View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Classic Music For Psychedelic Sessions

folias

Bluelighter
Just found this resource and at the end it has a huge list of largely Classical Music that can be used for Psychedelic Sessions and during what phase of the journey!

http://csp.org/practices/entheogens/docs/bonny-music.html

If anyone has any other suggestions for Classical music or world music or any form of traditional music, outside of the normal Sphonglesque recommendations, please post them here!

Julian.

^Howdy there :) Check out Shu-De: Voices from the Distant Steppes. Tuvan throat singing at its finest....:)

Theres some good ritual music blogspots out there, if your interested in some of the darker tones to accompany an experience.

they are not so classical but e.s. posthumus combines a lot of orchestra and synth its kinda dark though

DO THIS:

Watch the sunset while tripping and listening to...

Arvo Part - Fratres

One of the most deepest moments in my life, I was watching the sunset in the middle of a forest by the lake... like sun disappearing behind trees and lake. Very Very Beautiful and deep. :)

^ such as?

http://ritualisticnature.blogspot.com/

Got some awesome field recordings, ritual/drone music, dark ambient, industrial/martial stuff. A lot if darkish though- but f I were to recommend any artists of the darker perusuaion it would Northaunt or Psychonaut (main guy from Psychonaut is a satanic chaos magician).

However, there are some great meditational pieces (the tanzanian withcraft recording is cool) various monks chanting etc. Lotsa links to other blogs too :)

I listen to almost the same core of music for every psychedelic experience.

It includes Hamza El Din, playing and singing gentle but funky Nubian music (E. Africa - start with the album A Wish),
Ali Farka Toure playing and singing deeply heart-wrenching free-form-blues-like music from Mali (W. Africa),
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan playing traditional Indian classical music (Signature Series vols. 1 and 2 are excellent),
Deepak Ram playing note-bending Indian flute,
anything by Bach,
and some Jimi Hendrix, John Coltrane and Miles Daves.

Bach J.S. - Aria
Bach - Prelude No.1 in C Major, BWV 846
Bach - Prelude No.22 in B-Flat Minor,
Bach - Siciliano
Mozart - III. 'rondo Alla Turca'
Mozart - I. Allegro
Mozart - Fantasy in D Minor
Beethoven - II. Adagio Cantabile
Beethoven - I. Adagio Sostenuto
Beethoven - Fur Elise
Beethoven - II. Minuet
Schubert - Impromptu Op.90 No.3 in G-Flat
Schubert - Moment Musicaux No.3 in F Mino
Mendelssohn - Fruhlingslied (Spring Song)
Mendelssohn - Venetian Gondola
Chopin - Prelude Op.28 No.15 Raindrop Prelude in D-Flat Major
Chopin - Prelude Op.28 No.15 Raindrop Prelude in D-Flat Major
Chopin - Nocturne Op.9 No.1 in B-Flat Minor
Chopin - Etude Op.10 No.12 Revolutionary
Chopin - Grand Valse Brilliante Op.18 in E-Flat Major
Chopin - Etude Op.10 No.3 in E Major
Chopin - Prelude Op.28 No.20 in C Minor
Chopin - Prelude Op.28 No.4 in E Minor
Schumann - Kindererszenen (Scenes from Childhood) Op.15 No.7 Traumerei (Dreaming)
Schumann - Fantasiestucke (Fantasy Pieces) Op.12 No.1- Des Abends (in the Evening)
Schumann Liszt - Widmung (Dedication)
Liszt - Consolation No.3 in D-Flat Major
Rubinstein - Aria Melody in F Major
Johannes Brahms - Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 118-
Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Les Saisons, Op. 37b- No 6, Juin Barcarolle
Gabriel Faure - Dolly, Op. 56- No 1, Berceuse
Isaac Albeniz - Hojas De Album (6), Op. 165 Espana No 2, Tango
Isaac Albeniz - Suite Espanola, Op. 47- No 1, Granada
Edward Macdowell - Woodland Sketches, Op. 51- No
Claude Debussy - Suite Bergamasque- 3rd Movement, Clair De Lune
Claude Debussy - Preludes, Book 1- No 8, La Fil
Claude Debussy - Arabesques (2) for Piano- No 1 in E Major, Andante Con Moto
Erik Satie - Gymnopedies (3) for Piano- No
Enrique Granados - Goyescas for Piano, Op. 11- Bo
Sergei Rachmaninov - Morceaux De Fantaisies (5), Op. 3- No 2, Prelude in C Sharp Minor

Last edited:
Definitely listen to Mozart: Requiem at some point while tripping, very powerful music.

Gotta agree with these posts. Classical music has a lot to contribute in a psychedelic setting. The intimate connection between musical structure and visual hallucination. A lot of 18th century culture (Art and architecture particulatly) draw on themes of symetry and balance in their composition. You can see these ideas in your mind's eye with the music of Beethoven etc,
Beware though. A lot of classical recordings have a wide dynamic range (ie the quiet bits are very quiet and the loud bits quite loud) I was listening to Vaughn Williams on the headphones from my laptop with the volume very high. Beautiful it was until windows made one of its custumary annoying notification sounds. I nearly had a heart attack and jumped out of my skin.
I should also mention that psychedelic drugs helped me get some kind of handle on some really far out jazz music, which I can now appreciate sober.
Thank goodness for music anyhow. It is a great adjunct for certain points in a trip. Headphone bliss.
Peace - Pipp

Last edited:
Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother is as close to classical music as I've listened to while tripping.

^ lol, I hear that!

Also:

The Yellow Shark by Frank Zappa.

Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother is as close to classical music as I've listened to while tripping.

Atom Heart Mother will blow your head off in the middle of psychedelia. Better than an epic movie

^Howdy there :) Check out Shu-De: Voices from the Distant Steppes. Tuvan throat singing at its finest....:)

Theres some good ritual music blogspots out there, if your interested in some of the darker tones to accompany an experience.

YES. I've only ever heard one album of Tuvan Throat singing, and it was amazing. And that was when I was 6 years old or so.... can't imagine how it would sound tripping.

EDIT: I can imagine Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" or "Passion Play" would be pretty damn amazing as well.

The nice thing about ibogaine is you can hear Tuvan Throat Singers without putting anything in the CD player... ;)