• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam questions

What all can you guys tell me about this med? My new dr wants me off alprazolam and said this is a better option. He says it's suppose to last longer.

What's ur guys experiences?

Personally it has no effect on me what so ever even at ridiculous doses. I even took 10mgs once just to see if I could get anything and felt nothing, just maybe a little calmer but then again I don't have anxiety issues unless I am in opie/sub w/d's.... Some people seem to like it and some don't, but I refer to it as the Suboxone of the benzo class of drugs b/c it doesn't get you high/feel good, last along time, and has a long half life.

I've always had poor results in the past with Clonazepam. Back when I had little-to no Benzo tolerance I could eat 20-40mg with no effect except heartburn, yet 10mg of Diazepam would reduce my anxiety for anywhere upto or beyond 48 hours. I know the equivalency charts say 0.5 - 1mg Clonazepam = 10mg Diazepam, for me it most certainly was not the case.

So personally I would always go for Diazepam over any other Benzo for longer anxiety relief.

I am the exact same way. Every benzo I have ever taken has given me a "benzo effect", I have yet to ever get a feeling of a benzo effect from Klonopin, even at high doses like you said (though the biggest dose i've taken is about 10mgs).. Its basically the Suboxone of Benzo's - Doesn't get you "high/benzo-effects", last along time, and has a long half life... I dunno it seems like its the "safe" benzo doctors prescribe for those reason I stated above. Basically they suck IMO, but others seem to like them so I guess everyone is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, clonazepam has been a better all-round option than alprazolam, but I get paradoxical reactions (violent, obnoxious behavior) from higher doses of alprazolam, as well as strong amnesic effects.

Alprazolam is more potently anxiolytic for me, but at higher doses it is unsuitable for me for the aforementioned reasons. I find clonazepam also highly anxiolytic, but less inebriating and less amnesic - more functional. Clonazepam is also a stronger anticonvulsant.
Alprazolam can be taken both as preventive medicine, regularly, or as needed for symptomatic relief due to its fast onset, to treat panic attacks. Clonazepam's relatively slow absorption and time to peak make it unsuitable for this, so it must be taken every day to prevent symptoms.

I can take clonazepam at 2mg per day (though often 1mg is sufficient) and feel completely functional, go to lectures and remember everything that has occurred. Alprazolam has worked best for me when taken at doses of 0.25-0.5mg at at time, and no more than 1.5mg over the course of a day - and after 2 or 3 weeks tolerance has forced me to raise my dose to levels where paradoxical effects occur. With clonazepam I have been on 2mg per day for 3 months with no apparent loss of efficacy.

Alprazolam is also, in my opinion, more addictive.

alprazolam is def more addictive imo.

I took my kpins today, one extra for a total of 1.5 mgs. Then a friend came thru with alprazolam and I popped 5 mgs of those. Not havin any panic but not gettin any rec value either. Tolerance is a bitch.

They do make me wanna smoke. Sad thing is I'm out of cigs! Wahhh.

I even laid down to see if they'd "kick in" but I simply got bored with that.

Damn I need a cig!!

I do have the munchies from hell tho lol

IV Valium or ativan will be felt instantly, and sublingual will feel the effects within a minute. Pills that you swallow take up to an hour or two, so that's why it feels like they don't do anything. Clonazepam works well for me because they last all day and you just feel normal without anxieties. Whereas the fast acting ones will instantly calm you down, but will wear off within a few hours (good for panic attacks)