Clomid only cycle, legal and no PH?

brink

Bluelighter
Hypogonadal men have been prescribed clomid off-label more recently in place of TRT to boost their testosterone, etc. And at least one drug company is currently working on an isomer of clomid just for this purpose; it is said to be in phase 3 trials (Androxal)

Clomid is additionally interesting for men with normal test levels who desire to increase their levels without running gear. Whether side effects are worth running it really depends on each individual and published risks, which would also apply toward PCT use. It is likely prudent to also take a specialized AI, IMO, as clomid seems to raise all levels. Bitch tits may or may not be possible with clomid's affinity for estrogen receptors, but I sure wouldn't take any chances with that or especially stroke risk from high circulating estradiol...

Following is an example of personal blood work taken after a few months of taking only Clomid at 50mg/d, which isn't often done at such a dosage. Considering the marked increase in test levels from normal range (500-700's, generally), this type of cycle doesn't bother me, but it would be wise to do research before running any compound, especially long term. The test number could be a good bit higher by lowering aromatase and/or 5ar activity, also neither of which bother me. Pay special attention to the liver enzyme values, which have personally been high at baseline and could be affected by any number of variables (have had many tests):

Qinbxuw.png

Again, I want to stress that having high estradiol levels like this is seriously dangerous wrt stroke risk. That goes for ANY cycle. I can reference prior data on risk if anyone is interested. As to whether this is a good oral option compared with other legal routes, well that's for everyone to decide. It doesn't require any PCT, and balls are to the walls, so that's one consideration. May have the libido of a 90 year old after too much of this hormonal "overdrive" though, there's no telling!

I doubt clomid itself is especially hazardous to the liver, but it's something to look into further. It has been shown to be safe enough for PCOS patients who had mildly abnormal liver tests, fwiw. Women generally take clomid for having multiple kids at once, despite nature emphatically telling them, "No". Burdens can then fall on tax payers, and this is perhaps the most dangerous risk of all. :(

What do you guys think about clomid? Turn into super bitch? I may try running again while keeping personal levels of E2 and DHT low... if prior baseline blood tests are reasonable. Guys can also have serious sexual issues with lowering DHT, so it's always good to play it safe by taking as few drugs as possible.

Clomid does more then act as an anti-estrogen in certain tissues. In the pituitary it acts as an estrogen, sensitizing pituitary cells to the actions of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). This stimulates release of FSH & LH..

Tamoxifen (an anti-estrogen) is completely ineffective.

Clomid mediates the positive effect at the estrogen receptor.

Interesting for those combining Nolva with Clomid: Both Clomid and tamoxifen are almost equally effective at binding to the pituitary estrogen receptor. As noted Tamoxifen has no estrogen mediated effect in terms of an ability to increase GnRH-stimulated release of FSH & LH. What it does is just occupy the receptors...or block them so that E2 or Clomid can not have a positive influence.