• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cigarette cravings after years of no use

Sksjdjeisnfkeishz

Bluelighter
I feel misunderstood. Im a recovered addict from multiple drugs and substances. People dont understand how i feel. Everyone around me either uses and isnt clean or never used. Both of those types of people dont understand how it feels to want to go back to drugs and cigarettes.

The other day i reached out to a friend about cigarette cravings. They told me theres no way im having cigarette cravings years after no smoking. They said im just bored.

Another person today told me i was too young to be addicted. Im not gonna explain myself but its not true.

Both of these people still smoke cigarettes. One of them claims their not addicted to cigarettes. I dont believe that. Everyone i know who does drugs says "if i wanted to stop i could".

Its hard seeing cigarette butts on the ground sometimes. Its hard when my family drinks around me. Its hard when my sister blows smoke in my face even after i told her to stop. Its hard knowing everywhere i go there is going to be drugs.

I went thru that and I'm back smoking again. Any little thing at any duration can be a trigger. Cravings can come on at any time. The good thing is they pop up and go away quickly, just have to fight them off and move forward.