• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam withdrawal question

Bag84

Bluelighter
So I’ve never had a problem with addiction to benzos. I have severe anxiety so I get an rx for 70mg a month for over 2 years. I normally take them all within 2 weeks. This time I’ve taken about 65mg in about 12 days. I’m wondering if I will go thru withdrawal by taking 5.5mg a day for 12 days. And if so will suboxone help?

So I’ve never had a problem with addiction to benzos. I have severe anxiety so I get an rx for 70mg a month for over 2 years. I normally take them all within 2 weeks. This time I’ve taken about 65mg in about 12 days. I’m wondering if I will go thru withdrawal by taking 5.5mg a day for 12 days. And if so will suboxone help?
I feel u man, u go through a box of 100 clonaz 2mg a month. The difference btwn me and you though is that I can get clonazepam over the counter so I can take as many as I want. I eat at least 4mg daily and on rough days up to 8mg, I don't have to rely on a doctor to get my anxiety pills, I wouldn't be able to fathom that. Anyway to answer your question, depends how long uve been taking em, and well at those dosages ure definitely gonna have a very uncomfortable 2 weeks.anxiety, rebound insomnia, maybe some flu like symptoms. No, suboxone won't help cause it works in a totally different part of the brain. The only thing that could help something could be diazepam, there's ppl who say lyrica and gabapentin help. I'm not sure about that but diazepam or Xanax perhaps could help you. Try to maintain low doses with your benzos, try not to gobble them like candy next time, it doesn't get u higher to eat more than 4mg tbh. Be safe 👍

I gotta get to Peru soon. But seriously. I know I took a lot but it’s only been 12 days. Maybe I’ll get lucky and not have benzo and opiate withdrawal. 🤞🏼

I feel u man, u go through a box of 100 clonaz 2mg a month. The difference btwn me and you though is that I can get clonazepam over the counter so I can take as many as I want. I eat at least 4mg daily and on rough days up to 8mg, I don't have to rely on a doctor to get my anxiety pills, I wouldn't be able to fathom that. Anyway to answer your question, depends how long uve been taking em, and well at those dosages ure definitely gonna have a very uncomfortable 2 weeks.anxiety, rebound insomnia, maybe some flu like symptoms. No, suboxone won't help cause it works in a totally different part of the brain. The only thing that could help something could be diazepam, there's ppl who say lyrica and gabapentin help. I'm not sure about that but diazepam or Xanax perhaps could help you. Try to maintain low doses with your benzos, try not to gobble them like candy next time, it doesn't get u higher to eat more than 4mg tbh. Be safe 👍
If he keeps it up he will eventually get full blown withdrawals since two week breaks isn't enough time for brain to recover

If he keeps it up he will eventually get full blown withdrawals since two week breaks isn't enough time for brain to recover
Yeah and clonazepam lsts quite a bit in your system, it's building up in his system. He's defo gonna wd, probably mild to moderate but still he needs to stabilize his use)

Jesus, you go through 70mg of Clonaz in about 2 weeks? that's a lot man. Anywho, I had a massive problem with Clonazepam myself last January; but, I was taking 3mg a day for like 4 months or so, and after I didn't have access to them I was in hell. Your best bet to ease the withdrawal symptoms is dosing down by .5 every 2 or so days until you are down to about .25mg a day. Either way though, and unfortunately, you'll probably still experience withdrawal symptoms.

I found that powdered magnesium mixed with water in the morning helped during the first week, and a few doses of GABA (which is an OTW supplement) taken throughout the day also greatly decreased my anxiety, tremors, and other WD symptoms.

To answer your question about using subs during benzo WD, it really depends. If you are not physically addicted to opiates and simply use subs as a recreational drug it may help since it will probably take the edge off.

Also, the peak of the benzo wds last about two weeks, and during the 4-day mark of the first week is when you're most likely to have a seizure so if need be go to detox or use alcohol (sparingly) to ease the wd symptoms. Also, you'll kind of know when you are about to seize up: your vision gets kinda blurry-ish, you cant think, you shake badly, and the mental fog is unreal. So if you start feeling that way around the 4-day mark drink a bit of booze-this method(s) worked for me at least.

Good luck man!

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I think you should try to play the tape all the way through on this. By how you're describing your history, it would seem that you're getting worse in terms of your usage. It's a pretty big possibility that you will continue to use more Benzodiazepines, more frequently and that the problem will continue to get worse.

Here is the thing about using Benzodiazepines to treat Opioid withdrawal or vice versa: they are not truly effective antidotes for one another. They both have the capability to blunt pain, both emotional and physical, but they will both inevitably lead to a feeling of your itch not being fully scratched. So, sure, Buprenorphine (Subutex) might make the experience a little bit easier, but you'll still be uncomfortable.