• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam vs Diazepam for sedative/relaxing effects when in WD ?

DeLee

Bluelighter
Hello

So my question is pretty straightforward.
Say I have been drinking a lot of GHB, or if I have taken a lot of stims and want to comedown easy.
Which of them two has those best effects?

I guess the most interesting one is which is best for G withdrawals?

Thanks

I would definitely go with clonazepam, diazepam is weaker.

No idea about withdrawals from GHB since I never took. But I have tons of experience with benzos. Clonazepam is almost like extended release xanax as in equal dose it is equal in potency so they say.

The clonazepam has is a bit different because it has hypnotic properties. Yes xanax and valium and all other benzos at higher doses do but it is most pronounced with clonazepam at not that high of doses IME.

So if you have a low tolerance, be careful as kpins hit you slow and gradually. Hits you so smooth sometimes you don't realize it even hit you(hypnotic properties probably work in that effect as well) and it lasts much longer. If you have any experience with ambien you know what hypnotic properties do. They make you do things you would never normally do.

Valium is more of a clear headed benzo, great for anxiety and some muscle relaxation.

Because of that it feels much weaker then xanax of kpins. It does have a long half life as well.

So in the end it comes down to personal preference and your tolerance.

For heavy stims honestly, anything at the right dose will do of the main tri: xanax, klonopins, and valiums.

I favor klonopins and valiums. Xanax is way too addictive and it's a very bad vicious cycle of redosing way to frequently. Becomes a big mess and has way too much of a paradoxical effect. It makes me in to a mad man.

Klonopins you have way more control as long as you're not dosing very high. It's the best around imo but because it is an anti-convulsant, coming off it tends to have more risks by reducing(or increasing I forget) your seizure threshold....if you've been taking it for a while.

Valium is probably something I would keep around for all purpose use.

Valium ALL THE WAY for me. It has the most muscle relaxant properties, and I believe the longest hallife. Easier to go through any level of withdrawl with,because of that. Too buzzed to find the source now, Zzzzz : )

just take one every few hours until you are comfy. Or not? :D

It's the most euphoric one for me of those 3. Not counting midazolam and trizolam, they take the cake. Maybe some would agree but likely not.

IMHO it's up to you and your preferences, there is no "best" alternative
diazepam is more sedative and makes you sleepy, clonazepam I can't really remember how it is because i used to take 4 mgs with no tolerance when it was around so i can't quite remember how the effects were. but it lasts a long time and i believe it has muscle relaxant properties as well because they use it as a antiepileptic
imo you can go either way

very subjective, but for me and most people it would be valium, valium is a universal fix all in this world we have created for ourselves. It helps with every aspect of WD. Now clonazepam all I ever got from it was anxiety relief, no matter how much I took, never anything else except blackouts. Hell look at medical protocol. 90% of the time diazepam is RXd for opiate WD. The only problem with diazepam is that for true opiate addicts we need unconventional doses, Like 30 mg minimum (for me) to feel any reliefs. Regardless of how long its been since I have had any. And almost no doctor left alive will write that amount anymore. Docs all of a sudden HATE benzos, many use to just have a neutral attitude about them so you could really get the help you needed or as was the case in so many trick your doctor into writing you 8 mg xanax a day 60 mg valium a day 30 mg temazepam a day, that was all on top of his fent patches his morphine/percocet for breakthrough pain, testosterone gel because he was folding in on himself. It was really sad to see a person go from pretty normal looking to a holocaust victim is what doctors are trying to stop I guess, he ended it on his own with a patch full of fent gel in a syringe. I know I went off subject just had a bit of a rough day. Anyways that's how I feel, and a shoutout to my boy Dave AKA: PhreeX RIP.