might get WDs. Done this way for 15 years without problems.

For me oxazepam, etizolam mitazolam and clonazepam are the only benzos that give nice mood swifting mood. Alprazolam or temazepam dont give me any good feeling, actually they make me depressed. Etizolam is my favorite as I get euphoric from it.

your only the second person ive heard of to take etizolam. i think it hasnt been approved in some countries (yet) however its showing very promising signs as its not actually a traditional benzo, but a hybrid of sorts. I believe the intent was to reduce this issue of tolerance and withdrawal. There was one study where some patients were able to maintain 1mg am and 1mg pm for 16 months, having the same effectiveness since day 1. withdrawal was also reported to be not as bad as say clonazepam.

The best way to take a break from clonazepam is to maybe have a mini taper for 3 days and then stop benzo's completely until you start to feel anxiety again, could be 7 days, could be 14. it kind of keeps you greatfull, and as you say, doing these things you can take benzo's therapeutically for years. However you are a rare breed to be able to reconize when its time to take a break. good on you :) try giving the clonazepam a break for 6 months and just take etizolam? you might be surprised :)

They can check pretty much any drug they want to with routine blood or urine test. All they do is measure the concentration of clon in your blood/urine and compare to the typical blood concentration found in someone who is taking the prescribed dose. If it is well outside the normal range then that's a dead giveaway that you are abusing it.

your only the second person ive heard of to take etizolam. i think it hasnt been approved in some countries (yet) however its showing very promising signs as its not actually a traditional benzo, but a hybrid of sorts. I believe the intent was to reduce this issue of tolerance and withdrawal. There was one study where some patients were able to maintain 1mg am and 1mg pm for 16 months, having the same effectiveness since day 1. withdrawal was also reported to be not as bad as say clonazepam.

The best way to take a break from clonazepam is to maybe have a mini taper for 3 days and then stop benzo's completely until you start to feel anxiety again, could be 7 days, could be 14. it kind of keeps you greatfull, and as you say, doing these things you can take benzo's therapeutically for years. However you are a rare breed to be able to reconize when its time to take a break. good on you :) try giving the clonazepam a break for 6 months and just take etizolam? you might be surprised :)

Etizolam was quite poular on rc-market a while ago, very euphoric benzo, better than mitazolam. But yeat need to keep breaks, Its good that Im now always anxious, sometimesI can go to speak with many people opn job interview totally sober, and other day I mioght get very anxious just going out of my home. So I dont need constant medication. But I do use them as recreationally also not only the "right" way. I like taking them with lyricas.

Well been using benzos for 15 years (not over 1 month constantly), usually I take 2 weeks and 1 month break sometimes just 2 weeks break, but I never have gottenb eeriously depetanded physically on them. And I can say very seriously that over 2mg of clonazepam do work for me 6mg is mush mush stronger than 2mg, so it means my gaba receptors s are all good not shut down? I dont buy that that over 2mg clonazepam is waste, and dosent work anyway more stornger thatn 2mg.

They can check pretty much any drug they want to with routine blood or urine test. All they do is measure the concentration of clon in your blood/urine and compare to the typical blood concentration found in someone who is taking the prescribed dose. If it is well outside the normal range then that's a dead giveaway that you are abusing it.

^ Agreed, 20 mg of clonazepam would be well beyond normal prescribed range. OP, being in pain management you should know that they will be able to detect when a patient is abusing their medication. It is uncertain for how long though. I'm closing this because we don't allow drug testing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.