• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cimetidine not a good choice to potentiate oxy?

Dys0rdeR

Greenlighter
Hi all. So today I just had 3 perc 10/325's left and wanted to make the most out of them, so I consulted several opiate potentiation threads and decided on a strategy that seemed viable. Here is what I did:

T-45: 600 mg cimetidine consumed
T-35: 40 mg DXM, 25 mg diphenhydramine and 330 mg naproxen consumed
T-20: 2 tums ultra strength 1000 consumed
T-0: ate my 3 perc 10's

I let 40 minutes go by and am not feeling at all what I was expecting. Normally 30 mg oxy gets me decent within half an hour give or take a few minutes. Nothing special, but I normally feel nice. I go downstairs and eat damn near 2/3 a jar of peanut butter (for the potentiating effects of the fat). I start to search for answers on my phone and come across a thread where someone is saying that taking cimetidine to potentiate oxy is not exactly what I thought it was. According to what I read, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that cimetidine also inhibits the CYP2D6 liver enzyme, which is apparently needed to metabolize the oxy into oxymorphone (what we ultimately want). Also it seems like from what I've read that with all of this liver enzyme blocking, it will will cause the opiates to not break down and metabolize as qucikly. Meaning the duration of the high should last longer due to staying in your system longer, but on the same token, could that also cause the dose to take longer to peak? It's finally starting to feel like it's kicking in now as I finish typing this and it's been 2 hours since I took the percs. I'm getting that lovely warm, fuzzy and itchy feeling now.
So in other words my question is can cimetidine cause the onset of an oxy dose to take longer to kick in? I will keep ya'll posted to report how it continues to go. In the meantime, I'd love it if someone could shed some light on this for me.
Thanks,

- Dys0rdeR

-[UPDATE]-
Okay, so right after posting that I went out to smoke and now I'm just sitting in a chair watching movies nodding off and on, pleasantly warm and itchy. Feels like I took approx 60 mg oxy. 30 mg never makes me nod anymore. Not sure why it took so long to kick in other than the cimetidine possibly causing it to take longer to hit me. This was all taken on an empty stomach too. If anyone better educated could offer an explanation, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm not invalidating your experience in any way, but I've never found Cimetidine to potentiate more than 10%. Why do I throw the 10% figure out there? Because I could never accurately distinguish between placebo or legitimate potentiation. In my opinion, that makes Cimetidine not worth the time.

It's just my opinion, but I think it's probably the smoking of the Cannabis that caused the sedation. Cannabis obviously isn't some kind of a hard narcotic, but I can be totally (right?) alert and awake while under the influence of say, Heroin then I smoke and I'll nod out at my workstation for 2-3 hours. It's always been this way for me, that Cannabis greatly alters the effects of Opioids.

I think both of you could be correct a weak inhibitor increases by auc by 1.25 to 2 (mass * time/ volume ) or a reduced clearence of 20 to 50 percent. In other words is predict a difference of 1.25-1 sq0.25 0.05 to 2-1 sq. 1 0.10

A difference in peak of like ten percent
A difference in total drug exppsure of like double

But idr know wht im trying to say lol im to tired for this math stuff

Actually if its 10 percent to oxymorphone and 70 percent to noroxycodone and it inhibits these equally say 50 percent 30/10=3 * .5 = -1.5 oxymorphone say which is 8x stronger 1.5×8=12 mg . 30*.7 = 21 mg * 0.5 11mg . It could be possible where thrre is no real benefit

All I know is that Zantac (ranitidine) doesn't potentiate shit. I'm on the max daily dose of prescription-strength Zantac and it doesn't affect other drugs in the least. Cimetidine is the classic go-to potentiator from what I've read. If your tolerance is already high, you probably wouldn't even notice the added strength.