• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam (UK)

roady05

Bluelighter
Managed to source some Clonazepam and I'm not sure what to expect as it seems to be uncommon here. I've had Xanax a good handful of times and Valium is my go-to for comedowns or the occasional treat when I'm having a super lazy day or I have a cold and just want life to be a bit less difficult lmao. Anyway Xanax seems to hit me hard but not last very long, Diazepam seems to be more subtle and longer lasting...what can I expect from Clonazepam?

It is a highly potent and long lasting benzodiazepine. Lasts far longer than Valium. You got rivotril right?

Anyway it is slower acting than either xanax or Valium which are literally the fastest acting benzodiazepines. It takes 2-3hrs to reach peak plasma levels on average. A single dose may not seem as intense as xanax, though it is deceptively strong and can lead you to redose and get really high.

Start with 1-2mg, and Do NOT redose for at least 4 hours. I suggest 1.5mg to chill out. That's like 30-45mg of Valium, so it may be too much. If 10mg of Valium does it for you, take just 1mg of clonazepam at most; maybe just a half if you want mild effects

I am all about Klonopin/Rivotril, so feel free to ask questions.

I know nearly nobody that doesn't redose... sorry, but it's like that.

It's a strong benzo with very high anticonvulsive level, so be very very careful - because you really should high dose and then immediately stop you have to be luckynot to suffer from a grand-mal-seizure that can in some cases be deadly.

J.J.

Managed to source some Clonazepam and I'm not sure what to expect as it seems to be uncommon here. I've had Xanax a good handful of times and Valium is my go-to for comedowns or the occasional treat when I'm having a super lazy day or I have a cold and just want life to be a bit less difficult lmao. Anyway Xanax seems to hit me hard but not last very long, Diazepam seems to be more subtle and longer lasting...what can I expect from Clonazepam?

I think it's only used as a last resort here. I've known it to be used for epilepsy when other meds haven't worked. A friend of mine is prescribed it at a low dose of 0.5mg twice a day (I think 0.5mg is the same as 5mg of Diazepam) for rage. She has BPD and ASPD so her G.P. gives it to her as it's the only that keeps her calm.

I think it's much less sedating than Valium or Xanax but lasts for a very long time. I tested positive for Valium for THREE MONTHS after I stopped taking it so I can't even imagine how long Clonazepam stays in your system.

^^ true. I've had 2 seizures due to sudden inability to get Xanax. The second seizure lasted 6 minutes. They had to put me into a Phenobarbital coma before it killed me and when they brought me back around again they had to give me 50mg Chlordiazapoxide (Librium) 4 x day, 2.5mg Lorazepam (Ativan) 3x day and 1.5mg Haloperidol (Haldol) 3 x day and 7.5mg Zopiclone (Imovane) every night in hospital for a few weeks. Benzo withdrawal is second only to alcohol withdrawal when it comes to nasty withdrawals