• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam and Cocaine

Laslen

Greenlighter
There's not a whole lot of information on this mixture.

I'm not talking about using a benzodiazepine for the comedown -- I'm actually talking about using cocaine to counter-act the sedative effect of clonazepam.

If you are taking the Klonopin recreationally then I can't see why you'd want to do this, just don't take the Klonopin. However, I take it that's not the case. Rather, you take the Klonopin for some condition but you don't like the sedative effect. Cocaine would be effective to counter-act the sedation, however, doing this everyday would be pretty irresponsible/harmful and not do you in any real good. Also, the cocaine will wake you up as well as negate any positive effect the Clonazepam has on your condition.

I just don't see the point.

It's complicated

I don't see how it would be harmful though. How is it harmful beyond the normal effects of cocaine? I've found no evidence the two drugs have any sort of significant negative effects when mixed.

I wouldn't worry about that combination too much. How much clonazepam are you talking about taking ?

I know this was asked but let me be more specific: Are you prescribed clonazepam and if so how much and how often do you take it? If you're not comfortable answering that then you can't really expect the 'best' response. If you're taking like .5mg or something tiny like that then obviously ANY risk is much lower than it would be if you were taking like 3mg clonazepam and a shit ton of coke.

I'm taking anywhere from 2 to 4mg of clonazepam over 6-10 hours, and doing a couple bumps of cocaine stretched out over that entire period so far. (No lines. I haven't had a chance to actually weigh the dose out yet)

This combination makes me very productive and stress-free, and I'm simply wondering if repeatedly dosing it will cause significant problems especially if the two substances interact in some way (or any other benzo and cocaine I suppose).

The clonazepam is prescribed to me.

^ If your clonazepam is prescribed and you have to take it regularly, you'll develop a tolerance to it sooner or later, and you won't feel as sedated. I'm on 6mg's of clonazepam and 20mg's of diazepam a day, and now I've reached the point that they don't sedate me at all. If you take cocaine regularly, you'll just end up getting addicted, and needing more and more to achieve the same effect.

I appreciate the information, but addiction and tolerance are not really the topics I'm trying to get info on here.

I'm talking more along the lines of short-term negative effects.

As far as short-term negative effects, I can't say they'd be overwhelming (aside from the normal negative effects of cocaine). When I said 'harmful' I meant along the lines of getting into a habit of doing this.

I've enjoyed cocaine and alprazolam together before. It was insanely euphoric and I didn't have any of the paranoia I associate with cocaine. I'm immune to clonazepam so I never tried the two together. I don't think it's very good for your heart to take uppers and downers at the same time though, I don't suggest doing it often. Once was good enough for me.

If you're too tired on klonopin then why not try a lower dose? 4 mgs seems excessive to me if you don't have tolerance.

if you need to counteract the sleepiness from benzos, try something with a longer duration than cocaine. using cocaine would mean that you redose multiple times. clonezepam is long acting, cocaine is short. this is a perfect recipe for addiction.

if you have a script for the clonazepam, maybe your doc would consider writing you a stimulant.

as for short term effects, mixing uppers and downers makes it more likely that you will overdose. people on benzos/alcohol/opiates tend to do a lot more coke than normally because they don't feel as much anxiety. your heart will feel it though.

or, i suppose you could end up ODing on the benzos because of the coke masking the effects.

anyway, be careful and keep track of how much you are consuming. if you do it right, i don;t think there are any risks that you don't already know about.

Ive jus started back using cocaine not alot but I'm also on clonazepam 1mg proscribed ta me 3 tymez a day I jus wanna know wat cud happen by taking those 2 tagatha?????? I know cocaine use isn't gud at all but I needa know what wud happen by using dem tagatha????. Can anyone help me ou plzzzzzzzzz thanx in advance. !!!!! ;-)

In the short term, no, there's nothing really to worry about from mixing the two. They work nicely to cancel out the negatives of each other and don't really add any extra strain on the body then they would alone. In the long term though...

Also try to type the way you're taught to spell in school if you want to be taken seriously, thanks.

I do it a lot to come down.. I'm also 26 and healthy..

i Wouldn't combine both at the same time bc i just think you're asking for a heart attack (which is highly unlikely). But if you're doing coke.. wait an hour or so and take a few to pass out. I've never had an issue

So i know this is old now but i just happened to come across it. Its probably too late now for who originally posted it but onmyway has it right. As long as you dont take to much you should be fine but whenever you take uppers with downers it confuses yoir heart and increases risk for heart palpataions and cardiac arrest. I take 1mg of kpin throught my sesh to keep me chill but thats as much as id take and i take 5-6 mg of kpin when i do take them recreationally. But it all depends on tolerance, just be safe bro.

Honestly I've done pins and iv coke a bunch of times. It's way better than speed balling with dope in my opinion. It just makes you so relaxed the whole time. You get the rush from the coke after you shoot and after that you're really not that wired which I rather enjoy. There's no gritting your teeth or clenching your jaw. I feel like I get fuckin lock jaw from holding onto my belt with my teeth! But is it dangerous? Probably as most drugs are. But in moderation it's a nice, relaxing coke high. And that's all I have to say about that. *MIC DROP*

best combo

this is basically the best combo for anxious people who like the euphoria of coke. It totally negates the edginess that made me hate cocaine for the longest time. And you can sleep after! It's quite amazing. I'd say do some coke, have 1 mg of klonopin, continue blow, then near the last few bumps, drop a 2mg. It's perfect. It's creative too. Like Adderall almost.

of course the benzos don't really make me that tired. They just make me not anxious, like the are probably supposed to.

that said klonopin on it's own will probably just make you dazed and confused. Not super recommended to anyone but hardcore benzo users

I do it a lot to come down.. I'm also 26 and healthy..

i Wouldn't combine both at the same time bc i just think you're asking for a heart attack (which is highly unlikely).
Actually, it's quite the opposite, benzos will actually lower the cardiovascular and hyperthermia risks from cocaine. That's why they give people overdosing on coke benzos. The whole upper and downer mixture pulling on your heart causing heart attacks was bullshit. However alcohol and cocaine combined is more cardiotoxic than either alone because of the formation of cocaethylene.

And also with heroin and cocaine mixtures, usually injected, there is an increased overdose risk, but that is because people tend to overshoot the amount of heroin needed because with the coke you won't feel it as much at first. But the cocaine is counteracting the effects of the heroin to a certain degree. But cocaine has a much shorter half life, so when the coke wears off, the heroin is all of a sudden hitting much harder and an respiratory depression can set in quickly.

Cocaine is inherently toxic, so you have that working against you. Using Benzodiazepines can be totally reasonable, but thinking that Cocaine is a good solution to a drug regime in which the only negative symptom is somnolence. What I'm saying is, there's a litany of other medications that could be used to keep you awake besides Cocaine.