• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Classic Music For Psychedelic Sessions

^ Man, a lot fo psychedelic trips for me are completely full of song playing in my head, loud and clear as day. This is in complete external silence; there's a jukebox in my head. :)

The most recent funny thing that happened to me was on 2 good hits of LSD; I was sitting outside and I was having the chimes on our grandfather clock ringing in my head. It wasn't the time for them to ring so it wasn't that I was hearing them from inside. They would also repeat over and over. It was in the complete absence of sound that my mind just picked up those tunes and went to town with them; it probably helps that I've been listening to them ever since I was born. One of those deeply rooted, simple tunes.

I was actually quite enjoying it; I was even starting to laugh my ass off at them. :D

^ Man, a lot fo psychedelic trips for me are completely full of song playing in my head, loud and clear as day. This is in complete external silence; there's a jukebox in my head. :)

2c-b + MDMA in a dark room in silence....

Im not sure what genre of EDM is sounded like, but god damn, it was epic....

That being said, i have a dj set of some deep progressive tribal house that is amazing for tripping, it'll fuck with your head.... I dont even like house, but it proves the point of "i can listen to anything if its done well enough"....

if anyone is interested in it, pm me and i will link to where it cna be downloaded.... (don't worry, its not pirating if the creators hosted it for download themselves) as for who created it, they go by the name Quidam... Good luck finding out anything about them, few people know who they are and they just sort of pop up places, this set is their first live preformance...

Ravel - Bolero

Sounds absolutely brilliant on ket & DPT

Also others I've got on a winamp play list

Dance Macabre - Saint-Saëns

Ode to Joy (9th symphony) - Beethoven (very Clockwork Orange! =D)

Morning (& Hall of the Mountain King) - Grieg

As 'modern classical', try some Philip Glass - not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like minimaliost type stuff, it's perfect

The Rites of Spring by Stravinksy is pretty damn intense, very dissonant though...:)

Gustav Holst's - The Planets. Aaron Copeland - Appalachian Spring. Vaughn Williams - The Lark Ascending (Beautifully evocative of the English countryside of bygone years).

It's not traditional, but:

Zoë Keating, One Cello x 16: Natoma

Sixteen tracks of cello layered upon each other... sort of dark for some, but absolutely gorgeous.

debussy and reich are two of my personal favorites while tripping, especially reich's 9/11 album with the kronos quartet... very dark and EXTREMELY moving

JS Bach: Bourree in E minor on Guitar. On repeat. Absolutely mesmerizing in the depths of complexity revealed in the simplest of possible ways. It's as if Bach used a single paintbrush to touch every note on the scale, one by one, in a purely genius fashion. Utterly abstract and mathematically precise, yet wholly soulful.

Bach is love, Bach is life!

Last edited:

Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Canticum canticorum (Song of Songs) (1584)

And a lot of other Renaissance polyphony.

Very nice suggestions here! I've been planning on trying Philip Glass for some time now, but he got cut in favor of other songs a few times. I almost exclusively trip with the same 4 people, we each bring 2 hours of music, and play it on random, not telling each other what we bring. Very interesting & intense!
My favorite classical piece so far is the Orgel Symphonie Allegro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idL1kQex-ss (Flac version)

Another I really like is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, especially with a proper sound setup with subwoofer, those lows rattle your brain :D
From "The Planets" I enjoy Jupiter the most. There's a part in it that reminds me of Morrowind, great memories there.

Still a lot of music to discover, LSD opened my ears. For instance right now I'm checking out some more Celtic Women (can really recommend their "Amazing Grace" and "The Sky And The Dawn And The Sun") and even Tina Turner, something I wouldn't ever have thought of a year ago.

Lately I love Tchaikovsky's 'cherubic hymn', it's quite enchanting and, well, angelic. ( youtube )

Also Simeon ten Holt's 'Canto Ostinato' may be worth checking out, entrancing and repetitive piano music ( youtube )