• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cleaning Glass Bowl

why not like put it in oil till it all disolves off (cause THC is soluble in oil right?) then not only is your pipe clean, but you can bake with the oil
most of the stuff thats in your pipe is tar. and why you would ever want to eat tar is beyond me, i think smoking it is bad enough.

look i dunno about you guys, but ive read somewhere, im not quoting it, but i kinda have the same agreement with it, that resin can be quite fucking disgusting and can contract things such as hepatitis and shit like that. because the resin is built up, along with all the crap in the weed, peoples saliva and every other bit of crap that passes through.

haha, sure ive smoked resin before, but never after hearing that. plus it tastes like shit and is not worth the effort. maintain the clean bong and smoke fresh gear guys:)

peace out

Yeah... uh... I might be wrong, but wouldn't stuff like hepatitis and other bacteria/viruses/everything be destroyed when you applied flame to the resin?

And where can epsom salt be bought? Is it one of those gardening things I could pick up at home depot?

Formula 420 always seemed to work perfectly for me when I cleaned my bowls. It's a little pricey, but it should clean your bowl in less than an hour.

steve_mofo said:
because the resin is built up, along with all the crap in the weed, peoples saliva and every other bit of crap that passes through.

Yeah, for real! Y'all are some nasty motherfuckers for suggesting that you save the resin for ANYTHING, much less cooking. YUCK! I just puked all over my computer. Do NOT cook with the resin you clean out of your pipe, and only save it for smoking if you KNOW that you are frequently broke/hard up/whatever. It's fuckin nasty, almost pure tar, held together by many people's saliva, with just a pinch of cannabinoids that have already been affected by combustion at least once before.

Now, I agree with the salt/alcohol thing for most larger bowls, and all bongs. But some smaller pipes/bubblers are too intricate to have the proper surface area that would allow the salt to act as an abrasive. For these cases, I've found (and I do this about once a month, only takes about an hour) the best method is to scrape the bowl first, poke the stem second, let boil completely submerged for a little bit, til the water smells nasty and has an oil slick floating atop, remove from the stove, hold under hot water from the sink while simultaneously poking through the stem again, and you should find that your pipe is at least 95% clean. If you really want that brand-spanking-new look again, follow this method up with a good soaking in denatured alcohol all night long, and the next morning you will see your pipe exactly the way you remember it looking when you bought the damn thing.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
There is a cleaner called SIMPLE GREEN
It works better than rubbing alcohol and it is much cheaper than cleaners sold as 'bong cleaners'.
Please someone try this I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

^QFT^ simple green is amazing. if you cant get ahold of that, then just go for isopropyl alcohol and salt.

OH, and a lot of the store bought bong/pipe cleaning solutions are simply colored alcohol and salt/some other abrasive. They are a rip-off and not worth the money.