• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Citric Acid Dilution

dalpat077

Bluelighter
As per the title.

I have 2 x 14g packets of Citric Acid (food grade).

What would be the correct dilution with distilled water? I've looked everywhere on the Interweb and all I can find are dilution ratios measured in fucking kilograms to copious amounts of distilled water. I only need like 10ml of the shit maximum. Not pot or bucket fulls.

Last time I fucked around with this shit I recall putting two heaped teaspoons into not so much water. It was so fucking sour that it just wasn't usable (I'm talking vomit material and it's all I could taste for a fucking week). This not for IV but rather sublingual administration of a-n-other opioid. Also was concerned at the time that the strength and the concentration could have destroyed the active ingredient.

I do have a kitchen scale but thanks to Murphy and his law: the fucking thing has not been used in over two years and now the batteries are flat so right now it's of use to no bugger.

Trying to figure out how many teaspoons or portions thereof would make acid the equivalent strength of, say lemon juice.

In all of these HR documents they tell you to NOT use lemon juice but rather a "little bit of Citric Acid". Well that helps a lot huh. What'a a "little bit of Citric Acid".

Last edited:
Never mind. Seek and ye shall find (that rhymes).

"One teaspoon (5 grams) of citric acid is equal in acidity to about 1/2 cup (120 ml) of lemon juice. Thus, only a very small amount is required, and you’ll need to make recipe adjustments.'

Does that sound about right? Although that's not really telling me anything i.e. it's just saying that 1 teaspoon is EQUAL in acidity to 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Not sure if that's the same thing as saying "add 1 teaspoon to 120ml of distilled water" and Bob is your uncle.

No bakers or confectionery makers in da house?

Well here's something interesting and quite novel (how to make distilled water at home):

Pretty clever (well to me anyway):

Would love to try this with sea water and see if the result is drinkable. Tried it once some years ago but it didn't work out too well. But then I didn't have the requisite equipment handy (tried it with a kettle and used a cold stainless steel spoon to cool the steam and let the condensate drip into a glass or tumbler) (waste of time) (one of those things you do when you get bored on holiday and are just too hungover from the night before to bring yourself to do anything else useful or more physically challenging) (one of those "Never again am I drinking" mornings).

Last edited:
Never mind. Seek and ye shall find (that rhymes).

"One teaspoon (5 grams) of citric acid is equal in acidity to about 1/2 cup (120 ml) of lemon juice. Thus, only a very small amount is required, and you’ll need to make recipe adjustments.'

Does that sound about right? Although that's not really telling me anything i.e. it's just saying that 1 teaspoon is EQUAL in acidity to 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Not sure if that's the same thing as saying "add 1 teaspoon to 120ml of distilled water" and Bob is your uncle.

Well.... Why don't you do this. Disolve 1 tsp in a half cup of water and it should be like lemon juice

No bakers or confectionery makers in da house?

Well here's something interesting and quite novel (how to make distilled water at home):

Pretty clever (well to me anyway):

Would love to try this with sea water and see if the result is drinkable. Tried it once some years ago but it didn't work out too well. But then I didn't have the requisite equipment handy (tried it with a kettle and used a cold stainless steel spoon to cool the steam and let the condensate drip into a glass or tumbler) (waste of time) (one of those things you do when you get bored on holiday and are just too hungover from the night before to bring yourself to do anything else useful or more physically challenging) (one of those "Never again am I drinking" mornings).
Use Celtic or Hawaii sea salt. They beat them by a long shot.

The wet version.