• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam aka Klonopin

I don't like benzos but klonopin was the only one I could see being addictive. It's calmness but also in a way that makes you feel cute and happy.

Ativan is good for it's job. It's calming and sometimes people with benzo scripts literally just need that. Still--for a benzo head ativan is just not good enough lol. Xanax has it's place in the world and it feels good with marijuana recreationally I just don't like how I can't control my behavior.

I've tried so so many, but am now prescribed klonopin for the long term after my doctor and I both agreed if I wasn't prescribed a benzo for my anxiety, I'd go out seeking again (clonazolam, etizolam, diclazepam, pyrazolam, Flu-Alp, flubromazolam), basically anything ending in azolam or azepam lmao. I would get my hands on it. The kpins keep me within the legal boundaries and help stop me from abusing.

Anti-depressants didn't work for my depression/anxiety, unless you include horrifying thoughts/journaling, mania, and attempted suicide as "working".

I've tried so so many, but am now prescribed klonopin for the long term after my doctor and I both agreed if I wasn't prescribed a benzo for my anxiety, I'd go out seeking again (clonazolam, etizolam, diclazepam, pyrazolam, Flu-Alp, flubromazolam), basically anything ending in azolam or azepam lmao. I would get my hands on it. The kpins keep me within the legal boundaries and help stop me from abusing.

Anti-depressants didn't work for my depression/anxiety, unless you include horrifying thoughts/journaling, mania, and attempted suicide as "working".

What do you mean by horrifying journaling out of curiosity sake?

Ive been on just about every benzo and sleeping tablet over 30yr love affair with benzos. xanax was my favourite but since i was cut off by the health department and had to go cold turkey off 10 a day which was hell.I discovered clomazpam about 6yrs ago and have been hooked since.i love them but they are a mental prison ive tryed 5 times to get off but i cant and i thought coming off methadone was bad.Respect clomazapam or it will fuck you up.

What do you mean by horrifying journaling out of curiosity sake?
I hadn't journaled since elementary school, suddenly while on effexor (soon after, pristiq) I had the urge to write out my thoughts and feelings. I still have the papers somewhere, it's terrifying. It was getting more manic/outrageous day by day and about a week later, I attempted my first suicide.

Ok, took a break from typing to find those papers. I'll share a couple excerpts from them but wow I'm uncomfortable just looking back at this shit.. I was enraged every day with thoughts of violence (not just towards myself but others) vividly running through my mind. It made me cry one day in bed I was sobbing because I knew something awful was headed my way and I was trapped.

FROM THAT JOURNAL--- "Please get this fucking Sinister soundtrack out of my fucking head for fucks sake, i cant stop listening to it and hearing it loop in my head. 'Family Hanging out '11', it's making my thoughts go to darker and angrier places. But im also loving it and obsessed at the same time. These thoughts are me at my core. The part of me nobody sees. So much self hate but narcissism at the same time, how does that even make sense? I fucking hate so many things about myself but I cant tell if that's even close to my hate towards everyone and everything else. Wheres my motivation? Wheres my patience? Im losing more of myself each day and im genuinely afraid i wont get it back this time. one wrong thing and something horrific is gonna happen, i know it."
**hours pass**
"If I don't pass this class and my _____ job offer gets retracted, i think im gonna run away somewhere to cali, utah, nevada, colorado and just kill myself. Ive had it play in my head countless times. I have the $ for the clonazolam and oxy. im thinking like 40mg of clonazolam and a few oxy's that are inevitably pressed with fent. And to top it all off just to ensure respiratory failure, probably several grams of phenibut and some gabapentin with 80 proof vodka. Somewhere with lots of trees in bumfuck nowhere so my body can never be found. Fuck, i want music though, cant bring my phone. oh well i'd figure it out.."
**a couple days pass**
"Took my meds about 90 min ago, im having violent thoughts about breaking things, destroying things. People dont take me seriously, never in my whole fucking life has anybody ever taken me seriously. I feel like i have to do something crazy just to get their fucking attention and let them know to take me seriously.. when will it happen?? I fell like a ticking time bomb here. Goddammit i dont have anymore fucking pens".

A week later was my last journal entry mentioning that I had acquired acid, bars, molly, etc and was trapping again. One part reads "I fear I may relapse tonight, I have no self control."

That night and into the morning, I managed to take around 17 clonazolam bars, 5 grams of phenibut, and 3 grams of gabapentin. I woke up to paramedics surrounding my room because my roommates had called 911. Thank goodness they did. SNRI's nearly ended me by making me go manic.

Cymbalta did this to me... i started binge drinking, outrageous behavior, i attempted suicide also drunk, swallowed idk how many of my Ativans n stole my brothers truck n ran straight into a stoned in driveway... but im not the only one, ppl have lawsuits against them n some actually won..

Have Clonazepam coming soon, it’s a once in a while treat for me. I find it nice and comfy feeling but never take too much.

I find clonazepam rather gives you a body bzd high. It does not have specifically sedating or anxiolytic properties, though it, of course, does all these things if dosed accordingly.
Many people I used to know did love this benzo due to its relative strength. It comes in 2 mg pills, equiv to 20 mg of diazepam. I do rather look for purely sedating and anxiolytic properties in benzos, though. I thus prefer diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam and many of the research bzds. I just don't want to experience a benzo high, but I want to suppress restlessness, anxiety and over-excitation.

EDIT:
Oh, the almost obligatory EDIT, of course :sneaky:: I know, clonazepam is often used for certain forms of restlessness and/or anxiety, but I guess that's not because it's so great, but because of the long half-life and onset. So it's probably considered less addictive than certain other, probably better bzds.

Last edited:
Is this anyones first choice as "best " benzo. I have tried Ativan and Klonopin. I can say Klonopin gives a more relaxed feeling longer, better sleep, pain relief. and more munchies lol

Its my fav benzo, anyone else?
For some reason it’s the only ones they will ever give me

They have helped me with opiate withdrawals. I wonder how well they would kill a trip?

Clonazepam is certainly better than lorazepam (ativan), but that isn't difficult considering that lorazepam is probably one of the least desirable benzos. Clonazepam can be pretty amnestic, but it seems good for pain, sleep and muscle relaxation.
this im n rehab now they give me a certain type of klonipin every 4 hours 1 mg along with other meds first day was ativan didnt feel like it lasted over 5 hours for me

Klonopin is definitely one of the best commonly available ones. However, IV midazolam (often administered in hospitals) is hands-down the best rec benzos IMHO.

Klonopin is definitely one of the best commonly available ones. However, IV midazolam (often administered in hospitals) is hands-down the best rec benzos IMHO.

I can't see anything better than alprazolam. More euphoric benzo for me. It's the only benzo that makes me feel high, apart from temazepam, which is a different sort of high.

Alprazolam is very motivating and stimulant. Makes me manic and disinhibited.

Clonazepam... whew yeah I’d say that it is hands down
my favorite benzo. It is one of those pills that after about 15-20min after taking it you feel a cool warmth and softness wash over you & all your problems seem to melt away for the duration of the effects. Here’s my personal opinion of the effects of benzodiazepines I have tried.

clonazepam(klonopin)- euphoric. calm, cool, collective.
Carefree feelings, slurred speech, extreme amnesia, somewhat of an aphrodisiac& sex feels different but great.

Alprazolam(Xanax)- hits fast, usually like 10-15min tops comes on strong like a wave of euphoria washes over you. Extremely care free attitude, stealing seems like a great idea, but it is short lived 2-3 hrs at low doses unlike klonopin that has a extremely long half-life. But if you don’t take benzodiazepines regularly this one is gonna put you out like a light.

Lorazepam(Ativan)- this one is definitely one of the weaker benzos but in my experience, Ativan is without a doubt the most psychedelic/trippy benzo I have tried. Ex.( floor/walls/objects breathing, for some odd reason I get shadow people from taking this one but still euphoric and fun.

temezepam(restoril)- extremely sedative, heavy amnesia but euphoric nonetheless, cuddling/laying with significant other feels sooo comfortable lol.

Diazepam(Valium)- one of the most euphoric benzodiazepines in my opinion, very long half-life as well. If you got a drug test in 2 weeks don’t take Valium cause more than likely it’s gonna show up.

chlordiazepoxide(Librium)- one of the weakest benzodiazepines, used as rehabs for benzo withdrawal since it also has a very long half life, somewhat euphoric, will cause you to forget damn near everything though.. lol, I got a story about Librium for you guys.. I had to go to a different psychiatrist since I didn’t have the cash to pay my sub doc I went to my old one, and he didn’t like that I was on klonopin and Dino one together along with the adderall and gabapentin he told me that he would only prescribe the subs so I told him that I’m going to be sick without the klonopin?
He prescribed me Librium, so I left the office went home and got high on meth, subs and about 150mg of librium. I enjoyed the night with the girl that I was with and a couple friends but I had forgotten I was to start a new job the next day so me being stubborn, I went to drive to work that morning on no sleep and some psychoactive substances; even though everyone told me not to go, I still did & ended up flying up this mountain side hill and actually crashing into the rock side spinning out of control and slamming back into it again. Totaling my car, I split my lip completely open to where the top lip had two flaps, and breaking my right eye socket completely. Not fun. I had a dealer come over so I could score some dope for the pain and he said it looked like someone beat the shit out of me but only on the right side of my face since it was black and blue.
Moral of the story, don’t take benzodiazepines and drive because you’re bound to make a mistake sooner or later.

Hope you guys enjoyed my post, I’m new but I’ve watched over this site for over ten years and decided today I’m gonna sign up lol

-peace

Clonazepam hands down... it stops the record player from skipping & repeating in my head. Also helps with stress / muscle tension, which lead to migraines for me. I still get migraine, but less...

funny for me clonazepam is last on my list, my benzos of choice are;
diazepam
bromazepam
triazolam
midazolam
flurazepam
alzam
lorazepam
and the odd nitrazepam here and there. But clonazepam is my last go to benzo

I hadn't journaled since elementary school, suddenly while on effexor (soon after, pristiq) I had the urge to write out my thoughts and feelings. I still have the papers somewhere, it's terrifying. It was getting more manic/outrageous day by day and about a week later, I attempted my first suicide.

Ok, took a break from typing to find those papers. I'll share a couple excerpts from them but wow I'm uncomfortable just looking back at this shit.. I was enraged every day with thoughts of violence (not just towards myself but others) vividly running through my mind. It made me cry one day in bed I was sobbing because I knew something awful was headed my way and I was trapped.

FROM THAT JOURNAL--- "Please get this fucking Sinister soundtrack out of my fucking head for fucks sake, i cant stop listening to it and hearing it loop in my head. 'Family Hanging out '11', it's making my thoughts go to darker and angrier places. But im also loving it and obsessed at the same time. These thoughts are me at my core. The part of me nobody sees. So much self hate but narcissism at the same time, how does that even make sense? I fucking hate so many things about myself but I cant tell if that's even close to my hate towards everyone and everything else. Wheres my motivation? Wheres my patience? Im losing more of myself each day and im genuinely afraid i wont get it back this time. one wrong thing and something horrific is gonna happen, i know it."
**hours pass**
"If I don't pass this class and my _____ job offer gets retracted, i think im gonna run away somewhere to cali, utah, nevada, colorado and just kill myself. Ive had it play in my head countless times. I have the $ for the clonazolam and oxy. im thinking like 40mg of clonazolam and a few oxy's that are inevitably pressed with fent. And to top it all off just to ensure respiratory failure, probably several grams of phenibut and some gabapentin with 80 proof vodka. Somewhere with lots of trees in bumfuck nowhere so my body can never be found. Fuck, i want music though, cant bring my phone. oh well i'd figure it out.."
**a couple days pass**
"Took my meds about 90 min ago, im having violent thoughts about breaking things, destroying things. People dont take me seriously, never in my whole fucking life has anybody ever taken me seriously. I feel like i have to do something crazy just to get their fucking attention and let them know to take me seriously.. when will it happen?? I fell like a ticking time bomb here. Goddammit i dont have anymore fucking pens".

A week later was my last journal entry mentioning that I had acquired acid, bars, molly, etc and was trapping again. One part reads "I fear I may relapse tonight, I have no self control."

That night and into the morning, I managed to take around 17 clonazolam bars, 5 grams of phenibut, and 3 grams of gabapentin. I woke up to paramedics surrounding my room because my roommates had called 911. Thank goodness they did. SNRI's nearly ended me by making me go manic.

Effexor had a similar effect on me. It almost gave me a very dirty feeling, gross "high". I had a lot of energy and I stopped eating, started drinking all the time, doing DXM, meeting random people on the internet and doing more drugs. I got so reckless & impulsive. Wouldn't say I got violent though. Alcohol always made me violent, so when if I did, it could have played a part. I've never been "manic" before in my life, but the way it is described sounds exactly like my first year on Effexor.
Doctors assumed because I had such a reaction that I must be "bipolar", but I don't think I am, as I never have manic episodes naturally and have been given a diagnosis of borderline personality.

I stopped after that first year & never took it again until recently. Been dealing with a loss of energy, motivation and focus and doctor is reluctant to prescribe me stimulants, so I figured I'd try Effexor again and welcome the mania and energy, but this time it just made me feel sick to my stomach constantly, jittery, constant yawning. Felt awful, so i quit again.

Glad you made it through that nightmare though, friend!

Anyway, to the main topic, klonopin definitely wins, I think. Although I've never found benzos euphoric or very 'recreational', but they are great at their intended purpose.

Is this anyones first choice as "best " benzo. I have tried Ativan and Klonopin. I can say Klonopin gives a more relaxed feeling longer, better sleep, pain relief. and more munchies lol

Its my fav benzo, anyone else?
No, despite me loving the effects and duration generally speaking, it's also the only benzo that makes me fly off the handle into violent rages. When I was in my late teens-early 20s and partying all the time I would get in fights and shit whenever I was taking my prescribed Klonopin. I literally screamed at my friend with benefit's best friend and damn near wanted to knock her out. No idea why. This never happened when I was prescribed alprazolam or temazepam or any of the other illicit or RC benzos I've used over the years.

Then again, lorazepam also makes me trip my balls off and get extremely nauseated so I'm not the most normal in the benzo user world.

No, despite me loving the effects and duration generally speaking, it's also the only benzo that makes me fly off the handle into violent rages. When I was in my late teens-early 20s and partying all the time I would get in fights and shit whenever I was taking my prescribed Klonopin. I literally screamed at my friend with benefit's best friend and damn near wanted to knock her out. No idea why. This never happened when I was prescribed alprazolam or temazepam or any of the other illicit or RC benzos I've used over the years.

Then again, lorazepam also makes me trip my balls off and get extremely nauseated so I'm not the most normal in the benzo user world.
Strange to hear you're another one who gets nausea from a benzo. I use to get nausea from klonopin and it also changed the way food tasted to me.

And one day after picking my mom up from her chemotherapy, she told me they gave her IV ativan to combat "nausea" and I was like no way! But I looked it up and sure enough, benzos are used to stop nausea in chemotherapy. Never thought they had any properties that even made them anti-emetic.