• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam is really starting to replace alcohol for me

Apollo16

Bluelighter
I used to hit the booze hard, but recently I have been suffering from severe hangovers that it has brought on. The magic of alcohol just seems to have disappeared. I have been experimenting with benzos, (clonazepam in particular), to replace the alcohol. I find that clonazepam in particular, has a very "intoxicating" and social feeling to it. Has anyone else successfully substituted alcohol for other downers? Just lol at having to deal with the headaches and nausea from alcohol, when so many far superior downers exist It truly shows you how toxic alcohol is.

I have taken a lot of benzos in my past and never have I ever got a "social feeling"... Sure, i had much less anxiety so I was able to talk with people easier but it was definitely not a drug that would be passed out at parties to do together. Alcohol, while it is a depressant, it can cause stimulant-like effects at the right dose in the right setting...

careful with the benzos though, u might not be getting hangovers from them now, but as your tolerance increases and u have to take more to achieve the same effects, you will start to get "hangovers" never as bad as alcohol, i never got nauseous the morning after taking a benzo to fall asleep but i definitely experienced lots of fatigue (dose-dependant of course) and sensitivity to light, sometimes headache.. not as bad as alcohol hangovers, but still some next day effects.

I guess it depends what you are looking to substitute the alcohol for. Are you looking for a downer that will relax u and put u to sleep or something that will lower social inhibitions?

Sure have. Found myself soon picking up the bottle again gaining a half gallon a day vodka habit popping up to 20 mg K Pins and/ or Xanax. Woke up across the country on a blacked out freight train ride. Came to in cars city's away with no recollection. The insanity goes on.
But benzos, especially kpins hit my spot. If I take them alone my artistic, happy, social true self comes to light. Shame I won't be getting them for awhile. I won't say be careful, do what ya want. But one too many pills then a craving for just one beer can lead to anything/everything imaginable. People are doing life without a memory of the "event". I'm glad the days of checking my knife in the morning for blood are over.
Just to repeat : Benzodiazapines alone are brilliant. May wanna find a street connect in case ya run out early.
Pop em if ya got em!!!

I am glad Klonopin has worked for you.

Although it worked great for me in relieving my social anxiety for years (so much that I want another prescription) I never found it to be "intoxicating".

In a way it's possibly better if a benzo isn't intoxicating but just makes you feel normal but not anxious like it did for me but everyone is different and responds differently.

Sometimes I want to try "intoxicating" benzos cause I like the feeling, but in reality a non-intoxicating but anxiolytic drug is probably best.

Sad that I had mine taken away from just taking a bit more than prescribed each month.

My message to you is don't EVER think that your doctor is your "friend".

Doctors have a specific code they swear to live by and will jump at the gun to drop you if you take even the TINIEST bit more than prescribed.

Stick to your dose and you can have years of anxiety relief.

I am also thinking isnt long term benzo usage in therapeutical dosages (I was/am 15 years of clonazepam 0.5-2 mg user) less dangerous as everyday usage of alcohol in "therapeutic" dosages?

Haven't read a post yet warning about withdrawal. I've never picked up a benzo habit but I've read much from others and am a current opiate addict. The benzo withdrawal is supossedly worse than opiate withdrawal. And if that's true you're in for much worse than a hangover if you keep up daily usage for too long.

Not preaching lol I'm sitting here smoking H. Just saw that no one had mentioned it and wanted to make sure OP knew about the physical dependancy risk cuz harm reduction an shit.

The WD symptoms from severe alcoholism & benzodiazepine addiction are probably quite similar I'd imagine. Both can involve seizures and be potentially life-threatening, depending on how bad the addiction was...