View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Circulation of LSD today vs in 60s and 70s

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Hello guys, I'm new to bluelight but I've had the interest in researching drugs for a long time. I've read from many non-drug forums that the LSD people take today is not the same as the one that existed before they were made illegal. In terms of the actual substance and thus the experience. Could someone clarify this?

LSD is LSD ... it's the same.

Sometimes people pass off weird chemicals as LSD but you know from the bitter taste "if it bitter it's a spitter".

In roughly the 100 or so different tabs I have eaten 2 times it has been some other chemical.

You get these hippies looking back on their "glory days" with rose tinted glasses reminiscing and romanticizing about "back in the day"

Sugar is sugar
paracetamol is paracetamol
Weed is weed
LSD-25 is LSD-25

Hope that kinda makes sense.

Interesting...would love to get my hands on it but unfortunately, I'm a loner living in a pretty tough Western European country on drugs. The dark web is out of the question and I've honestly wondered how people order drugs with all those border security programs showing customs officers stopping drug shipments in nearly every way.

Speaking of which, I see you're in Melbourne. is the APS strict on drugs? "Nothing to Delcare" gives off that impression.

Yeah here in Melbourne LSD is very easy to get and cheap. Never had trouble getting it in the 10 years I have been here.

Funny one of the only times I get fake acid wasn't even in Australia. It was Goa in India .... The place was awash in fake acid cose it's way cheap in bulk ... like real, real cheap.

Can't talk much about obtaining on dark web as that's against guidelines but I will say it nearly always gets through.

Not a good example. Cannabis is cannabis but THC content isnt consistent.

Yes but weed is weed, you can't really argue with that it has the same affect.

Anyway nitpick at my comment and feel superior pulling it apart ... I don't see you making any suggestions apart from trying to dissect someones reply.

^But KneelB4Doom is right, weed is clearly the one thing that doesn't quite fit into the list you made. If you had said THC is THC, no argument there, but different weed strains actually have differing cannabinoid contents and differ in their effects accordingly. Therefore weed isn't the same as any other weed in the same sense that LSD is always the same as any other LSD.

As others have said, LSD is LSD. But remember the importance of set and setting, taking LSD as an obscure scientific novelty in the 50s must have been way different from taking it in the late 60s with all the propaganda, good and bad, influencing peoples trips, and still much different from taking it today where we have this huge amount of information about it available. So taking LSD today is not the same as taking it in the 60s, but that is because the environment in which we take it has changed, the LSD molecule is still the same as it was.

Weed is still weed. Sometimes you have to smoke more if it's swag but chemically it's exactly the same. So my comment is not false at all.

You could have a super huge dose 500mg pill of paracetamol or a ting 50 mg pill .... it's still the same shit.

So people who percieve a difference in effects between sativa dominant and indica dominant strains or between strains with different THC:CBD ratios are just imagining things, huh?

Weed is still weed. Sometimes you have to smoke more if it's swag but chemically it's exactly the same. So my comment is not false at all.

You could have a super huge dose 500mg pill of paracetamol or a ting 50 mg pill .... it's still the same shit.

Not true, THC content is not the only difference between different strains. There's at least a hundred cannabinoids to compound the cannabis high, of which THC and CBD are only the most relevant/Better characterized.

Lol, I know we are kinda just bitching, the point of your original post wast completely clear. But the all weed is weed statement is still false :p
It's like saying "all wine is just wine".

I disagree, there are tons of cannabinoids in marijuana, THC is the main one but others have effects, like CBD. The effect of weed is a synergy between varying levels of THC and other cannabinoids. The differences between sativa and indica are extremely obvious.

Anyway this isn't the point of the thread. Not sure why you got offended anyway, someone was just trying to correct something, it doesn't mean they're being arrogant...

To the OP, LSD is still LSD. These days there are a variety of potent compounds that get passed off as LSD, but "original" LSD still exists. Actually there is a ton of it right now compared to any time since the 90s.

Last edited:
May have been lack of connections, but when I was in high school good LSD and MDMA was hard to find, but now the stuff is cheap and plentiful. I was in highschool around the time pressed pills went out of fashion in the U.S. due to how poor quality they were becoming (pipes) and right when nBOME became a thing. Now I havent sene or heard of either of those things since around here.

It is the same; but keep in mind that research chemicals which are not LSD at all, are now being sold as LSD/acid and have been since the early 2000s. I stopped taking LSD around this time period, and just would eat mushrooms or smoke pot instead.

It is the same; but keep in mind that research chemicals which are not LSD at all, are now being sold as LSD/acid and have been since the early 2000s. I stopped taking LSD around this time period, and just would eat mushrooms or smoke pot instead.
Have you ventured in the direction of the modern day clearnet lysergamides such as 1plsd, 1cP-Lss, Ald-52 and Eth lad? They may not be actual LSD, but as pure as can be and no reason to avoid.

These days LSD is usually actually LSD, since the NBOMes are all pretty much gone, and real LSD is very plentiful and cheaper than any of the alternatives that would fit on a blotter.

These days LSD is usually actually LSD, since the NBOMes are all pretty much gone, and real LSD is very plentiful and cheaper than any of the alternatives that would fit on a blotter.
Don't forget the lysergamide research chemicials. Those are not LSD or LSD-25, and are sold as LSD. NBOMes are still around as well. I also have friends who bought and took what they thought and were told was LSD and it was really DOM/STP, or DOB.

Last edited:
Have you ventured in the direction of the modern day clearnet lysergamides such as 1plsd, 1cP-Lss, Ald-52 and Eth lad? They may not be actual LSD, but as pure as can be and no reason to avoid.
No. I was only into actual LSD, cannabis/hash, and mushrooms. I have no desire to take any sort of research chemicals and never took MDA/MDMA, or even DMT.

They are sold as Lysergamides that are similar to LSD by legitimate sources, not as LSD. They are also more expensive than LSD (which itself is readily available) so that selling RC's as LSD makes no sense financially.

They are sold as Lysergamides that are similar to LSD by legitimate sources, not as LSD. They are also more expensive than LSD (which itself is readily available) so that selling RC's as LSD makes no sense financially.
It still happens though, the research chemicals are sold as LSD by dealers both online and at the street level. Theoretically they are supposedly more similar to LSD, but they are not actual LSD, and are research chemicals.

It's also not like the 1960s through late 1990s when there was so much actual LSD going around that people gave it away for free or very little money.

Last edited: