• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam questions

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
What all can you guys tell me about this med? My new dr wants me off alprazolam and said this is a better option. He says it's suppose to last longer.

What's ur guys experiences?

What all can you guys tell me about this med? My new dr wants me off alprazolam and said this is a better option. He says it's suppose to last longer.

What's ur guys experiences?

I've always had poor results in the past with Clonazepam. Back when I had little-to no Benzo tolerance I could eat 20-40mg with no effect except heartburn, yet 10mg of Diazepam would reduce my anxiety for anywhere upto or beyond 48 hours. I know the equivalency charts say 0.5 - 1mg Clonazepam = 10mg Diazepam, for me it most certainly was not the case.

So personally I would always go for Diazepam over any other Benzo for longer anxiety relief.

I've always had poor results in the past with Clonazepam. Back when I had little-to no Benzo tolerance I could eat 20-40mg with no effect except heartburn, yet 10mg of Diazepam would reduce my anxiety for anywhere upto or beyond 48 hours. I know the equivalency charts say 0.5 - 1mg Clonazepam = 10mg Diazepam, for me it most certainly was not the case.

So personally I would always go for Diazepam over any other Benzo for longer anxiety relief.

He said he doesn't give alprazolam bc it was "like coke". I guess he means addictive. I just took one and I guess I'll see bc I've been on the verge of panic all morning.

What is .5 mg of this compared to .5 mg alprazolam?

I think they are about the same, for me at least. Other than the Kpins lasting longer. I think you'll like em.

I think they are about the same, for me at least. Other than the Kpins lasting longer. I think you'll like em.

Well, so far so good. I noticed they took longer to kick in but I feel relaxed. Dunno if it's placebo or not but as long as I'm not flipping out I'm good lol.

no problem! i know what you mean. ive been using mine exclusively for over a week now.

Clonazepam has a more similar strength of affect than alprazolam does on the sub types of benzodiazepine receptors. I think its a2 and three which the latter targets most. The benzos mostly target a1-a5.

it keeps me stable because its half life is so long.
i used to buy xanax before i was on it and i'd actually fucking cry when it was wearing off because i knew i was going back to being crazy.

Xanax is the crack of benzos. It is the most abuse able , you take it feel really fucking good then it wears off and sometimes gives a crash. It is horrible for long term use.

Clonazepam is better for managing anxiety than alprazolam due to the half life. However, it's also a very potent benzo and, due to the half-life, it can be a long and rough road back to non-dependence after taking it for a while.

I know the equivalency charts say 0.5 - 1mg Clonazepam = 10mg Diazepam, for me it most certainly was not the case.

I have the same experience: diazepam is far more effective for me than clonazepam when used for managing anxiety. Those equivalency charts are good as a rough guide, but they don't always match up to one's subjective experience.

Also, speaking of subjective.... I really don't like alprazolam. At all. It makes me feel deadened inside during the 'high', and leaves me feeling like utter garbage the next day.

Overall, although they are effective for anxiety in the short term, no benzo leads anywhere good. Even if used properly (ie. therapeutic dose, consistent dosing) tolerance builds and rebound anxiety actually starts to creep in, forcing you to up the dose. Eventually you have to get off. And that's really, really hard.

Last edited:
Xanax is more effective. But for a smooth and stable duration I prefer klonopin. I prefer to go without all that rebound anxiety and watching the clock for when to take my next pill.

I wouldnt reccomend staying on klonopin long term. It can mess with your head more than other benzos. Easily my favorite benzo though

Diazepam wins hands down IMO/IME if you need something to tide you over for longer periods to be anxiety free. All Benzos are hell to come off that's no doubt. But at least with Diazepam you have a slight head start due to it's apparent equivilant dose weakness mg for mg compared to Clonazepam/Alprazolam, and it's huge half-life, and also the fact that due to it's apparent inferior mg for mg strength you can can titrate Diazepam into literally miniscule amounts if/when you do decide to taper. Some people (On another site - PM me if you want me to link you to the web address) Actually titrate with liquid Diazepam down to doses as low as 1mg - 0.5mg - 0.2mg - 0.1mg etc before eventually coming off to absolutely minimise the withdrawals. Personally I think some of them methods are a bit extreme but there are people out there who are extremely sensitive to Benzos.

For generalized anxiety disorder - non-stop lingering and incessant anxiety which is free of panic attacks, clonazepam more appropriate than alprazolam due to its long duration of action.

When panic disorder is present, back-to-back or spontaneous panic attacks, alprazolam is ideal due its fast onset. This medication is infamous for killing off panic attacks.

In the case where you have both disorders, clonazepam on a daily basis and alprazolam on a "take if needed" basis is the most applicable route.

I wouldnt reccomend staying on klonopin long term. It can mess with your head more than other benzos. Easily my favorite benzo though

How so?

Thanks everyone for all the info & experiences!! Today's almost the end of day 2 & so far so good. Wasn't so sure about it yesterday evenin as I was havin an attack and it took a good hour or so to start workin. I've been in a consistent state of panic lately & it sucks. Today has been good tho & I slept like I haven't in months.

Think I am gonna ask for me to take it 3 times a day instead of 2 tho bc mid day I start to feel "weird" & by dinner I'm panicky again.

Anecdotally speaking:

*Some* report that the withdrawal of clonazepam is somewhat unique. Upon discontinuation, extreme derealization, and depersonalization may occur.

Most people that I've encountered that face this issue with extreme difficulty, are those who abuse clonazepam in extremely high dosages. The withdrawal IME, can be somewhat similar to a heavy GHB/GBL withdrawal, in combination with benzodiazepine withdrawal, when used in extremely high dosages.

The course of action for those who are dependent on high dosages of clonazepam, is a diazepam taper preferably with an anticonvulsant. Chlordiazepoxide can also be used as a step-down drug following the diazepam taper. The tapering regimen for heavy clonazepam habits is similar but not quite the same as other benzodiazepines.

IMO, this irrelevant, unless you intend to abuse it. Based on your history though, this might be an issue.

Thanks chrom! I've actually been takin it as prescribed. I kno, shocker lol. For some reason I'm scared to mess with this drug, I guess it could be a blessing in disguise.