• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cleaning ketamine from cut

sdgjkhsdgh

Bluelighter
I have some K that is cut with salt and maybe some other chemicals.

Does anybody know how to wash away the salt so I get pure K?

Any help would be appreciated, thx.

Acid base extraction, if it's just salt it's cut with.
K HCl --- xOH ---> K freebase
Extract with toluene/CCl3/hexane, seperatory funnel.
Gas extracted polar layer with HCl gas
Evap solvent
Voila, K HCl.

And if you do not want to handle hydrochloric acid gas or evaporate solvents in your apartment (if you have that kind of living arrangement) you may just extract the organic (non-polar, not polar) phase with slightly acidic water and evaporate that instead.

^ Yeah. The product isn't quite as nice (it comes out as a lovely fluffy powder, ready for snorting, no crystals, if you gas it!) but it works about as well and is easier/safer, true :) .

wow thanks for fast replies but I don't understand how to do this..lol

Can you guys explain to me in easier way how to do this? Slightly acidic water...how acidic and where should i get it? What do you mean by evaporating it?

I apologize for being dumb, I have no knowledge in chemistry...sorry

try using the search engine and if you dont understand the answers given i dont think this should be in the advanced discussion......!!!!!!

i did searches on it with no success. I need direcctions step by step for newbies...appreciate any help.

I put this thread here by mistake...sorry.

Use alcohol to dissolve ketmanie Hcl - sodium chloride isn't soluble in ethanol or isopropanol. Then just evaporate the alcoholic solution. I'm sure I've answered this somewhere else. If it's a double post, I will be getting very angry

thanks for making it easier

I just want to get your approval before I actually start this..I dont want to hurt myself and especially my friend.

step 1
I pour the ethanol into the cut Ketamine

step 2
then I run it through a coffee filter

step 3
I throw away the filter(salt didnt dissolve and therefor is trapped inside the filter)

step 4
I let the ethanol liquid stand and it will evaporate leaving me with cleaner Ketamine

What's the best place to go look for ethanol? I'm from Ontario.

Did I get everythign right?

Is this 100% safe?

Did I miss anything?

How much ethanol should I use for 2 grams?

P.S. I am sorry if this is a double post. I searched and didn't find anything helpful. Maybe you guys can make these threads sticky for newbies to be able to wash off all the dirt out of drugs...just a thought..people can do less harm that way.

Last edited:
It'll be harder to find pure ethanol than isopropanol.

Go to the chemist and buy a small bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol - it's rubbing alcohol.

I wasn't aware KetHCl dissolved in alcohols. That's useful to know.

Are you sure it is cut with salt? Pure K should look like salt...

and if you're impatient, enough to toss out most of your ket if you really think it is cut with salt...
be patient with dissolving!

I can see 2 powders, table salt (from taste) and K crystals.. K is hard to come by where I live up north thats why I'd rather extract it

What do you mean by water bath?

You basically heat up any kind of water vessel.. a pan or a beaker, and then you put your stuff in a separate holder within it so that it doesn't get in contact with the flame, but rather gets its heat from the surrounding water's heat.

Although IMO, if you're absolutely sure it is table-salt (and I actuallt don't doubt that K is cut with salt because it looks a lot like it), its not really a big deal... salt is not that harmful, eh?

Jamshyd said:
You basically heat up any kind of water vessel.. a pan or a beaker, and then you put your stuff in a separate holder within it so that it doesn't get in contact with the flame, but rather gets its heat from the surrounding water's heat.

Although IMO, if you're absolutely sure it is table-salt (and I actuallt don't doubt that K is cut with salt because it looks a lot like it), its not really a big deal... salt is not that harmful, eh?

I imagine though, that sodium chloride wouldn't be too easy on the ole nostril.

No worse than Ketamine is, provided you've cut it up nicely etc.

MattPsy said:
No worse than Ketamine is, provided you've cut it up nicely etc.

I've never found Ketamine to be nasally abusive at all, occasionally causing congestion, but thats it, it was never painful to me. Of course, when I was doing it, we were getting Ketaset vials unopened, and by cooking them, we would boil a pot of water with a plate on top of the pot with the vial contents emptied onto the plate, letting the liquid evaporate leaving the Ketamine powder behind (which was part of the fun of doing K :) ). We had pure product every time, and it never felt painful in the least sense, IMO, was akin to snorting coke. Just went up, wait 2min, then start to feel it. There wasn't any pain associated with it at all. Granted, it might be different now, but when I was doing it, I never had any pain whatsoever.