• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clomipramine?

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Im curious about people's experiences with this drug, before I start on it.

What was it like for you? Did it help your energy levels or depression at all? What would you compare it to?

I've read that it's possibly an antagonist at dopamine D1, D2 and D3 receptors. Could this lead to anhedonia, less motivation, dulled euphoric states & worsening depression? Or does antagonism at these receptors play no role in euphoria or feelings of bliss or pleasure?

I've been through most of the SSRI/SNRI's and I refuse to take any more antipsychotics. This drug just sounds like an SNRI/antipsychotic wrapped in one. *eye roll*

Why do doctors think that blocking dopamine rceptors in a depressed person is going to help their depression? Is this not counterproductive?
Could using dopamine receptor antagonist upregulate dopamine/receptors, making things more euphoric after it wears off?

Any input that is strictly related to clomipramine & your experiences or it's effect is appreciated, rather than any judgement or moral finger pointings.

I have never been prescribed clomipramine but I used to take it to get some sleep on stimulant comedowns.

I like it and imipramine (which I was scripted for a longtime).

Decided to try it last night.

It wasn't too bad. Probably the only SNRI that hasn't given me intense side effects (yet).

I did notice a little dulling of the buzz I had after I took it.
It mostly just made me feel a little drowsy. Kinda felt like a lighter mirtazipine.