• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Clonazepam dependence.

BenzoEnthusiast

Bluelighter
So i recently detoxed off heavy alcohol use using Klonopin. Intended on 6/7 day max daily use.
I have been taking them 13 days now i think. Ranging from 2mg a day to 8mg a day once or twice.
Only 1mg yesterday when my vision started getting blurry which i know is a sign of benzo wd but it could be related to something else. Do i need to taper now?

Am i fucked?

Last edited:
you need to be careful/watch your symptoms and lower your dose. you might get away with it without much trouble, but it's really difficult to say due to the history of ethanol abuse. Establish your lowest comfortable dose and work down from there over the next few days. either you will be able to trail them off with relative ease, or you will get the full blown dt symptomatology started. then you would have to decide whether a longer at home taper or medical detox is the appropriate route.

Hey so dont know if anyone can give more advice please?
So since i posted that i have been trying to take 1mg a day but im in mild opiate withdrawal so usually end up eating the whole 2mg. What i shitshow, im not gonna lie but im scared. I have experienced benzo wd before and dont think i could handle that trauma again.
Im thinking just take 0.5mg per day for a few days and just deal with the opiate withdrawal. Or im thinking just stop altogether and if shit goes south i can always pop 0.5?
I think i just answered my own question lol, but any input/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

So i recently detoxed off heavy alcohol use using Klonopin. Intended on 6/7 day max daily use.
I have been taking them 13 days now i think. Ranging from 2mg a day to 8mg a day once or twice.
Only 1mg yesterday when my vision started getting blurry which i know is a sign of benzo wd but it could be related to something else. Do i need to taper now?

Am i fucked?
I would just stop now , you’ll have a week or so of sleep problems and you haven’t been using long at all,in the beginning of my benzo days I only used them for three weeks at a time and it wasn’t too bad,,continued use will only prolong things and will make things worse

I would just stop now , you’ll have a week or so of sleep problems and you haven’t been using long at all,in the beginning of my benzo days I only used them for three weeks at a time and it wasn’t too bad,,continued use will only prolong things and will make things worse
Thankyou. That was my thought, just dragging it out if i try and taper off something i might not even need to taper off. Cheers mate.

Thanks for all the advice BlueLighters,but this thread might end up going bad...well for me anyway.
So i figured i might as well document my potential decline.

So today i ate 3mg (2 hour's ago) for no reason other than to help my 2 bags of heroin "kick in", as i normally need 4 bags to get a nod but due to lack of funds i could only get 2 bags.
Hopefully i will resolve this clonazepam issue without much trouble but its hard to tell at this point. Im on a tightrope and im either gonna fall right into the safety net or fall left and hit rock bottom hard.
Whatever becomes of this whether it be positive or negative outcome i am hoping this thread will turn out to be something that may help someone someday,you could say harm reduction idk?

Anyway it is what it is and i will try and keep this thread updated.

Peace and One Love.

-RudelyAwakened-

You're not dependent that quickly.

You're not dependent that quickly.
he's had previous benzo wds and is currently coming off a serious ethanol DT. he absolutely could be experiencing rebounds/wd that quickly :( sadly. I hope that is not the case for rudes sake. I'm w everyone else tho - off as soon as possible is going to be better here. hopefully you can just quit entirely and have some wicked rebounds but nothing else. using zepams to potentiate opioids, as I'm sure you know, is a losing game. gotta nip this in the bud as much as possible m8.

he's had previous benzo wds and is currently coming off a serious ethanol DT. he absolutely could be experiencing rebounds/wd that quickly :( sadly. I hope that is not the case for rudes sake. I'm w everyone else tho - off as soon as possible is going to be better here. hopefully you can just quit entirely and have some wicked rebounds but nothing else. using zepams to potentiate opioids, as I'm sure you know, is a losing game. gotta nip this in the bud as much as possible m8.
Thanks mate, skipped any benzos yesterday and none today but woke up shaking. Currently drinking to try make it go away as it could be alc withdrawal.
Yeah i have been hooked on benz before.
Thanks peeps.

Edit- yeah my alc sobriety was short lived.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, skipped any benzos yesterday and none today but woke up shaking. Currently drinking to try make it go away as it could be alc withdrawal.
Yeah i have been hooked on benz before.
Thanks peeps.

Edit- yeah my alc sobriety was short lived.
it's just "GABA wd" at this point. Benzos or ethanol will "fix" it, but if you have benzos still, i would use that if i were in the situation. ethanol on WD primed gaba neurons is like pouring kerosene on an out of control fire. it's so much more damaging with the quick on/off and dirty MOA.
If you get to a point after 30 some odd hours where shaking sets in, i would take the absolute minimum (.5 clonaz, something like that) and go from there. Ethanol is not gonna be helpful here, IMO. (unless you are fully out of benzos... in which case id just get to a fuckin hospital)