• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam Question Please Help ASAP

V82

Bluelighter
I usually take clonazepam 8 times a month- 1.5 mg. I don't go through withdrawal if I stop.

I have taken it 4 times this month. I took it just now- 1.5 mg.- Can I take it tomorrow at work cause it is stressful.

Or is taking it so close together risking withdrawal. Last time I took it before tonight was last Sunday.

Let me know if this is safe. If I take it tomorrow. I will wait a few days and only take it one more time this month.

Will the Clonazepam lose it's affect if I take it so close from my last dose?

Please help tomorrow is a stressful day.

Last edited:
You should be fine. 1.5mg is a relatively low dose, and you don't take it that often. If you start taking it more and more often or if you find yourself telling yourself that you're less and less able to deal with stress and feel like the threshold for when you need it keeps getting lower, then that's probably a good time to evaluate your use patterns. I'd be more curious right now what's got you nervous about it. Do you feel like you're becoming addicted, or is this just a safety check?

Easy for me to say though. I get no recreational benefit from benzos at all. They do curb my anxiety and free up mental bandwidth to work on coping with stressors, I just... don't find the experience fun or euphoric, even at recreational doses.

Don't take it until you're sure you're going to need it (ie: don't just wake up and go, "Well today is guaranteed shit, so I'll go ahead and dose now.") and consider the things that are giving you anxiety about your day and what you could do to handle them.

1.5 mg is equivalent to 3X 10mg valiums. i believe clonazepam has a elimination half life of something like 3-5 days. giving it a break is a good idea. it can effect you for up to 12 hours. You should consider throttling back to .75mg if you want to be cautious. heck, .125mg will have an effect on most people.

The half life of clonazepam is about 12 hrs so taking some the next day shouldn't be an issue. I've had conversations with my psychiatrist who prescribed me some Clon while I was going through a very stressful period and he recommended a maximum daily dosage of 1 mg. Based on what you said I don't think you will have a problem with increase in tolerance. My honest advice however is try and find an outlet other than popping a pill for stress relief like exercise, meditation, etc., I think the main risk is psychological dependence where you think you need the drug.