• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cleansing body from intermittent meth use?

Mlgjp8612

Bluelighter
Obviously a healthy diet and exercise routine will help but is there anything impartiicular to focus on through diet or supplements to help cleanse the toxins from body after meth use. When i say meth use i dont mean regular use. Singular use maybe once every 3 months if that.

I read that toxins from it continue to damage the body several weeks after last use! I had also read somewhere (unrelated to meth use) that people use various substances that some heavy metals will bind to so they can then be exreted. I believe sodium bicarbonate was one, i want to say epsom salt for some reason but probably not.

So aside from in general and overall is there anything particular that would speed up detox of meth toxins or provide extra protection from any kind of damage done by (singular) meth use?

There are no lingering toxins from meth itself mate. After a few days, it's out of your system and that's that. Just live healthily the rest of the time and you should be fine.

There may, of course, be toxins left behind from the manufacture process (like heavy metals, that can deposit in the body) but you wouldn't know if you did or didn't, and the body can chelate and excrete some without it causing a long term issue as long as you're not taking in crazy amounts (so keep your meth doses sensible).

most meth manufacturing processes don't leave any "toxins" present (assuming you ignore the meth itself)

if you have a working set of kidneys, a working liver, and a GI tract, your body will naturally do the elimination of the meth, its metabolites, and cellular waste products all on its own, all you need to do is drink water and wait.

most people who claim to have cures for "toxins" are snake oil salesmen.

If you only use once every 3 months your body should be able to handle the detox / restoration just fine.

That said there are tons of different supplements you can take as a drug user to help aide the body / protect against neurotoxicity.

Personally for meth use / stimulant use some that come to mind:

Magnesium
L-Tyrosine
Vitamin C / Grape Seed Oil - Antioxidants
CoQ10

some more suggested supplements:

I know it sounds cliche, but the best detox supplement is sobriety. Exercise a lot too. Drink plenty of fluids. Magnesium is also recommended.

Your body has kidneys and a liver to get rid of toxins, you don't need to *do* anything.
This is why detox's are dumb.

Just drink lots of water, have grand poops and pees and youll be clean in no time friend!