• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cimetidine and edibles

c0rrupt22

Greenlighter
how much cimetidine do i need to enhance a 5 hour edible to 7+ without harming my liver with the drug? it says 1 a day 200mg. yet up to 1600mg per pill can be prescribed for ulcers. how much do i really need to up the performance of an edible and alrpazolam will also be taken (i have a 1.5-3mg dose tolerance)

i will down the dose of alprazolam regardless, i understand that, the way the edibles work is beyond me.... help!? :D

i heard it worked for others, with 200-800mg cimetidine ( big difference. 1-4 tablets)

any opinions?

do not just say it's a waste of time, unless it truly is.

Last edited:
delayed away, hi all, may not know me well, but I'm always lurking.

What does cimetidine do?

Hey there a year later!!...

Sorry, long time reader, not much of a poster. I occasionally will have a miscellaneous question that I have and I am sorry, but recently have a had a long and good/not so good dope binge. Not the ol' H, but rather stronger phamaceuticals...

Anyway, I'm sure that this has been answered 1000 times, but I will answer my own question that I learned with some better living through chemistry, hopefully helpful for some readers.

Long story short, Cimetidine is a histamine H2-receptor antagonist that inhibits stomach acid production. It is largely used in the treatment of heartburn and peptic ulcers (why I initially used the medication).

Also as most know, Cimetidine is a known inhibitor of many isozymes of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system (in most cases the main route of use is for Benzodiazepines and Opioids, the CYP3A4 enzyme).

Still confused? Makes your Stash last longer in your system while dosing, which sometimes(most of the time) increasing the effect of the medication(s) one may take. Not to mention alcohol and THC.

That being said, I do want to say for anyone out there, that I have yet to have ill effects on my organs using this medication (OTC here) as an inhibitor of my liver enzymes, but I am definitely not saying GO DO IT, IT'S GREAT. However, it really is...

It really is awful taken for any reason than first stated(ulcers, stomach acid) and can have a MAJOR toll on your liver and some other organs as well. Especially with alcohol and opiods containing acetaminophen.

Enough Preaching, down to business.

400-600mg in my experience is plenty to inhibit enough liver enzymes. Sometimes I go for 600mg ( 3 tablets ), but that depends on whether or not I am dosing again in a few hours, or if I plan on have a few drinks later on at night. I stray away and use as directed for what it is medically used for, usually 2, 400mg doses a day 1-2 hours before consumption of whatever I my body is ready to ingest. Early on in the day, a tiny dose 10-20mg dextroamphetamine (occasionally) and whatever my current tolerance for opiods + benzodiazepines (daily) is and everything seems to be about 1.25x stronger, and last 1.25x-1.5x longer. Then at night after another 400mg cimetidine, 2 tokes of some nice herb and a half of a 50mg THC extracted brownie(plus very minimal benzos +opiods to prevent withdrawl) and I am out cold in 1-2 hours off and my ass stoned.

All in all a terrible habit obviously... Don't do what I did and say "I'll be fine with 20-30mg TOPS of hydrocodone" and end up not feeling 100mg, after a year or so of experimenting with different opi's... I now use Kratom 75% of the day if needed, I and am WAY down on my tolerance to opiates, but cannot shake those damned benzo's

Although, I have to say, when it comes out of getting the occasional bang for you buck, I can Vouch for Cimetidine as being THE BEST potentiator for very many substances.

Be safe, don't abuse the stuff, or kiss your liver (or what you have of it left) goodbye. My liver test came back OK, but I consider myself very lucky, and studies and many people have shown severe nasty side effects after long term use, especially when in combination with other medications and alcohol.

Kinda answered my old question eh? :) Peace all

-c0r

I Always Take 1000MG Before My Clonazepam. It works through your Liver but it WONT Damage it I SMOKE TONS OF WEED with it and smoking or eating edibles itself inhibits the CYP3A4 Enyme Like Cimetidine Does.