• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonapem, tolerace due to dosinhg regime

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I have been using a clonazapem dosing schedlule that involes taking 2 to 1.5 mg every 3 - 4 hrs. I hve heard that this causes tolerance to move up qickliy. Is it more advisabel TO TAKE THE FULL DOSE AT ONCE to change tolerance INCREASE (i.e slow it down).

You should not need to dose Clonazepam (Klonoping) every 3 hours. The drug is just hitting its stride around the 2-3 hour mark, so you're really overdoing it, but I'm not judging you about it. You are correct that it will cause tolerance to increase rapidly. Taking the entire dosage at once is not a good idea either. What you need to do is switch to a normal, twice per day dosing regimen, which should be plenty considering Clonazepam's relatively long duration of effect.

Can you elaborate thought man. Are you trying to get clean? Withdraw? Taper? Get fucked up?

With all of the well-know "delusions of sobriety" aside, it may be that the clonazepam didn't seem to be doing its predicted work that compelled me to dose it on this compressed schedule, (which would be to substitute for my used-up-too-early gabapapentin prescription.) In this case, it was only two days of being without my 600mg/day gaba prescription.

Would this be long enough time (1.5 days of the above-mentioned schedule) to develop a significant tolerance?

Thanks, Keif'

You are implying that you've only been using the Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) for 1.5 days? If this is the case, then you are unlikely to have developed a tolerance of any significance. There is a difference between what I call chronic tolerance and acute tolerance. Chronic tolerance, if you will, is the dependence/withdrawal cycle that we are most familiar with. The acute tolerance, again, if you will, is the label I apply to the phenomenon in which use of a drug in rapid succession before the effects of the previous dosage have worn off, leads to a sensation that the effects of the drug are blunted.

Think about when you smoke Cannabis. It's much more enjoyable to smoke, wait until you are completely back to baseline and then smoke again, as opposed to just smoking joint after joint every 15 minutes. In short, you aren't getting the full hit from the drug that you might be expecting when you use them too rapidly.